Newbie, Moon Palace 2013

Hi Ladies,

So i understand the Miami office is no longer handling the wedding planning. I used to have Janessa as my contact but now her email no longer exists. They say that someone should be in touch with us soon but I have heard anything. Just wondering if anyone has been contacted by the resort itself yet? I am a Beach Palace bride but assuming you would be dealing with the same thing..

Hey As its a man made beach yeah it can be messy if it's been rather windy, we got professional photos taken while we were in the water. Our room looked on to the beach where all the weddings took place. The hotel staff cleaned the seaweed away. The sea changed colour depending on the weather and the wind but it was stunning... FYI I received a letter from our agent confirming the Resort credits however the Mexican government are now making you pay tax on the credits befor you leave... Depending on how much you have spent... I have had no dealings with the planners at mp and it's only 9 months before my wedding :(. Hope this helps Claire xx

Hi Everyone!  We are getting married at Moon Palace on June 22, 2013! We are definitely excited! I just called the Palace Resorts Wedding department and I was informed that the Miami Office is closed at all planning will be done directly with the Cancun Office. Bargia is who I spoke with and she stated that they will be sending more information to me either at the end of the month or early August. She sounded very reassuring and answered all questions I had. We will be doing the complimentary package and adding on what we like.  Happy Planning everyone!

Hello all,

I am so happy to have you guys along for the ride in my planning process. My finaces sister found this resort for me and I am totally in love ( I have never been there) . Right now we have set the date. I called today for availability and then are sending me a request form through email to book the date. We plan on getting married JUly 20, 2013!! YAY!!!

We meet with our travel agent (apple vacations) this Thursday. She quoted us 2850 for a couple for 7 night stay. Which is 1425 a person . Which is 203 a night all inclusive . I was very pleased with the pricing. This is also a direct flight. I am not sure how it works though . I am not sure if we get any specials (resort credits..etc) along with this pricing? I will find out Thursday.

I really love the new wedding packages, however, there are a few things that I do not want . Ex: Firework display, soloist.. So i Guess I will doing the compliemtary package and adding on. I asked them for pricing so I could start my budget and they said it was not available. Check back in September. I was a little upset!! I need to start budgeting. That is something that needs changed ASAP.

I saw that you could use resort credits for wedding ? Wonder how  that works?

Good luck everyone !!

Hey all,

We're flying out from Glasgow to cancun on 23rd September also but on the Thomson flight & have our wedding date confirmed for Friday 27th September 2013 :) we booked with Hayes & Jarvis (Thomson Specislist) and we got out date confirmed within 2 weeks & got our wedding pack thru very soon after!

So far we have 16 guests staying for 14 nights...does anyone have a direct contact or more info they could send me as I just have the extras we can add on. Love to know more info re actual ceremony locations, group benefits, what we can spend $credits on etc...

We're so excited!!

Ps my email addy is charleneferrell@live.co.uk

I am a travel agent too so I'll let you all know as much info as poss if I find out stuff :)

Charlene xxx

Hi my name is Frances and my fiance and i have decided to get married in 2014. I recently have talked to a travel agent and although their is still a lot of time, i want to be ahead of the game. I have decided to go with palace resorts, just not sure if i should go with Moon Palace or another Palace resort? What made you all choose Moon Palace? I have never been out there and my fiance and I plan on taking a trip next year, did any of you all do that our did you just do everything over the phone and computer? Also what are you all doing about receptions, are you all having a private reception? I would really like to do have dancing, etc. but I'm not sure if its extremely expensive. My last question, do you all have a wedding website? I'm thinking of starting one with wedding wire since its free. Sorry for all of the questions, but i just want the wedding to be great and a fun time for all our guests.

Frances Elizondo

Hi lovely ladies, my name is Vanessa and I must say it is good to be amongst fellow MP 2013 brides to be. I recently joined this sight in hopes of making a decision for our destination wedding. We having been debating between Wynn Las Vegas and Cancun's MP, however after soaking in much needed info, my fiancé and I set a date and decided the MP was the right fit for our special day! I sent an email to the palace Saturday so am hoping to get this planning going as soon as I hear back with hopefully a confirmation on our date! I have been reading all the helpful posts from 2012 brides and brides-to-be ( which is how we came to our decision- so thank you ladies for steering us in the right direction) however I'm glad to have found the 2013 threads, it is nice to be in the same boat with y'all. I'm excited to listen and share with you all. Oh and I must say thank you to Lauren (2013 bride) and Sarah (2012 bride) for being so friendly and emailing extremely helpful info ;) I do have one question for you all, which I will also be asking a MP representative when I get in touch with one......has anyone had or seen the fireworks display that they offer? I would really love to have fireworks after our ceremony, but only if they are worth the 500 someodd dollars they cost!! Good luck to all ;)

Hi lovely ladies, my name is Vanessa and I must say it is good to be amongst fellow MP 2013 brides to be. I recently joined this sight in hopes of making a decision for our destination wedding. We having been debating between Wynn Las Vegas and Cancun's MP, however after soaking in much needed info, my fiancé and I set a date and decided the MP was the right fit for our special day! I sent an email to the palace Saturday so am hoping to get this planning going as soon as I hear back with hopefully a confirmation on our date! I have been reading all the helpful posts from 2012 brides and brides-to-be ( which is how we came to our decision- so thank you ladies for steering us in the right direction) however I'm glad to have found the 2013 threads, it is nice to be in the same boat with y'all. I'm excited to listen and share with you all. Oh and I must say thank you to Lauren (2013 bride) and Sarah (2012 bride) for being so friendly and emailing extremely helpful info ;) I do have one question for you all, which I will also be asking a MP representative when I get in touch with one......has anyone had or seen the fireworks display that they offer? I would really love to have fireworks after our ceremony, but only if they are worth the 500 someodd dollars they cost!! Good luck to all ;)