Jump to content

Photo

Newbie, Moon Palace 2013


  • Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

#241 Lorena B

Lorena B
  • Newbie
  • 26 posts

    Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

    I can't believe the time has finally here we are packing and getting ready to leave on Sunday. Once I return I will post a review to help those whose wedding is coming up. I know it help me while I was researching!

     

    happy planning!



    #242 S - H

    S - H
    • Newbie
    • 37 posts

      Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

      Happy Wedding! Hope you have an amazing time.

      #243 stefn1218

      stefn1218
      • Newbie
      • 89 posts

        Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

        I'm not sure where everyone is with their planning but I just heard from the contact at the Spa and she gave me a pricing list. I know most people don't have attachment rights, so here are a few of the services: 

         

         

        HAIR STYLE (80 MIN.) price $ 99 usd
        MAKE UP (50 MIN.) price $ 72 usd
        MAKE UP TRIAL (50 MIN.) price $ 72 usd
        HAIRSET TRIAL (80 MIN) price $ 109 usd
        SHAMPOO & BLOW DRY (50 MIN.) price $ 56 usd RELAXING SCALP TREATMENT (25 MIN.) price $ 36 use 

         

        PALACE MANICURE (25 MIN)

        price $ 33 us

        A complete manicure applied with a relaxing hand massage and followed by nail polish or the nail base coat of your choice.
        PALACE PEDICURE (25 MIN.)
        price $ 38 usd

        A complete pedicure with a relaxing aromatic footbath, followed by a nail polish or the nail base coat of your choice.
        DE LUXE SPA MANICURE (50 MIN.)
        price $ 63 usd

        Your hands can reveal your age more than any other part of the body. Keep them looking and feeling young and silky smooth with this intensive program.
        DE LUXE SPA PEDICURE (50 MIN.)
        price $ 69 usd

        The products that we use in our DELUXE SPA pedicure contain a variety of relaxing natural elements from the ocean. Quartz crystals, marine extracts and mineral salts do more than just exfoliate, they nourish and smooth the feet.
        HOT STONE PEDICURE (80 MIN.)

        price $ 99 usd

        During this wonderfully therapeutic treatment, natural stones become an extension of the therapist hands, delivering relief to weary legs and feet. 

         

         

        Package to the bride on her wedding day! (230 mins.)

        $381 usd

        *Holistic massage 50 minutes *Palace manicure 25 minutes *Palace pedicure 25 minutes
        * bridal hairstyle 80 minutes * bridal make up 50 minutes 
        (not necesary to do all the services on the same day

         

         

        You can use your resort credits for these, but only up to 20% of your room's total credits. So if you have $1,500 resort credits, you have $300 dollars worth to spend at the spa; $2,000 resort credits = $400.  (remember if you are in the concierge room both people staying in it get a free 20 min massage that does not count against the spa limit)

         

        You can make reservations by contacting: Karla Lyliana Estrada Calvo <kestrada@leblancsparesort.com> 

         

        It is suggested you make appointments up to two months early, but I am one month out and availability doesn't seem to be an issue. You MUST cancel any appointments a week out, however, if your plans change.

         

        Hope this helps some girls out! I'm finally starting to get a lot of detailed information, so if people have questions, just ask.



        #244 stefn1218

        stefn1218
        • Newbie
        • 89 posts

          Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

          Congrats and have a great time! Can't wait for your review :)



          #245 stefn1218

          stefn1218
          • Newbie
          • 89 posts

            Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

            I found this English/Spanish Guide PDF that I'm going to include in my OOT Bags: http://www.livinglan...anish_ToGo.pdf 

             

            Can you guys tell I've been stuck inside from our snow storm in Denver?



            #246 shan0487

            shan0487
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,393 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

            Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:22 AM

            Stef-

             

            I ordered my bows and runners from efavormart.com when they were running a sale.  I got the orange organza ones.  They worked out great- I don't think it matters if someone "eats" on the runner vs eating on the tablecloth- same thing.  And yes there are chair bows on the chairs- I enough for every other chair- I thought every chair was a little too much.

             

            Karla is who I used at the spa- she's great- I contacted her like 5 months before the wedding- she told me I had to wait til 2 months before to make my appointments and she ended up booking all 10 of us about 3 or 4 months out! :)



            #247 dzaccaria

            dzaccaria
            • Newbie
            • 148 posts

              Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

              Originally Posted by shan0487 

              Stef-

               

              I ordered my bows and runners from efavormart.com when they were running a sale.  I got the orange organza ones.  They worked out great- I don't think it matters if someone "eats" on the runner vs eating on the tablecloth- same thing.  And yes there are chair bows on the chairs- I enough for every other chair- I thought every chair was a little too much.

