Newbie, Moon Palace 2013

• Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

#321 Ladystardust

Ladystardust
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by kelly1979 

Thank you Sam. Gutted I really liked that location to. Do u know how much the hotel charges to have an outside photographer in at all? I've seen some amazing photos from a photographer and would love them to take my photos but I'm unsure if I have to pay for day passes or a night stay
    Xxxx

Hi Kelly,

I think the hotel charges $500 for an outside photographer.  we are booking Ivan Luckie and will be buying a nights stay.  Sometimes they allow the day pass but more often they dont xx

#322 kelly1979

kelly1979
    • 19 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

Thank u. I had a email off the hotel today saying I had to buy day passes that's all. I can only have photography thought and not videography xx

#323 leighleigh77

leighleigh77
      • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

Good luck to all the brides travelling in the next few weeks. I've only really just begun planning and still messing around with dates for next year. One question I would like to ask UK brides is where did you send your birth certs for apostle confirmation x thanks!

#324 Ladystardust

Ladystardust
        • 79 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by leighleigh77 

Good luck to all the brides travelling in the next few weeks. I've only really just begun planning and still messing around with dates for next year. One question I would like to ask UK brides is where did you send your birth certs for apostle confirmation x thanks!

Hi Leigh;

Congrats on your 2014 wedding ;)

I sent mine to the foreign office.  you download a form and you can pay online.  its £30 per doc plus £6 postage for Fedex.  They send it back in a matter of days https://www.gov.uk/g...ument-legalised.  make sure you have the full birth certificate done and not the short one :)

#325 leighleigh77

leighleigh77
          • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

Thanks lady stardust I did find that page but thought I'd check here first to make sure. Thanks for the tip about full birth certs I think I only have small one so gives me time to get those too. I love this site :)

#326 CharleneFerrell

CharleneFerrell
            • 37 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

How do I know if I have the full birth certificate? I think it is, it has my parents on it etc. But they are extracts only not the originals. Did you all have to get them translated before you go too? Cheers, Charlene x

#327 Ladystardust

Ladystardust
              • 79 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by CharleneFerrell 

How do I know if I have the full birth certificate? I think it is, it has my parents on it etc. But they are extracts only not the originals. Did you all have to get them translated before you go too? Cheers, Charlene x

Hi Charlene, the full birth certificate will have all your parents details on it apparently;  Here is some info that i found

A short birth certificate only shows the name, date of birth, sex and registration district. A full birth certificate is a copy of the entry in the register, and includes everything shown on a short certificate, but also includes parents' details and the child's place of birth.

Hope this helps as all the legal stuff is so confusing.  Has anyone been told that they need to get their b/c translated into Spanish before we leave??

I will check with the Moon Palace as im sure they offer the translation :)

#328 Ladystardust

Ladystardust
                • 79 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by leighleigh77 

Thanks lady stardust I did find that page but thought I'd check here first to make sure. Thanks for the tip about full birth certs I think I only have small one so gives me time to get those too. I love this site :)

No problem, the UK stuff is a nightmare lol.

When you order your b/cert from the GRO its £9.25 and can take a month to arrive :)

#329 leighleigh77

leighleigh77
                  • 18 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

Thanks again been busy googling to get copies ;)

#330 CharleneFerrell

CharleneFerrell
                    • 37 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

I was contacted by Hayes & Jarvis and they've now said that the Moon Palace require you to legalise & translate the birth certificates before we go now...totally changed from when I booked last year...think costs have gone up in resort too! That's y I was thinking of legally getting married here first (under the radar) on the Friday (we leave on the Monday) and having a symbolic ceremony in Mexico (no blood tests either this way) and you can make your own vows etc but my FI doesn't want to...boo hoo x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users