Photo

Any updates on Appleton Rum Favors?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 2012mrstobe

2012mrstobe
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:26 AM

I have looked through all the threads on Appleton Rum favors and have emailed any and every person that I saw an email address for but I have never received a response. My wedding is in August and I will need approximately 38 bottles.

I have read somewhere that brides have just purchased them once they got off the plane at a little shop near the airport. I am wondering if I should just go that route or has anyone gotten a response from someone at Wray & Nephew recently?

Thanks in advance!

#2 sunshine2413

sunshine2413
    • Site Supporter
    • 340 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

It would probably be cheaper to buy them there... Less transport! But if your at an all inclusive, they may have small bottles for free. My resort has it in the minibar. But the airport seemed like the best place to find good prices on liquor when we were there last. 

Good Luck!

Originally Posted by 2012mrstobe 

I have looked through all the threads on Appleton Rum favors and have emailed any and every person that I saw an email address for but I have never received a response. My wedding is in August and I will need approximately 38 bottles.

I have read somewhere that brides have just purchased them once they got off the plane at a little shop near the airport. I am wondering if I should just go that route or has anyone gotten a response from someone at Wray & Nephew recently?

Thanks in advance!

#3 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

We didn't give rum favors, but our hotel did have some of the little mini bottles for sale.  If I was you I would maybe contact your resort/hotel to see if they could possible get some in for you and have them there for when you arrive.

#4 2012mrstobe

2012mrstobe
      • 164 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for the responses ladies. I am thinking I will start looking for them once I get off the plane. I have to find a market there anyway to get some local snacks to put in my bags (plantain chips, etc.) so I will be looking for the mini bottles as well. When I asked my on site wedding planner if she could recommend a local vendor to purchase them from once i get there and she told me she didn't (which I find very hard to believe) and she reminded me that there would be a corkage fee if one of my guests popped a bottle at the reception. It rubbed me the wrong way because I never even said I was giving them as favors at the reception, I plan to put them in the guests bags.

#5 halfmoonbride2b

halfmoonbride2b
        • 12 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:37 AM

Bridget Watson, Consumer Innovation Manager

876-764-7921

bridget.watson@wrayandnephew.com

I have been communicating with her via e-mail.  I hope this is helpful!

HalfmoonBride2B

#6 2012mrstobe

2012mrstobe
          • 164 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

Thanks! I really don't want to have to transport them so I will check to see if I can get them delivered to the resort.

Originally Posted by halfmoonbride2b 

Bridget Watson, Consumer Innovation Manager

876-764-7921

bridget.watson@wrayandnephew.com

I have been communicating with her via e-mail.  I hope this is helpful!

HalfmoonBride2B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users