Beloved Hotel/La Amada

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#111 nicolam

nicolam
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Hi Suzanni -

How did you get on extending the cocktail hour by an extra 30 min.  Did this cost you?

Nicola

#112 nicolam

nicolam
    • 14 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hey...

Yes I have almost got everything sorted, we were unable to get a contract from the hotel / or a TA in the end because of the difference in rates between the countries but we have managed to get everyone in and we are fixing up the dates with the hotel... just very very slowly... It's so time consuming and frustrating - i wish we did have a contract it would have made it easier!!!

How is everyone going with decorations for the venue - furniture / flowers / decor / decorating the wedding venue / table centrepieces ? 

Where are you ordering them from?

Thanks

Nicola

#113 suzanni84

suzanni84
      • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

Ho[quote name="nicolam" url="/t/77682/beloved-hotel-la-amada/90#post_1876343"]Hi Suzanni - How did you get on extending the cocktail hour by an extra 30 min.  Did this cost you? Nicola [/quote Hi, Just request an extension from Alejandro and he will let you know the charge per person.[quote name="nicolam" url="/t/77682/beloved-hotel-la-amada/90#post_1876343"]Hi Suzanni - How did you get on extending the cocktail hour by an extra 30 min.  Did this cost you? Nicola [/quote Hi, Just request an extension to Alejandro and he will let you know the extra cost per person. He quoted me $18. But you also have to consider the extra hour for the DJ.

#114 bksweetheart

bksweetheart
        • 12 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

Nicola,

I am using a travel planner from the site destinationweddings.com for my December wedding. They may be able to assist. I can give you the contact info for the the planner I'm working with, if you'd like. 

#115 WeddingCancun

WeddingCancun
          • Vendor
          • 210 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

hello brides! check out this beautiful turquoise /white combination from one of our works at La Amada hotel:

We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?

#116 belovedbride

belovedbride
            • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Hi Everyone!

We just passed the 9 month mark to our wedding at the Beloved and couldn't be more excited!! Is anyone using the photographer from the Beloved? I'm torn on what to do since you have to pay extra to bring an outside photographer in. If not, do you have recommendations? Please let me know!

#117 clee0605

clee0605
              • 26 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

Hi, can anyone that's done a site visit and menu tasting comment on the coups / salalds / hors d'oeuvres? Thanks!! 

#118 suzanni84

suzanni84
                • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

I have done a tasting and everything was really good. The hor derves fell a little short when it came to meat. Soup was seafood bisque really good and we did a simple mix green salad with a vinaigrette dressing. Servings we pretty large so guests will definitely be full.

#119 Snoopy129

Snoopy129
                  • 158 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by belovedbride 

Hi Everyone!

We just passed the 9 month mark to our wedding at the Beloved and couldn't be more excited!! Is anyone using the photographer from the Beloved? I'm torn on what to do since you have to pay extra to bring an outside photographer in. If not, do you have recommendations? Please let me know!

I think some of the ladies earlier in the thread used VIP photos (the in-house photog) but I think I may bring my own and have them stay at the hotel (and then the outside vendor fee will be waived).  Still not sure yet, but that's what we're leaning towards. 

Not sure about getting a videographer...we're still deciding on that.  What about you gals?

#120 sunlover2013

sunlover2013
                    • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to know where everyone is planning on having the reception? We had planned on using an area that is called "Natura" which is off to the side, has a checkboard floor on part on it. I think that it may have been used as a bar long ago, but now pretty much an unused area.

My problem is it has a ping pong table and a pool table in this area. The ping pong table is no problem but they are now telling us that they can't move  the pool table. So any ideas on how to hide a pool table or any other areas of the hotel that you are using for your reception.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users