Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KaraMae

Vintage Destination Wedding Inspiration (With Pictures!)

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by KaraMae View Post

 

Did any of you "coral" girls have a hard time finding coral bridesmaid dresses? And also, what wedding dress are you wearing? I'd love to see pictures! The one I like is the Allure C143 but I'd make it more of a mermaid than an A line. :)

 

Dont have my dress yet but the one i absolutely love and have to try on is the one on my style board. Its Aiden by Maggie Sottero. My girls are wearing dark purple with ivory and coral flowers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not shopping for my wedding dress until summer, but I am looking almost exclusively at short or tea-length styles. I was pretty torn, but that is FI's request, and the more pics I look at featuring that style, the more I like it.

I have just looked online for coral dresses, and briefly in stores. I only have one bm and one moh. I really want to get their dresses just in a regular store or online to save some cash (I am buying them). It is hard to find actual coral though... things seem to be too pink or too orange. Just have to keep looking though - I have time!

It does seem to be a hot colour this year though, so hopefully that helps.

 

 

Originally Posted by KaraMae View Post

Did any of you "coral" girls have a hard time finding coral bridesmaid dresses? And also, what wedding dress are you wearing? I'd love to see pictures! The one I like is the Allure C143 but I'd make it more of a mermaid than an A line. :)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a coral bride...but I'm doing orange and fuschia...  I wanted orange dresses, but a tropical mango color orange...I had a hard time finding something I liked so I ended up going with fuschia.

 

My dress is an Allure too.  I went with Allure C175...I posted a pic in the beginning of this thread...I love it...  Here is a more recent pic of the look I'm going for... this is from my first fitting...I still need the alterations to be done...

 

 fitting2.jpgfitting1.jpg

 

IMG_3779.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also thinking of finding some vintage handkerchiefs and embroidering them myself with first names for my bms, and with "mom" and "dad" for them. Maybe one for FMIL too? I do not think FI or his dad or best man would like one though. But I can just imagine my sister dabbing at her eyes a little... :) Very vintage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Dazeydawl View Post

 

Dont have my dress yet but the one i absolutely love and have to try on is the one on my style board. Its Aiden by Maggie Sottero. My girls are wearing dark purple with ivory and coral flowers

 

That dress is beautiful! And your BM's dress is exactly what I'm looking for, but coral and short. How did you make your style board?

 

Peach you're right. Coral is getting VERY popular. I'm sure there will be more options this summer! And I love, love, love your hankie idea. I might steal that!

 

Venus, you're dress is GORGEOUS! Looks fabulous on you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by KaraMae View Post

 

 

That dress is beautiful! And your BM's dress is exactly what I'm looking for, but coral and short. How did you make your style board?

 

Peach you're right. Coral is getting VERY popular. I'm sure there will be more options this summer! And I love, love, love your hankie idea. I might steal that!

 

Venus, you're dress is GORGEOUS! Looks fabulous on you!

Kara Mae... I made my style board on the dessy website.. that is where i found that bridesmaid dress, they have tons of styles and colors im sure you could find just what your looking for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by KaraMae View Post

 

 

That dress is beautiful! And your BM's dress is exactly what I'm looking for, but coral and short. How did you make your style board?

 

Peach you're right. Coral is getting VERY popular. I'm sure there will be more options this summer! And I love, love, love your hankie idea. I might steal that!

 

Venus, you're dress is GORGEOUS! Looks fabulous on you!

this might not be the shade of coral you want, a bit too pink perhaps

 

coral.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×