Newbie, Moon Palace 2013

I would suggest bringing your own music.  I was never given an option but you want your music to be personalized to you and your husband! :)

Originally Posted by rockerchic View Post

Hi, my wedding coordinator at moon palace has asked if we want to use the music cd they pre-made or do we want to put music together. Does anyone know what their music is? What do you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

I would suggest bringing your own music.  I was never given an option but you want your music to be personalized to you and your husband! :)

although i'm having mine at sandals in jamaica. I'm bringing my own music

Hello Ladies, Have any of you gotten married at home and then had the symbolic ceremony at Moon Palace? We really don't want to offend our families by pulling a bait and switch, but would like to avoid the extra cost and paperwork of getting legally married at the MP. Will they be able to tell that the ceremony is symbolic?

Hello ladies! 

My fiance and I got engaged back in April and from the beginning, we knew we wanted to have a destination wedding! I'm so glad to have found BDW and have spent hours browsing thru the forums and reading reviews! We started out wanting to have our destination wedding in Punta Cana b/c of the beautiful beaches there, but now we're looking at Riviera Maya since it seems like it would be a more cost effective option for our guests, and having more to do in the area outside the resort is also a plus.

After tons of research, we've narrowed it down to a few resorts, with Moon Palace and Azul Sensatori being at the top of the list. It seems like all the brides have nothing but good things to say about their experiences at these resorts! I love everything about Moon Palace, in terms of the resort itself, amenities, the feedback from other brides and travelers, etc.

However, I'd say my only concern are the beaches at both of these resorts - that it's rocky, with lots of seaweed, and the water isn't as blue. Maybe I'm making too big of a deal out of something small, but I feel like the whole point of having a beach wedding is to have beautiful clear blue waters in the pictures! My fiance has a huge family and they're all going, so this would be like a big family vacation for them, and with a lot of them having never been to the caribbean, he wants to show them beautiful beaches as well.

Have anyone else experienced this and has it been a problem? Are there other beaches nearby within walking distance for pictures?

Any feedback would be helpful! We want to book a place soon, as we're aiming for a June 2014 wedding and a lot of the dates are already getting booked up!

Thanks in advance! 

Hey Stacy!!

In addition to all the info I've given you- just let it be known that Moon is on is own secluded area and there is not another resort for miles away..but as I mentioned in my PM - you can visit any of the other palace resorts for the day on their free shuttle bus and get the pretty beach and pretty blue water that Sun and Beach palace will offer! :)   The seaweed was hardly noticable when I was there in Nov but I'm not sure how it would be in June!

Originally Posted by smilenstacy View Post

Hello ladies! 

My fiance and I got engaged back in April and from the beginning, we knew we wanted to have a destination wedding! I'm so glad to have found BDW and have spent hours browsing thru the forums and reading reviews! We started out wanting to have our destination wedding in Punta Cana b/c of the beautiful beaches there, but now we're looking at Riviera Maya since it seems like it would be a more cost effective option for our guests, and having more to do in the area outside the resort is also a plus.

After tons of research, we've narrowed it down to a few resorts, with Moon Palace and Azul Sensatori being at the top of the list. It seems like all the brides have nothing but good things to say about their experiences at these resorts! I love everything about Moon Palace, in terms of the resort itself, amenities, the feedback from other brides and travelers, etc.

However, I'd say my only concern are the beaches at both of these resorts - that it's rocky, with lots of seaweed, and the water isn't as blue. Maybe I'm making too big of a deal out of something small, but I feel like the whole point of having a beach wedding is to have beautiful clear blue waters in the pictures! My fiance has a huge family and they're all going, so this would be like a big family vacation for them, and with a lot of them having never been to the caribbean, he wants to show them beautiful beaches as well.

Have anyone else experienced this and has it been a problem? Are there other beaches nearby within walking distance for pictures?

Any feedback would be helpful! We want to book a place soon, as we're aiming for a June 2014 wedding and a lot of the dates are already getting booked up!

Thanks in advance! 

Thanks Shanna! I can't thank you enough for the tremendous help you've been so far! =)

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

Hey Stacy!!

In addition to all the info I've given you- just let it be known that Moon is on is own secluded area and there is not another resort for miles away..but as I mentioned in my PM - you can visit any of the other palace resorts for the day on their free shuttle bus and get the pretty beach and pretty blue water that Sun and Beach palace will offer! :)   The seaweed was hardly noticable when I was there in Nov but I'm not sure how it would be in June!

Originally Posted by smilenstacy View Post

Hello ladies! 

Thanks in advance! 

Hi Stacy! I was just there at the end of May through the beginning week of June. Here are some pictures of the seaweed that everyone is referring to:

I honestly thought I would be SO mad about the seaweed but it didn't bother us one bit!!! This may be because we live in New England and ALL of our beaches have seaweed lol But I still thought our pictures came out fabulous and would highly recommend having a wedding at Moon!

Thanks for feedback dzaccaria! The pics look amazing! The water is such a beautiful turquoise in the last pic! I'm hoping to have our guests stay at Moon and have the wedding at Beach, but we'll see how that goes! 

Originally Posted by dzaccaria View Post

Hi Stacy! I was just there at the end of May through the beginning week of June. Here are some pictures of the seaweed that everyone is referring to:

I honestly thought I would be SO mad about the seaweed but it didn't bother us one bit!!! This may be because we live in New England and ALL of our beaches have seaweed lol But I still thought our pictures came out fabulous and would highly recommend having a wedding at Moon!

• 2 weeks later...