Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bride2b2013

Majestic Colonial/Elegance Brides 2012-2013

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by chrystine888 View Post

 

I ended up totally freaking out last night about the date being on the same weekend as Memorial Day, so I just got it changed.  I can now say with confidence that the ceremony will be at 5:00 pm on May 13, 2013!  I'm so excited!  Monday actually ends up to be a great day to have it because those only staying for 3 nights could fly in Saturday and leave Tuesday.  Matt and I can arrive on Friday, get everything situated, and then get Married on Monday, and then chill for the rest of the week until we leave on Saturday or Sunday.  :-)  All of our guests will have flexibility for their travel times too.  I told them that I would be open to either ceremony type, so I'm currently down for a "symbolic," but the WC is going to see if she can get the Judge to schedule me in.  Either way, the stress is off!!!  Time to start making Save-the-Dates!!!!  :-)

 Well that's awesome you have a set confirmed date that your happy with!!! :o)

 

What type of Save the Dates are you thinking about doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by chrystine888 View Post

 

I ended up totally freaking out last night about the date being on the same weekend as Memorial Day, so I just got it changed.  I can now say with confidence that the ceremony will be at 5:00 pm on May 13, 2013!  I'm so excited!  Monday actually ends up to be a great day to have it because those only staying for 3 nights could fly in Saturday and leave Tuesday.  Matt and I can arrive on Friday, get everything situated, and then get Married on Monday, and then chill for the rest of the week until we leave on Saturday or Sunday.  :-)  All of our guests will have flexibility for their travel times too.  I told them that I would be open to either ceremony type, so I'm currently down for a "symbolic," but the WC is going to see if she can get the Judge to schedule me in.  Either way, the stress is off!!!  Time to start making Save-the-Dates!!!!  :-)

 

That is such a relief ... I know the feeling.  Our trips will overlap.  We will be there from May 5th-May 12th :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

 

 Well that's awesome you have a set confirmed date that your happy with!!! :o)

 

What type of Save the Dates are you thinking about doing?

 

Yes, SO excited!  We are going to do Magnets.  At Magnetstreet.com they have a variety to choose from.  One of them is a beach and the writing looks like writing in the sand!  It's really cute!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by PuntaBride View Post

 

 

That is such a relief ... I know the feeling.  Our trips will overlap.  We will be there from May 5th-May 12th :)

 

That's great!  We will most likely be there from May 10th until May 19th.  :-)  We should try to get together!  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by luckyxx3 View Post

 

Hi Everyone,

 

I'm new to the forum, but there's so much fantastic information on this site, I'm excited to read it all!  My fiance and I are planning to get married July 2013 at the Majestic Elegance.  We've traveled there twice and loved it, and for the price, I don't think you can beat it!  We'd like to get married on the beach, then I've booked La Barcaza for a sunset dinner cruise for all of our guests.  I thought I was well ahead of the curve, requesting my date and time 14 months in advance, but when I heard back from the wedding coordinator today, she told me they only have 1 time slot available, 12:00pm, on July 26th, they day we want to have our symbolic ceremony!!  I don't understand how that's possible, as rates for July 2013 just became available 3 weeks ago!  I really don't want to get married so early in the day, since La Barcaza isn't picking us up until 5:30!  Has anyone else run into this problem?  Were you able to negotiate a different time?

 

Hey Lucky, it is REALLY difficult trying to nail down a time and date.  There were NO Saturdays available for me from the end of April through until June.  Then I asked for Fridays, and I got the same response; only one time slot per day, and most of them were at very inconvenient times (like 10 am!  I would have to get up at 6 am to get ready in time and then everyone would be plastered before dinner!)  Negotiating different times didn't help at all.  If you want a later time, you may have to have it on a different date, unfortunately.  This is one of the most popular places to get married in the DR, so that's why they are so booked up.  On the other hand, 12 isn't so bad, maybe you could schedule a late lunch for everyone right after the ceremony, and try to stall it out so that people don't wander off and get into trouble ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies! I am new to this and have already gotten so much useful information about the Majestic from what you ladies have been talking about. FI and I aren't planning on getting married till 2014 (January) but what is the harm in getting information this early! How do I go about contacting the resort? THANK YOU! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Kay6356 View Post

 

Hi Ladies! I am new to this and have already gotten so much useful information about the Majestic from what you ladies have been talking about. FI and I aren't planning on getting married till 2014 (January) but what is the harm in getting information this early! How do I go about contacting the resort? THANK YOU! :)

 

Definitely no harm.  My suggestion would be to lock down the week you want to go ... and email the resort to select the wedding ceremony date and time.  We booked a week ago for next May 2013 and I had VERY little to choose from!!!  It was stressful.   I was naive to think that we would have no problems.

 

You can go to their website to get contact info and you will receive a whole bunch of wedding information from them.  All about packages .... and other rates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am new to the site and getting married at ME in January 2013. We agreed upon the 11am ceremony and now need ideas on what to do between ceremony and dinner. Also, anyone who knows if you can prebook for a rehearsal dinner or have any ideas on that??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Punta Bride. My fiance and I had decided to book Majestic Elegance for our August 2013 all the way back on October of 2011. We immediately started emailing the resort. Our response was we had to wait until atleast Jan 2012 to start booking for any date in 2013. I'm one of the brides that literally waited until the first week of January and contacted them and requested my date. I've had my date since March of this year for next year. I myself had to wait 2 months just to get an ok on the date, even that much in advance. My advice to anyone is to start contacting the resorts as soon as you even think of a date! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could not even imagine that it would be that hard to get a date now I'm a lit bit scared.
My fiancée and I were wishing to get married on Feb2013, so maybe it might be already too late to book for that date? damm!
Anyway, we sent an email to the yesterday (since the phone on the page didn't worked) requesting all the information, now he just have to wait until hey reach us back..

Thanks for all your comments and advices! I was able to find a bunch of useful information around here :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×