Majestic Colonial/Elegance Brides 2012-2013

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

My vent for today about Majestic Elegance.. I emailed my WC to see if we could push our ceremony up to 5:00, because our photographer stated 6:00 is getting to be too late, and the WC replied with "There our no earlier time slots on that day"   It's a WEDNESDAY!.. How in the heck is there nothing available? I also inquired as to how many weddings they do in one day. Can anyone else comment as to how many they have in one day?.. I'm really annoyed with them right now. :o(

I also had a problem getting a time for our wedding.  After a dozen emails of going back and forth with the WC and changing the time and day of the wedding I finally got what I asked for originally, which was a late afternoon wedding also on a wednesday.  I couldn't believe that everything was booked up already, but I turned out to be ok in the end.  I just hope we have enough day light. When I looked at what time the sun sets for january it said 6-6:30 and our wedding is at 5 so I hope we get some good daylight and sunset pictures. I would just keep trying to get that time slot you may get lucky.  They also told me that they do 5 weddings a day between the two resort which I thought was pretty crazy.

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

I honestly think they make up 80% of what they say. If they have 3 slots, (10, 1 and 5) then how in the heck would me moving my 6:00 to 5:00 cause a conflict. I don't like that anyone can book a time without a deposit. Because for all they someone holds a time and then forgets to release it. I voiced this to our WC and let her know we would really like 5:00 or 5:30 if she could please keep us updated. Of course she hasn't responded.  Are you set for a certain day or still waiting? I see your profile has no date. With you having a 7 day window I don't see how all slots could be booked.

We went with May 9th for now @ 1pm, but still hoping it changes to something later!

Yes,

we got 12:00 in the day too but I requested a later wedding ceremony. I did not start planning though until three weeks ago in July 2012 so april 25 at noon is all they had availible besides april 29 and the flights did not work for that date for us as we went with transat out of St. John's nl, . I have a section og Flavours booked off at 1:30 for our group to have lunch with pics after that so that should take about 2.5 hours. Not sure what to do after that.  Dinner is not until 6:30 at the sea and see so it is a long wait but I"m wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what to do in between too? We are having a beach reception with ipod or cd's as my fiance is familiar with sound systems as he owns his own system at home so it should be fairly easy to set the ipod and roll with it. It looks like the reception on the beach is going to cost about 2000 (set up, sound system, bartender, dance floor, two lights and national bar and two panels). We are only expecting 20 people so I,m wondering if the cost is worth it. We are travelling with our 4 kids and are paying $11,500 for the the all inclusive and another 450 for insurance so im not sure about the reception but I do really want to have it. What do you think about not having a reception? Has anyone not done it and what was your experience?  We were booked with the group rate and would have gotten tickets for 1000 less only one week ago but most people who plan on attending wanted to wait until after christmas to book hoping the seats are less expensive. Its 1950 adult from NL and two of our kids are above 10 so are being charged the adult rate. Noone wanted to pay the deposit on the group rate so we had to cancel it and go with current rates whic cost 1000 more even after only one week. so we are on a budget to say the least!! 

Originally Posted by Newfiegirl40 View Post

Yes,

we got 12:00 in the day too but I requested a later wedding ceremony. I did not start planning though until three weeks ago in July 2012 so april 25 at noon is all they had availible besides april 29 and the flights did not work for that date for us as we went with transat out of St. John's nl, . I have a section og Flavours booked off at 1:30 for our group to have lunch with pics after that so that should take about 2.5 hours. Not sure what to do after that.  Dinner is not until 6:30 at the sea and see so it is a long wait but I"m wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what to do in between too? We are having a beach reception with ipod or cd's as my fiance is familiar with sound systems as he owns his own system at home so it should be fairly easy to set the ipod and roll with it. It looks like the reception on the beach is going to cost about 2000 (set up, sound system, bartender, dance floor, two lights and national bar and two panels). We are only expecting 20 people so I,m wondering if the cost is worth it. We are travelling with our 4 kids and are paying $11,500 for the the all inclusive and another 450 for insurance so im not sure about the reception but I do really want to have it. What do you think about not having a reception? Has anyone not done it and what was your experience?  We were booked with the group rate and would have gotten tickets for 1000 less only one week ago but most people who plan on attending wanted to wait until after christmas to book hoping the seats are less expensive. Its 1950 adult from NL and two of our kids are above 10 so are being charged the adult rate. Noone wanted to pay the deposit on the group rate so we had to cancel it and go with current rates whic cost 1000 more even after only one week. so we are on a budget to say the least!! 

We too are trying to decide to have or not to have a reception party.. For the FI and I for 8 nights+flights was right at 3k, which we were relieved about. For dinner, we are opting for the semi-private at the steakhouse, since it's an all-inclusive resort we didn't see any sense in paying so much per person at an all inclusive resort. I'd like for us to do dancing, etc., but it will really come down to how many people will end up attending our DW in general. But we are also planning an at home reception for our friends and family that wont be able to travel to Punta Cana. I've read that some people whom choose to not do a reception, take the dancers with them to the disco that starts at 11:00, I believe.

Originally Posted by Newfiegirl40 View Post

If 10,1 and 5 are the only slots, How did we get 12:00 noon which is the worst possible slot in my opinion? we asked for 5 also but the judge was not available.

My wedding is going to be at 4pm (March 28). I wonder how exactly they decide on which hours to offer..