Sign in to follow this  
jamieirene

JamieIrene's Planning Thread Tying The Knot On The Beaches of Cancun, Mexico July 28th 2012

Our New Venue:

The Beautiful Hotel Riu Cancun.  Although it is not were we got engaged (see above if you missed that story) We could not be happier!  So far everything has gone great with the new hotel, and I can not wait for all of our family and friends to be at this beautiful resort!  As we get closer to the wedding, and after of course I will give all the details!

Here are some pictures:

503x335_tcm_49-49762_tcm55-49763.jpg

2631759-Riu-Cancun-All-Inclusive-Hotel-Exterior-5.jpg

20023243.jpg

AMEN0-20110527-032607-315_J.jpg

And here are some pictures of the gazebo were we will say I do!

25392264.jpg

wedding-gazebo.jpg

I am sorry for all the problems you have had, but the new resort looks great! Hopefully everything else will be smooth sailing for you now!

So, because of the change of hotel our save the dates were pretty much trash.  But luckily for us a lot of our family and fiends keep up to date with our wedding website which I update on a regular basis so we decided that it was unnecessary to send out new save the dates!

Our Wedding Website:

So I love uploading all sorts of things to our wedding website.  I choose to make our wedding website through shutterfly for a number of reasons.  First of all it was extremely easy to design it.  Secondly, it is very easy for my guest to access there are not passwords or codes to enter.  And Also, after the wedding it will be extremely easy for guests to upload their pictures from our wedding and also order prints, photo books, etc directly though the website.  Best of all it is free!  If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask!  I am happy to help!  So take a look and let me know what you think!

The link to our website:

http://thewalkerblumwedding.shutterfly.com/

Oh my gosh Jamie, I am so glad this all worked out for you!  What a nightmare!!!  I would have been a HOT MESS!  Riu Cancun looks amazing!!!!!  Looking  forward to hear how amazing your big day was!   Not much longer for you to go!!!!

Looks good Jamie! Your website and save-the-dates are stunning. Sorry for all the drama you went through with booking! mad.gif

The one thing I found out the hard way about shutterfly is there is no way to mass download other people's pics from the site. You have to order a disc of the high-res images, or download them one at a time. I was in a big rush after the wedding to get everyone's pics for a slideshow for the AHR, so i had to get everyone to re-upload to photobucket where i could mass download without ordering a disc and paying a rush fee. If you're not in a rush after the wedding, then ignore me, just wanted to tell you what I found out the hard way! cheesy.gif

Looking forward to seeing more from you as the wedding gets closer!!

Originally Posted by jamieirene View Post

So, because of the change of hotel our save the dates were pretty much trash.  But luckily for us a lot of our family and fiends keep up to date with our wedding website which I update on a regular basis so we decided that it was unnecessary to send out new save the dates!

Our Wedding Website:

So I love uploading all sorts of things to our wedding website.  I choose to make our wedding website through shutterfly for a number of reasons.  First of all it was extremely easy to design it.  Secondly, it is very easy for my guest to access there are not passwords or codes to enter.  And Also, after the wedding it will be extremely easy for guests to upload their pictures from our wedding and also order prints, photo books, etc directly though the website.  Best of all it is free!  If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask!  I am happy to help!  So take a look and let me know what you think!

The link to our website:

http://thewalkerblumwedding.shutterfly.com/

Originally Posted by acireta View Post

Looks good Jamie! Your website and save-the-dates are stunning. Sorry for all the drama you went through with booking! mad.gif

The one thing I found out the hard way about shutterfly is there is no way to mass download other people's pics from the site. You have to order a disc of the high-res images, or download them one at a time. I was in a big rush after the wedding to get everyone's pics for a slideshow for the AHR, so i had to get everyone to re-upload to photobucket where i could mass download without ordering a disc and paying a rush fee. If you're not in a rush after the wedding, then ignore me, just wanted to tell you what I found out the hard way! cheesy.gif

Looking forward to seeing more from you as the wedding gets closer!!

Yikes!  I was completely unaware, and downloading them one by one will just not work for me!  Thanks for the heads up though!  Out AHR will be about a month laster so hopefully that will be enough time!  

Originally Posted by elissae View Post

Oh my gosh Jamie, I am so glad this all worked out for you!  What a nightmare!!!  I would have been a HOT MESS!  Riu Cancun looks amazing!!!!!  Looking  forward to hear how amazing your big day was!   Not much longer for you to go!!!!

Thanks elissae!  I kept a lot more calm than I thought I would!  Time seems to be flying by now!  I am going to try and post more tonight!

The Dress:

I absolutely love my dress!  Its an Oleg Cassini.  I order it in Champaign and ivory.  It almost has a vintage spanish flair which is perfect since we are getting married in Mexico!

Here is the picture of the model:

Oleg-Cassini-wedding-gowns.jpg

Here is me in the color I order Champaign and Ivory:

SAM_1195.JPG

SAM_1204.JPG

SAM_1206.JPG

SAM_1219.JPG

( Yes I am going with the cathedral length veil )

SAM_1220.JPG

SAM_1222.JPG

SAM_1225.JPG

Did I mention that it was a perfect fit and did not need a single alteration?  Talk about meant to be! 

I LOVE your NYC E-Shoot!! My fiance and I are scheduled for our in 2 weeks. We will be shooting in Central Park & Times Square. Can't wait!!!woot.gif

Originally Posted by jamieirene View Post

Okay…just a few more I promise!  I just love them all I could not choose just a few!

jamieJoe-25.jpg

jamieJoe-29.jpg

jamieJoe-30.jpg

jamieJoe-24.jpg

And I could keep posting, but I'll move on!