Sign in to follow this  
PrecisePlans

My Riu Ocho Rios Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by md_ocr View Post
chicago, how many guests are you having. I'm still trying to figure out the way the plated dinner works. Is something already included in the "free" package or do I have to pay per person for each plate?
Hey! I'm having between 65-85 guests. I'm having my dinner at the Plantation and they offer an "included" menu, which is no extra charge per guest. But you do need to pay $250 per hour to have dinner there.

Lizz, what about people that are not staying at the resort but are attending the wedding and are purchasing a $50 day pass. If I went with a different menu where you have to pay per person, would their plate already be covered by the $50 entry fee, or would I have to pay separate for them?

What is in the included dinner option. I thought that I saw it on here before, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks!!!

Quote:
Lizz, what about people that are not staying at the resort but are attending the wedding and are purchasing a $50 day pass. If I went with a different menu where you have to pay per person, would their plate already be covered by the $50 entry fee, or would I have to pay separate for them?

What is in the included dinner option. I thought that I saw it on here before, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks!!!
Here is the included menu. To be honest, it doesn't really look all that different from the menus that cost $25-35 per person. I have no idea how they work out what guests pay if they have day passes, you should definitely check with Chandlyn on that.

Restaurant Plantation

Starters from the buffet:

Assorted Simple salad , Assorted salads
Tuna salad, beef salad, beef salpicon, squid salad
Soup

Asparagus Cream

Main courses a la carte

Seafood Combination

Snapper filet with jumbo shrimps, squid and musels

Served with rice, vegetables and burre blanc sauce

Stuffed Jumbo Shrimps

With cream cheese and wrapped with bacon flambe with tequila

Served with rice, stuffed potatoes and grilled vegetables

Beef Stripe loin in red wine sauce

Grill Chicken breast

in mushrooms curry sauce

Served with rice, stuffed potatoes and vegetables

Desserts and bread bar

Assorted pastries, cream and tart, seasonal fresh fruits

Ice cream and a selection of bread and rolls

Drinks
Mineral Water

Soft drinks

Beer

Red, White or white Wine

Otra experiencia laboral

Coffee.

I'm getting married May 9 @ 4pm. While I live in VA now I'm originally from CA and most of my family will be flying out of LA so some of our guest may be on the same flights. Sounds like you are a lot further in the planning phase than I am and you have some great ideas. I'll have to chat with you when I finally get my but in gear.

Quote:

I am pretty sure you need to pay additional for every person eating for the upgraded menu even though they paid $50.00 for a day pass. The menu that is included is pretty good for free. I looked at paying extra per person for an upgraded menu and for open bar but I have 65 guests booked so far, We can't afford to pay for upgrades. There is also dancing available in the plantation if you were looking for another option instead of renting the disco.

Well, so far I have 32 people booked but I think I will have at least 50. The menu included in renting out the plantation sounds pretty good - I'm going with that. If you want open bar you do need to pay an extra $10/person - FYI. The menu only includes wine and pop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago88 View Post
Well, so far I have 32 people booked but I think I will have at least 50. The menu included in renting out the plantation sounds pretty good - I'm going with that. If you want open bar you do need to pay an extra $10/person - FYI. The menu only includes wine and pop.
I have 65+ people and I'm using the included menu and paying $10 per person for open bar. But I noticed on the menu that Chandlyn sent me, that drinks included wine AND beer. Does anyone know for sure if this is correct? I am going to pay the extra, but if your guests aren't big on mixed drinks, that could save you some money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz View Post
Here is the included menu. To be honest, it doesn't really look all that different from the menus that cost $25-35 per person. I have no idea how they work out what guests pay if they have day passes, you should definitely check with Chandlyn on that.

Restaurant Plantation

Starters from the buffet:

Assorted Simple salad , Assorted salads
Tuna salad, beef salad, beef salpicon, squid salad
Soup

Asparagus Cream

Main courses a la carte

Seafood Combination

Snapper filet with jumbo shrimps, squid and musels

Served with rice, vegetables and burre blanc sauce

Stuffed Jumbo Shrimps

With cream cheese and wrapped with bacon flambe with tequila

Beef Stripe loin in red wine sauce

Grill Chicken breast

in mushrooms curry sauce

Served with rice, stuffed potatoes and vegetables

Desserts and bread bar

Assorted pastries, cream and tart, seasonal fresh fruits

Ice cream and a selection of bread and rolls

Drinks
Mineral Water

Soft drinks

Beer

Red, White or white Wine

Otra experiencia laboral

Coffee.

Lizz, this menu doesn't look or sound that bad. This may work for us!!!smile03.gif

Will all of these be served or printed on the menu's or do you have to choose 1 selection for the entire group??