Sign in to follow this  
bride2b2013

Majestic Colonial/Elegance Brides 2012-2013

Originally Posted by Mady28 View Post

I'm having the same dilemma as you. Currently I'm at 10 guests. sad.gif Much less than I had expected. Hopefully more will rsvp, but my fiance thinks it's kind of silly to get a DJ for so little people. I'm interested to see if someone can answer that question.

I just got married two weeks ago.  We had 40 people and had the semi-private dinner at the See and Sea (AMAZING).  We were suppose to have private reception on the beach afterwards, but they were calling for rain so we had to make alternate arrangements (didn't end up raining).  We ended up staying at the See and Sea all night and got to use our DJ for the whole thing - super awesome.  It ended up working out way better than what I had planned.  

If had to do things on a smaller scale I would just do the dinner then go watch the show at the theatre (or sometimes the show is outside in the plaza ... you can gather a great big table and move your party there).  Then at 11 go to the disco for your dancing.  I saw some brides do this while we were there.

Originally Posted by PuntaBride View Post

I just got married two weeks ago.  We had 40 people and had the semi-private dinner at the See and Sea (AMAZING).  We were suppose to have private reception on the beach afterwards, but they were calling for rain so we had to make alternate arrangements (didn't end up raining).  We ended up staying at the See and Sea all night and got to use our DJ for the whole thing - super awesome.  It ended up working out way better than what I had planned.  

If had to do things on a smaller scale I would just do the dinner then go watch the show at the theatre (or sometimes the show is outside in the plaza ... you can gather a great big table and move your party there).  Then at 11 go to the disco for your dancing.  I saw some brides do this while we were there.

Congrats on your marriage,.

Will you be posting pictures?

Punta bride we need some review and tips! Did u get ur hair and make up done at salon or u did it yourself? How was the DJ and how did the cake turn out? So excited to hear!

Hi ladies

Would any MC/ME give us future brides some pointers on what to do, what not to do, what worked for you and what didnt. Also, who did your makeup and hair? 

Thank you

I will be posting a full review and photos - as soon as I get our good pictures from our photographer.  Hopefully it won't be too much longer.  Stay tuned :)  

Just know that Majestic Elegance was incredible.  We loved every part of our week.  I will post all of the details and answer all of your questions soon.

We are leaving next week for our wedding at Majestic Colonial, my WC Dayrna has been great.. can't wait to final meet her!

I will post a review when I return!!

Have a great trip KayB and please come back to us with lots of info! Good luck :)

Does anyone know of any resorts close to Majestic Elegance where there is not a 3 night minimum stay? My mom has family she wants to visit in DR the day after the wedding, and this is making it diffucult. Thx!

My wedding isn't until January 2015, but it's hard to find up to date threads on the Majestic Colonial. My fiance and I have already fallen in love with this resort and have decided on it for our wedding :D I know that I am planning so far in advance, but I love things to be organized lol. I am excited to hear the feedback from the ladies who have been recently and see pictures! I'm concerned about all the extra costs for all the little things... Is anyone bringing their own decorations? Some of their fees are ridiculous when it comes to using their centrepieces and other decorations but I love the resort so much, I think we will try to bring as much as we can and also not decorate a whole lot on top of what is included.

ALSO: I read somewhere that the free wedding package is not available when your 15 rooms are booked at group rate? has anyone else heard of this? I read it on another thread somewhere but the question was never answered...

Tonia hope this helps...this is what I asked my WC. Can you tell me how it works for the free wedding, is it me who sends you the amount of rooms we have booked with our wedding group or this will be done through the travel agent? On the wedding package it says 15 rooms or 105 nights can yout tell me if someone books for 2 weeks does that go towards the 105 nights?[Maria Alejandra Says:] you have to have 15 rooms per 7 nights or 105 night (no matter how many nights you have in each room), yes, if thereâ€s rooms that will be more that 7 nights that will count for the free wedding package.