Photo

Who did not have a white wedding dress? any regrets? I need opinions on mine....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SoonToBeMrsSer

SoonToBeMrsSer
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

I'm getting married in Mexico, my ceremony starts at 5 pm and we are getting married on a bluff overlooking the ocean. After lots of searching I found a white dress I adore. At the end of March I am going to try it on to see if I still love it in person. But I still can't get the thought of NOT having a white dress out of my head I found a colored dress I AM IN LOVE WITH. The colors are very me. We are having a very small intimate wedding. Only family and close friends of family I have known since I was very young. We are having a dinner after the ceremony then fireworks. We are not having dancing and all that, I just think it would be kind of awkard with like 15 or 20 people there. So we are going to explore downtown puerto vallarta and go dancing there. Also I would kind of like to choose soon because I need to get new ideas for decoration/flowers etc. at first I planned having a white dress and all fuschia accents but if I buy the colored dress I would go more purples etc. (so many decisions for a bride! lol) I would just like to hear from other brides that chose not to wear white  on your wedding day, do you regret it?  I know in the end it is my decision. But I'm really having a hard time choosing I guess I need to hear if anyone had regrets NOT wearing white or if you wore white and wish you wore a fun dress. I have talked to my family, bless their hearts they say whatever makes me happy. So I have come here for other brides advice. Thanks for listening and thanks for all advice I truly appreciate it.

here is my white dress I found...

and the colored one...

Attached Files

#2 acireta

acireta
    • Site Supporter
    • 750 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

They are both stunning!

I think that's a hard decision to make. Wedding dresses are such a personal choice! A lot of girls on this other site, Offbeat Bride wear colored dresses and some of them are so pretty. I could never see myself in anything but a white dress, but that's just me wanting to be conformist :-)

Here's the offbeat bride pinterest board which has a ton of examples and inspirations:

http://pinterest.com/offbeatbride/

Good luck with your choice, you will look beautiful either way!

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#3 SoonToBeMrsSer

SoonToBeMrsSer
      • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

I will def. check out that website.  I'm just having SUCH a hard time choosing, I have found a really gorgeous goldish colored dress... So maybe I"ll go with that instead of the colored one. ... ugh decisions decisons.

Thank you for your kind words though :)

#4 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

They are both beautiful dresses.  For me, I never even thought about a colored dress as I knew I wanted a white dress.  What about buying a white dress for your ceremony and then changing into a colored dress for your reception.  I know it means purchasing two dresses, but then you get the best of both worlds!

#5 joda

joda
        • 205 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

I think this is a great idea, if it works with your budget.

Originally Posted by JayKay 

They are both beautiful dresses.  For me, I never even thought about a colored dress as I knew I wanted a white dress.  What about buying a white dress for your ceremony and then changing into a colored dress for your reception.  I know it means purchasing two dresses, but then you get the best of both worlds!

#6 anudrm

anudrm
          • 760 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

They both are beautiful dresses.  I believe having a colored dress is soooo a personal choice.  Me, I never saw myself in a white dress, in my opinion it was too traditional and the entire meaning behind wearing white didn't fit into my lifestyle.  So at my wedding, I had a smoke grey wedding dress made.  I absolutely loved it, love it and I don't regret it at all.  Wish I could get married again, just to have another chance to wear the gown.

It is completely up to your heart's desire.  Follow your heart!

Originally Posted by SoonToBeMrsSer 

I will def. check out that website.  I'm just having SUCH a hard time choosing, I have found a really gorgeous goldish colored dress... So maybe I"ll go with that instead of the colored one. ... ugh decisions decisons.

Thank you for your kind words though :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users