Photo

Newbie, Moon Palace 2013

• Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

#521 lastminbride

lastminbride
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

Jenvens - I had no idea I could hire a TA to book not through them, but through the hotel ! What a great idea!!! I will look into it. Thank you!

#522 Karen Luiza

Karen Luiza
    • 23 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

OMG-leaving in 10 days and getting married in 2weeks!! Time flies:) andI THINK Im done with the details (butevery time I think that, I think of something else Ive missed)

#523 ccawley79

ccawley79
      • 27 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

Good luck! :)

#524 Britt

Britt
        • 97 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Congrats and have fun! 

#525 leighleigh77

leighleigh77
          • 18 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

Good luck Karen hope you have an amazing time! X

#526 sky186

sky186
            • 155 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

Good luck x

#527 ccawley79

ccawley79
              • 27 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

Hi, my wedding is in less than 2 months (11/22/13) @ Moon Palace. We have 40 guests coming and I'm starting to get a little nervous. :) We are having the reception outdoors @ Tucan Terrace. Can anyone help me with decorations? We would like to rent hanging lights to hang from the trees but we aren't sure how many to rent. They are $92 for one string of 10 lights. Also, has anyone used an outside florist? The prices of flowers at Moon Palace are out of our budget so I feel like this is the way to go for us. I'm scared the hotel will either charge us a crazy fee or not even let the florist deliver them. Anyone able to give me any advice?

#528 shan0487

shan0487
                • 1,393 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

I can't help you with the lights but I can help you with the florist. I used Marvin at Maya Floral and he was a lot cheaper than the resort. He is slow to respond but if you put something in the subject line he can notice right away he will respond quicker. He will drop off the flowers in the lobby so you will not have to pay an outside vendor fee. Good luck and let me know if you need anything else! :)

#529 ccawley79

ccawley79
                • 27 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

Thank you! What happened when you told the resort coordinator you bought outside flowers? Were you charged an outside vendor fee? Your flowers are beautiful! How much does Marvin charge for bridesmaids bouquets? My bridesmaids are wearing David's bridal dresses (all different styles) in begonia. I loved Horizon but my sisters didn't haha. Begonia was my #2. :) I had my first fitting yesterday..can't believe this day is almost here. So much to do!! Did you rent a dj? We just got the quotes from the resort dj.

I can't help you with the lights but I can help you with the florist. I used Marvin at Maya Floral and he was a lot cheaper than the resort. He is slow to respond but if you put something in the subject line he can notice right away he will respond quicker. He will drop off the flowers in the lobby so you will not have to pay an outside vendor fee. Good luck and let me know if you need anything else! :)

#530 shan0487

shan0487
                  • 1,393 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

ccawley- You don't tell them...they don't need to know anything! :) I just got the complimentary bridal bouquet and bout from the resort and then on the wedding day I acted like a family member surprised me with the bouquets- there is nothing they can do about it if you don't tell them! :) I think it was about $65 for each bridesmaid bouquet. My sister didn't get an opinion in my wedding- you must be nicer than me haha. Is Begonia a blue color as well? I'm no longer familiar with the David's colors- even though I felt like I was there every other week in 2012 going with bridesmaids to pick out their style dresses! :) We did the ipod hookup- it worked great...granted it was a lot of hours of work the last couple weeks making the playlists but was well worth the $200 bill vs the $1000 for the DJ! We had a family friend MC and it worked great. Did you contact JSAV or PSAV. I went through JSAV an they are A LOT cheaper than PSAV! If you need a contact person let me know and I'll give you the girl I worked with! :) That is exciting!! Just make a to-do list and cross off a couple things a week and you will be fine- that's what I did..and then when you get down to the last few weeks- you'll realize you don't "need" programs or extra decorations or whatever it may be- I crossed off a lot of things off my list by just deciding I didn't need it and didn't need to spend the money on it- no one would notice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users