Photo

Riu Cake Options

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
  • 802 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:18 PM

Hi ladies.......new to posting, but not new to the forum. You guys have been great and have so much information. Quick question......do you have cake tastings / sampling with Chandlyn prior to making a selection or is there only one choice. I've heard bad things about their cake and I want to know if we would be allowed to bring in a cake from an outside vendor.

If so, can you all recommend any good bakeries in the ochi area? Thanks so much!!

#2 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
    • 802 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:31 PM

That worries me because i've heard different things about how awful the cakes are at Riu. Does future bakery have a website. I tried to google them but nothing came up. Thanks Mo!

#3 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
      • 802 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:49 PM

Mo, do you know what your cake will look like, or do you have to just choose one when you get there?

#4 jmhein

jmhein
        • 665 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:29 PM

MD_OCR, I posted these cakes in another thread, but in case you haven't seen them, they're attached! Chandlyn just sent them to me yesterday as upgrade options available from the ROR:

Attached Files

------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#5 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
          • 802 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:29 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jmhein
            MD_OCR, I posted these cakes in another thread, but in case you haven't seen them, they're attached! Chandlyn just sent them to me yesterday as upgrade options available from the ROR:
            Thanks Jmhein!! Can you customize the cakes with your colors or design? They look nice, I'm just worried about the taste. I've heard mixed reviews....mostly negative about the cakes not tasting very good. I'll do some more research and see if i can find anything else out.

Thanks!!

#6 jmhein

jmhein
            • 665 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:05 PM

I think I read somewhere that you can now request the Riu's wedding cake to be made withOUT the rum and then it just comes in normal chocolate or vanilla and tastes just fine! I will see if I can find where I read that, does anyone else know?
              ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#7 chicago88

chicago88
              • 699 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:25 PM

I'm not sure where that was posted but it was. I'm going to get it from the Riu and ask that they do not put any rum in it - we'll see?

Therese & Jay
                Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#8 Heidi

Heidi
                • 2,642 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:11 PM

Click the image to open in full size.
                  FYI, for anyone like me who is fine with the standard cake, here's a pic! :)
                  Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#9 Spazz

Spazz
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:12 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Heidi
                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    FYI, for anyone like me who is fine with the standard cake, here's a pic! :)

Thanks, Heidi! I'm not too concerned with the cake. Any time I go to a wedding, I know I rarely eat cake. I'm going to go with whatever they offer when I get there.

#10 Heidi

Heidi
                    • 2,642 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:17 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Lizz
                      Thanks, Heidi! I'm not too concerned with the cake. Any time I go to a wedding, I know I rarely eat cake. I'm going to go with whatever they offer when I get there.
                      this is what she wrote to me: "We offer a sponge cake which can either be chocolate or plain."
                      Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users