Photo

Anyone thinking of including their Dog in the Wedding ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jackieadewole

Jackieadewole
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hell Ladies,

I'm wondering if other ladies are including their dogs in their Wedding Day? I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba and i plan to have our

Wedding outside this summer!

I want my dog " Jake" to attend my wedding in July, Jake is my babe and has been with me since 2008. Me and my Fiance are    having been doing allot of research on this topic. And have learned allot of couples are opting for their dogs to be at their Weddings    also. So many famous people have included their dogs in their Weddings too. I just cant decided what role he is going to play.

We  are having a small group of family and friends and they all know how much " Jake" is apart of ours lives so it wont be any s

surprise  he will be their. Jake has been apart of my life since he was a pup, he is my morning joy.

Is their anyone else thinking of having their dog in their Wedding? And if so, what kind of role are they playing.

At this point we are having " Jake"definitely in our Wedding Picture. And  in attendance sitting in the back of the venue

I'm so excited and my wheels are spinning with ideas for the Big Day!!

Please share your ideas with me, maybe others have same ideas? Or better ones? 

#2 Jackieadewole

Jackieadewole
    • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hell Winnipeg Ladies,

I'm wondering if other ladies are including their dogs in their Wedding Day? I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba and i plan to have our

Wedding outside this summer!

I want my dog " Jake" to attend my wedding in July, Jake is my babe and has been with me since 2008. Me and my Fiance are having been doing allot of research on this topic. And have learned allot of couples are opting for their dogs to be at their Weddings also. So many famous people have included their dogs in their Weddings too. I just cant decided what role he is going to play.

We are having a small group of family and friends and they all know how much " Jake" is apart of ours lives so it wont be any s

surprise he will be their. Jake has been apart of my life since he was a pup, he is my morning joy.

Is their anyone else thinking of having their dog in their Wedding? And if so, what kind of role are they playing.

At this point we are having " Jake"definitely in our Wedding Picture. And in attendance sitting in the back of the venue

I'm so excited and my wheels are spinning with ideas for the Big Day!!

Please share your ideas with me, maybe others have same ideas? Or better ones?

Thanksss

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,074 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forums! I think having your dog in the wedding is fantastic! Plus... Jake is bound to do something that will make everyone laugh! haha

Best of luck with all your plans!

Linkn

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#4 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:31 AM

I think its a great idea.  That being said, I have been to a wedding before where they had their dog as the ring bearer.  Definetly was not a good idea.  The dog went down the aisle with the rings, but after that was wondering around the entire time by the bridesmaids/grooms men.  And at one point started jumping up on the bride.  I found it very distracting and wasn't able to really focus on the wedding ceremony as there was this dog roaming around.  I think if you do include him assign someone to be his keeper for the day and be in control of him.

#5 Jackieadewole

Jackieadewole
        • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

Well Jake is older now and very docile due to his age:) But thank you JayKay for the advise. I am looking into hiring someone to watch him for the day. As i think it would be unfair to ask my Mother to watch him the whole day.  Any other brides here from Winnipeg?

#6 marilili

marilili
          • 200 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

I wish I could have my dog at my wedding, but I can't imagine her in a kennel for 8 or more hours.  Plus when we arrive we would have to leave her at a doggy day care.  So it breaks my heart but it doesn't make sense financially for us, but if you can make it work, I think the pictures with your loved doggy would be amazing!!!

#7 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

I merged your two threads since they were the same topic...

I love my dogs and would love if they could have been apart of my wedding, but I would worry about what JayKay said too.  They might be a bigger distraction then anything and I'm not sure how they'd feel about traveling.  Would it be worth the distress that traveling would cause them?  Good luck with what you decide!

#8 QuintanaV

QuintanaV
              • 76 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

I have a beloved doggie as well that I'd love to have on our special day as well, but having him ride in a kennel for many hours and than worry about watching him while on vacation will definitely be a challenge. Our little guy will be staying home in a doggie day care while we are gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users