Jump to content

Photo

Newbie, Moon Palace 2013


  • Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

#271 shan0487

shan0487
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,393 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

I believe you have to buy them a day pass for the day

Originally Posted by BellaWright 

Are any brides considering using an outside vendor for hair and make up? I saw good things about MVP hair and makeup, but am hoping an outside vendor fee won't apply! Thanks!



#272 BellaWright

BellaWright
  • Site Supporter
  • 40 posts

    Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

    Thank you Shano487! My WC says they are no longer allowed because of electrical problems... not sure if it is worth pushing it with this :( 



    #273 shan0487

    shan0487
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,393 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

    Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

    Always changing their minds..sounds about right.  If it's important to you wait until you are 90 days out and ask your onsite wedding coordinator or maybe another bride on here has asked and has gotten a different answer! Good luck! :)

    Originally Posted by BellaWright 

    Thank you Shano487! My WC says they are no longer allowed because of electrical problems... not sure if it is worth pushing it with this :( 



    #274 BellaWright

    BellaWright
    • Site Supporter
    • 40 posts

      Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

      Originally Posted by shan0487 

      Always changing their minds..sounds about right.  If it's important to you wait until you are 90 days out and ask your onsite wedding coordinator or maybe another bride on here has asked and has gotten a different answer! Good luck! :)

      Thank you Shan, I will try that approach! For now trying to see the silver lining and telling myself this will save me money, haha! 



      #275 stefn1218

      stefn1218
      • Newbie
      • 89 posts

        Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

        Does anyone know how big the complimentary round tables are for the private events? 72x72?

         

        Thanks!



        #276 Amandadawn

        Amandadawn
        • Site Supporter
        • 3 posts

          Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

          I have a travel agent handling my booking, but there are several of my guests who are members.  At the  end of the day it looks like I am going to have 4 rooms with a total of 9 people who are booked outside of my group but all staying at the resort. 

           

          I was told that these rooms would not count towards my room or room night count AND that I would be charged a fee of $50 per person for each private function for anyone booked outside of the group.  I am not sure if my travel agent was simply trying to scare me into making everyone book through her.  I do not think I will need those 4 rooms to meet the 75 night level - just don't want to pay an extra fee for 9 people at multiple events!!  Does anyone have any experience with this?

           

          I am a little afraid to ask my onsite coordinator now.  I am thinking it might be better to just show up with the extra people... thoughts?



          #277 taralouise

          taralouise
          • Newbie
          • 19 posts

            Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

            Hi everyone we are getting married at the moon palace 23rd of October,we booked 18months in advance and have had our wedding since June 2012. Can't wait :-) xx

            #278 TammyWright

            TammyWright

              Admin & Owner

            • Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

            Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

            Your agent is actually correct.  If your guests do not book through the group block they are not counted for the free amenities (including free events) and will get charged per head for set up, seats, etc.

             

            Also, you may want to give your WC a heads up because if they find out by doing a head count, not only would that be awkward with the WC but what if there are not enough charges, table settings, etc.?

            Originally Posted by Amandadawn 

            I have a travel agent handling my booking, but there are several of my guests who are members.  At the  end of the day it looks like I am going to have 4 rooms with a total of 9 people who are booked outside of my group but all staying at the resort. 

             

            I was told that these rooms would not count towards my room or room night count AND that I would be charged a fee of $50 per person for each private function for anyone booked outside of the group.  I am not sure if my travel agent was simply trying to scare me into making everyone book through her.  I do not think I will need those 4 rooms to meet the 75 night level - just don't want to pay an extra fee for 9 people at multiple events!!  Does anyone have any experience with this?

             

            I am a little afraid to ask my onsite coordinator now.  I am thinking it might be better to just show up with the extra people... thoughts?


            Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

             
            Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
             
            Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


            #279 jackie44

            jackie44
            • Newbie
            • 54 posts

              Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

              Originally Posted by MrsJSimms13 

              Thank you so much for posting this price list.  I made my hair appointments last month.

               

              Are you getting your makeup done by moon palace?

              i just got married in feb and i would advise anyone to get their make up done by moon palace ..idid and it was perfect and lasted all day they are excellent !!!



              #280 BellaWright

              BellaWright
              • Site Supporter
              • 40 posts

                Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

                Hi Ladies!

                 

                I am getting married at MP August 3, 2013. Will any of you also be getting married around then? 

                 

                Has anyone heard anything about the live saxophone song options? I can't seem to get any information but want to narrow down our ceremony song choices with FI. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

                 

                 

                *This is a repost from a different thread so apologies if you are on there also but I want to make sure I don't miss out on good information!






                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users