               

              Karla is who I used at the spa- she's great- I contacted her like 5 months before the wedding- she told me I had to wait til 2 months before to make my appointments and she ended up booking all 10 of us about 3 or 4 months out! :)

              Hi Shan! Can you give me like a timeframe of how your wedding day went before your ceremony? For instance, what time did you make the hair appts for? And what time was your ceremony??? I need to book appts at the salon and want to give myself and my girls plenty of time to get ready!



              #248 shan0487

              shan0487
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,393 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
              • LocationSt Louis, MO

              Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

              Hi!! I def can:

               

              Here was my timeline- my wedding was at 4pm because I got married in November and the sun sets early.

               

              There were 10 people getting their hair done- so the golf course spa has 5 hair stylists:

              All 10 of us met in the lobby at 8:30 to catch the shuttle to the golf course. They allow for 80 min appt times but no one took more than 50 min.

              9am- 5 girls hair appt

              10:30- other 5 girls.

               

              We were all done and ready to go before noon.  We actually got married at Sun Palace so we caught the noon shuttle from MP to Sun Palace so we got checked into our room around 12:30 and had until about 2 to get our make-up done (we all did our own/ my MOH did mine) Then we had our first look around 2 (I think it ended up being a little later as everything never goes as according to planned) and then we took wedding party pictures til about 3:45 and started the ceremony at 4. 

               

              What time is your ceremony?  I would def recommend getting your hair done early and then you can relax and have lunch- otherwise you might run out of time and have to cut things like pictures short (we did not but I have heard of plenty of brides having to do that). 

               

              Quote:

              Originally Posted by dzaccaria 

              Hi Shan! Can you give me like a timeframe of how your wedding day went before your ceremony? For instance, what time did you make the hair appts for? And what time was your ceremony??? I need to book appts at the salon and want to give myself and my girls plenty of time to get ready!



              #249 dzaccaria

              dzaccaria
              • Newbie
              • 148 posts

                Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

                My ceremony is at 4pm as well! Although I just learned last night that my friend who is doing my hair for the wedding is also going to do all of my bridesmaids hair as well (only 3 of them so it shouldnt be too bad!) but I just wanted an idea of what time we should begin!!

                 

                Also, did you have any kids at your wedding? For some reason I thought I remember seeing somewhere that there was a special room rate for a kid staying in a hotel but my travel agent said there wasnt so my 12 year old niece is now being charged the same rate as all of us adults. Do you know if that is correct???

                Originally Posted by shan0487 

                Hi!! I def can:

                 

                Here was my timeline- my wedding was at 4pm because I got married in November and the sun sets early.

                 

                There were 10 people getting their hair done- so the golf course spa has 5 hair stylists:

                All 10 of us met in the lobby at 8:30 to catch the shuttle to the golf course. They allow for 80 min appt times but no one took more than 50 min.

                9am- 5 girls hair appt

                10:30- other 5 girls.

                 

                We were all done and ready to go before noon.  We actually got married at Sun Palace so we caught the noon shuttle from MP to Sun Palace so we got checked into our room around 12:30 and had until about 2 to get our make-up done (we all did our own/ my MOH did mine) Then we had our first look around 2 (I think it ended up being a little later as everything never goes as according to planned) and then we took wedding party pictures til about 3:45 and started the ceremony at 4. 

                 

                What time is your ceremony?  I would def recommend getting your hair done early and then you can relax and have lunch- otherwise you might run out of time and have to cut things like pictures short (we did not but I have heard of plenty of brides having to do that). 



                #250 shan0487

                shan0487
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,393 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                • LocationSt Louis, MO

                Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

                Well just 4 of you shouldn't be bad then- I would allow 80 min for each person just in case- it's better to allow for extra time than be crunched for time!

                 

                I did not have anyone under the age 21 at my wedding- so I can't be of help there- sorry!

                Originally Posted by dzaccaria 

                My ceremony is at 4pm as well! Although I just learned last night that my friend who is doing my hair for the wedding is also going to do all of my bridesmaids hair as well (only 3 of them so it shouldnt be too bad!) but I just wanted an idea of what time we should begin!!

                 

                Also, did you have any kids at your wedding? For some reason I thought I remember seeing somewhere that there was a special room rate for a kid staying in a hotel but my travel agent said there wasnt so my 12 year old niece is now being charged the same rate as all of us adults. Do you know if that is correct???






                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users