Newbie, Moon Palace 2013

So what are everyone's colors? I love looking at the different combinations and still can't choose! I'm leaving towards navy and coral.
It's hard to pick! My colors are blue and turquoise. :) the navy and coral is extremely cute!

Hello ladies, My countdown begins, we are leaving in less than a month for our June 20th wedding! I'm nervous but super excited at the same time. Will anyone else be at moon palace around that time? We arrive Saturday June 15th and leave the following Saturday. I haven't posted much on here, mainly spoke with some of you thru PM, but I just wanted to say thank you all for the wealth of knowledge you have posted on here!!! It's very helpful and some of the info on here has even saved me money!!! So thank you lovely ladies! -:DVanessa

Hello ladies, My countdown begins, we are leaving in less than a month for our June 20th wedding! I'm nervous but super excited at the same time. Will anyone else be at moon palace around that time? We arrive Saturday June 15th and leave the following Saturday. I haven't posted much on here, mainly spoke with some of you thru PM, but I just wanted to say thank you all for the wealth of knowledge you have posted on here!!! It's very helpful and some of the info on here has even saved me money!!! So thank you lovely ladies! -:DVanessa
Ahh! So excited, congrats and have fun! I am getting married on June 20th as well, but next year! ;) such a great date! Will you post a review after your wedding about the weather? (The heat is one of my biggest worries since it is June 20th) and if you can give any insight for the process or if translating documents is hard to do(the pre-wedding duties!)

Ahh! So excited, congrats and have fun! I am getting married on June 20th as well, but next year! ;) such a great date! Will you post a review after your wedding about the weather? (The heat is one of my biggest worries since it is June 20th) and if you can give any insight for the process or if translating documents is hard to do(the pre-wedding duties!)
Hello :) congratulations to you as well! I noticed your date and I got excited thinking another bride would be there but then saw it was for next year! But of course I will definitely let you know about the weather. That is my biggest concern also. Majority of my family and his family are big time sweaters and I don't want us to look horrible in pictures, so the first thing I did was request the latest ceremony time- in hopes of it not being too hot at that time. Plus we are doing fireworks for our first dance as husband and wife so we needed the sun to be down by reception time. I've been googling weather and the time the sun sets there at that time of year. So our schedule for that day is ceremony at 6, Cocktail hr 7, and reception at 8! I'm hoping for a nice breeze at night. I ordered fans for the ladies, hopefully that will help some. We are doing the symbolic ceremony so I don't think we need any translating or paperwork really. But anything else you need to know I'm happy to help with.

Hi

Hi Ladies Soooo I'm in a bit of a dilemma, my other half has just watched a couple of You tube weddings at the Moon and he's really concerned now about getting married on the beach (now he says).  This is mainly because we will only have a very small group at our wedding as it's so expensive to fly from the UK.  T(here's not really an option for a short 4 day trip).  He thinks it will look dumb with just the small group of 10 or so we will have.  To all the brides that have been there or if you made a site visit is there somewhere other than the beach or where they hold the Catholic ceremonies that they hold weddings.....  Starting to panic a little bit.   I've not booked yet due to his need to google every site and find out everything before we do...  He's becoming groomzilla very quickly. Any suggestions I would appreciate it..  A desperate MP bride to be :msncry: [/quot Hi there is just four of us travelling (me, h2b and our two little girls) I am desperate to marry on the beach as this is my dream, would be great if anyone had pics of a small beach wedding. X

Originally Posted by AmayaMeister2Be View Post

Hello :) congratulations to you as well! I noticed your date and I got excited thinking another bride would be there but then saw it was for next year! But of course I will definitely let you know about the weather. That is my biggest concern also. Majority of my family and his family are big time sweaters and I don't want us to look horrible in pictures, so the first thing I did was request the latest ceremony time- in hopes of it not being too hot at that time. Plus we are doing fireworks for our first dance as husband and wife so we needed the sun to be down by reception time. I've been googling weather and the time the sun sets there at that time of year. So our schedule for that day is ceremony at 6, Cocktail hr 7, and reception at 8! I'm hoping for a nice breeze at night. I ordered fans for the ladies, hopefully that will help some. We are doing the symbolic ceremony so I don't think we need any translating or paperwork really. But anything else you need to know I'm happy to help with.

We are planning on doing a symbolic ceremony as well. I was hesitant to do this but it seems as though it will save a lot of hassle and money. Are you getting married legally right before you leave? Just the two of you? My FI's mother is asking if she can come. I want it to be very private as it would defeat the purpose of a symbolic if I let all these people be at the legal one.

We are planning on doing a symbolic ceremony as well. I was hesitant to do this but it seems as though it will save a lot of hassle and money. Are you getting married legally right before you leave? Just the two of you? My FI's mother is asking if she can come. I want it to be very private as it would defeat the purpose of a symbolic if I let all these people be at the legal one.
Sounds like we have the same type of mother-in-law.....and you and I are on same page. They keep asking when we are getting married in town so we can celebrate, but we honestly haven't picked a date. We just want to go do it on our time- alone, because like you said then it would be like our ceremony in cancun was for nothing. I felt the same in the beginning that I wanted the legal ceremony but we both are happy we are doing it this way. My sister got married in Vegas a few years back and they had to arrive a day or 2 earlier in Las Vegas and got married at the courthouse their before they did their ceremony at the hotel, so I guess it's pretty much the same in our case. Good luck Vanessa

I'm glad to know somebody is in the same boat! Are you going to celebrate your Cancun date as your actual anniversary? Our ceremony is set for 6 PM too. I can't wait to hear how that goes for you all! What section of MP are you staying in?Are you guys having a private reception or a reserved section in a restaurant? I don't want to spend much extra money on reception type things since we are having one when we come home.