Photo

Newbie, Moon Palace 2013

• Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

#561 RobynEve

RobynEve
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

My fianc© and I are getting married November 10, 2013 at the moon palace. Then are heading over to El Dorado Casitas on 11/12/13 an adults only resort for four days!

#562 Aileenmorris

Aileenmorris
    • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

Hi, I am a 2013 bride also and looking at the moon palace and five star accommodation in beautiful place . anything will help ;

#563 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
      • 441 posts
      • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
      • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

Awesome video!  

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#564 Britt

Britt
      • 97 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

How far out from your wedding did you receive a WC to go over all your choices and firm them up?

#565 shan0487

shan0487
        • 1,393 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

Right at the 30 day mark was when I was handed over to my on-site wedding planner but my wedding coordinator already had everything cofirmed for the most part

#566 lastminbride

lastminbride
        • 165 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

I'm dealing directly with the hotel bc we are using our friend's membership. We haven't booked or created a roomgroup booking yet. Now they are saying that not just will I NOT get the nights countd towards my room nights of the wedding benefits, BUT also that anyone that books outside of their 'group booking' will have a charge of $55 for the reception and $22 for the cocktail!!! Even though they will be staying at the hotel!!!! Has anyone heard of this?? Seen it before? They are driving me crazy.

#567 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
          • 441 posts
          • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
          • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by lastminbride 

I'm dealing directly with the hotel bc we are using our friend's membership. We haven't booked or created a roomgroup booking yet. Now they are saying that not just will I NOT get the nights countd towards my room nights of the wedding benefits, BUT also that anyone that books outside of their 'group booking' will have a charge of $55 for the reception and $22 for the cocktail!!! Even though they will be staying at the hotel!!!! Has anyone heard of this?? Seen it before?
          They are driving me crazy.

Unfortunately I too was told the same thing.  I have some people who found it cheaper to book through expedia for the same hotel but I was told that I would have to pay for all the private receptions for them since they are not booking through our block.  I'm still trying to figure out how to go about it I don't want to discourage guests from coming and want them to get the best deal but i also don't want to lose out on the bride and groom free amenities. I understand that since the events are private such as welcome party, rehearsal dinner and cocktail hour that's why they charge you for people outside of your block even though its an all inclusive.  You have to remember private events require your own bartender, waiters, and furniture set up at least that's my understanding.  Still sucks though to have to pay an extra fee even though they are staying at the same hotel.   

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#568 ccawley79

ccawley79
          • 27 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:45 AM

Hi there, are there any recent 2013 Moon Palace brides around? I have a question about the remaining balance once you have reached 75 nights booked. We booked 82 nights and paid for a 7 night stay for my fiance and I. Since the 7 nights are supposed to be "complimentary" I thought that meant we would get a check back from the resort with the remaining balace (after we paid for music, flowers, etc). I just received the PO from the wedding coordinator and it says our remaining credits of $1,700 can be used for wedding extras only, no cash reimbursement. I just emailed her to ask because I thought I had read on here that brides had that money returned to them in a check. If anyone has an answer please let me know. My fianace is going to upset if we aren't going to get that money back. Thats one of the reasons we booked 7 nights for ourselves. :)

#569 shan0487

shan0487
            • 1,393 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

I got married in 2012 and booked thoruugh a travel agent and received the refund back on my credit card about a month after we returned.

Is anyone getting married between November 25-30?  My husband and I will be there for our one year anniversary and wanted to see  if we can crash some weddings haha :)

#570 lastminbride

lastminbride
            • 165 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

I haven't done my room group contract yet, so this is just going of memory of what was said to me. It can be applied to wed extras, future stays, or 2-3 month refund. Did you book directly with the resort? Completely unrelated to your refund: Did all your guests book through your group booking? What happened with the ones that didn't (if any)?

Hi there, are there any recent 2013 Moon Palace brides around? I have a question about the remaining balance once you have reached 75 nights booked. We booked 82 nights and paid for a 7 night stay for my fiance and I. Since the 7 nights are supposed to be "complimentary" I thought that meant we would get a check back from the resort with the remaining balace (after we paid for music, flowers, etc). I just received the PO from the wedding coordinator and it says our remaining credits of $1,700 can be used for wedding extras only, no cash reimbursement. I just emailed her to ask because I thought I had read on here that brides had that money returned to them in a check. If anyone has an answer please let me know. My fianace is going to upset if we aren't going to get that money back. Thats one of the reasons we booked 7 nights for ourselves. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users