Majestic Colonial/Elegance Brides 2012-2013

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

cheer2.gif I just found out there was a cancellation on our wedding date. So we can move our ceremony from 6:00 to 4:00.

Sooo.. I need help with my timeline.

4:00 Ceremony at the Gazebo

6:30 Semi-private dinner at the Sea & See

8:30 Reception

Does this sound like a good timeframe?

I hate the 2 and 1/2 hour gap from ceremony to dinner. But I want to make sure we have plenty of time for newlywed pics, family and friend pics with us. This will also allot time for the guests to freshen up or change shoes, etc. And if I feel it's still too much time, maybe I can coordinate a gathering at the Lobby bar before dinner. :o)

Ahhhh! I want a cancellation too!  Did you email them and they told you ... or were you on a wait list?

Hello,

My name is Elizabeth and I have just confirmed my wedding for August 2, 2013! msnparty.gif I found this forum today and I think it's awesome. A question for Miss Bubbles I read past threads about you posting your website info. I clicked on it and it just reads "Welcome to our website".. is there additional info? I'm trying to figure out how to set mine up.

Hello ladies,

My name is Elizabeth and I have just confirmed my wedding date at ME for August 2, 2013! msnparty.gif I found this forum today and I think it's awesome lots of great advice. I'm having a Symbolic ceremony at 1:00pm on the beach. Havent decided on dinner plans yet I'd like the steakhouse but dinner at the wet bar sounds nice too.

I have a question for Miss Bubbles205.. I was reading some past threads and noticed you posted your wedding website. You got lots of comments on how great it was but when I viewed it all that came up is "welcome to our wedding website" is there additional info? I really like to view it so I can get an idea of how to set it up for myself. Thx!

Originally Posted by futureMsBrennan View Post

Hello future Punta Cana brides!!

I am so relieved to have found this website as I am not much of a "planner" and as I am one of the first of my friends to have a DW, I am not very familiar with everything that is involved with it!

That being said, my fiance and I are having a Symbolic ceremony at the Majestic Colonial on April 9, 2013 on the beach at 5 p.m.

Right now, I am at a loss as to the whole dinner/reception thing and I am hoping you guys might be able to help.  I was considering doing a public dinner but with a two hour private reception afterwards.

My question is, even if we do the public/free dinner, can we pay extra to have our tables decorated to distinguish us as a wedding?  Also, I have been concerned about how many weddings they hold in a day?  I know there are not VERY many restaurants on the resort, do they take this into consideration when they book the weddings?  Apparently, all of the other spots on my day are full... my concern is what if another wedding has booked everything??

Sorry for the length and the panic in my post... I am an extreme rookie and I am looking forward to hearing from  you all!! :)

It's definitely something you want to book as soon as you have an idea what you want for a reception. I had my heart set on the See & Sea but it's already booked :( So we are doing dinner at the steakhouse and then a reception at the Parrot bar. 

Originally Posted by happybride2013 View Post

Hello ladies,

My name is Elizabeth and I have just confirmed my wedding date at ME for August 2, 2013! msnparty.gif I found this forum today and I think it's awesome lots of great advice. I'm having a Symbolic ceremony at 1:00pm on the beach. Havent decided on dinner plans yet I'd like the steakhouse but dinner at the wet bar sounds nice too.

I have a question for Miss Bubbles205.. I was reading some past threads and noticed you posted your wedding website. You got lots of comments on how great it was but when I viewed it all that came up is "welcome to our wedding website" is there additional info? I really like to view it so I can get an idea of how to set it up for myself. Thx!

Congrats !! This forum is so helpful. :)  

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

cheer2.gif I just found out there was a cancellation on our wedding date. So we can move our ceremony from 6:00 to 4:00.

Sooo.. I need help with my timeline.

4:00 Ceremony at the Gazebo

6:30 Semi-private dinner at the Sea & See

8:30 Reception

Does this sound like a good timeframe?

I hate the 2 and 1/2 hour gap from ceremony to dinner. But I want to make sure we have plenty of time for newlywed pics, family and friend pics with us. This will also allot time for the guests to freshen up or change shoes, etc. And if I feel it's still too much time, maybe I can coordinate a gathering at the Lobby bar before dinner. :o)

That's awesome that it worked out for you! 4 pm is a perfect time. My ceremony is 3 and the dinner isn't til 630 so I'm hoping guests will be happy hanging out at the lobby bar in between. 

Has everyone started their DW paperwork?  It's pretty complicated getting married in Punta Cana.  You have to have your forms notarized, then apostilled, then translated and then legalized!  If you haven't started, it would be a good time to start looking into it.  Let me know if you have any questions, I think I have the procedure pretty much down.

Hi brides!

I can't believe I haven't posted here yet!

Our wedding ceremony and reception will be at the Jellyfish but we will be staying at the Elegance in the week of July 26th, 2013. It turns out that the Majestic just didn't have a date or time that we wanted+ we felt like the jellyfish offered more choices to have a personalized reception although we really wish our ceremony was at the resort but oh, well...

Anyway, I just can't seem to find a ZIPCODE for the resort and therefore, can't put a link for it on my website, does anybody happen to know it? I would greatly appreciate it!

Originally Posted by chrystine888 View Post

Has everyone started their DW paperwork?  It's pretty complicated getting married in Punta Cana.  You have to have your forms notarized, then apostilled, then translated and then legalized!  If you haven't started, it would be a good time to start looking into it.  Let me know if you have any questions, I think I have the procedure pretty much down.

Oh my goodness I thought it was just me! In Jersey you can send what ever you need apostilled to Trenton and they do it for $25 per form, which is A LOT cheaper then we found on line.

I sent my birth certificate and it only took about 2 weeks if that... in the end we just decided to get married by a local official before we go and just bring our marriage certificate. We aren't telling anyone so it will look "official" the day we get married. It turns out that because we are doing it that was we will get Pastor York which I read great things about him.

Best of luck to you!!!