Jump to content

Photo

Beloved Hotel/La Amada


  • Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#91 Snoopy129

Snoopy129
  • Jr. Member
  • 158 posts

    Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

    Yeah, the lounge set up on the beach sounds awesome!  We may do the same but we wanna see how many people actually come.  It's been hard to gauge our headcount.  We asked about extending our reception as well and it was $16 per person for the 1 hour extension, so we may go with that.  How was lupita lounge when you went to the Beloved for your tasting?  I heard there's a DJ or live music.  Do people dance there?  Or is it more like for drinks and more subdued merriment?

    Originally Posted by suzanni84 

    I was going to start around 4 as well because I want it to still be light enough for photos after the ceremony.  I was thinking of seeing if we could extend the cocktail hour and extra 30 min, we are having a lounge area set up in the sand and having a trio band play for 45 min. Then I was going to ask them to extend the reception for an extra hour (I'm sure and extra cost will be applies) They have the lupita lounge that stays open until midnight so I figured we could move over there if people still wanted to stay out.  



    #92 Kim7799

    Kim7799
    • Newbie
    • 14 posts

      Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

      So glad to hear from other 2013 Brides!

       

      I have an invitation question. We're only inviting family and a couple of friends to the Beloved. Almost all of our guests have put their deposits down with our travel agent. I've been emailing everyone with hotel and travel info pretty regularly. For the invitations, we're doing boarding passes and then luggage tags for the RSVPs. I'm creating a website this week, but do you guys think we need to include anything else in the actual invitation?



      #93 Snoopy129

      Snoopy129
      • Jr. Member
      • 158 posts

        Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

        Originally Posted by Kim7799 

        So glad to hear from other 2013 Brides!

         

        I have an invitation question. We're only inviting family and a couple of friends to the Beloved. Almost all of our guests have put their deposits down with our travel agent. I've been emailing everyone with hotel and travel info pretty regularly. For the invitations, we're doing boarding passes and then luggage tags for the RSVPs. I'm creating a website this week, but do you guys think we need to include anything else in the actual invitation?


        Ooh!  Boarding pass invitations are so nice!  I think as long as your website is updated to have the latest and greatest info, you should be set.  A lot of people I've seen do a pretty standard invitation but keep all the destination/hotel details on the website.  Plus, more people will refer to your website for details than the actual hardcopy invitation.  You can post up suggested packing lists, schedule of events, reception meal options (in case some people have dietary restrictions), dress code, FAQs, registry and other details on the website and it's a one-stop-shop for your guests.  Congrats on having most of your guests confirmed with their deposits!



        #94 WeddingCancun

        WeddingCancun
        • Vendor
        • 210 posts

          Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

          Beloved hotel or La Amada is such a beautiful venue and the best, with an incredible view of the Mexican Caribbean.


          We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?


          #95 suzanni84

          suzanni84
          • Newbie
          • 6 posts

            Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

            Originally Posted by Snoopy129 View Post

            Yeah, the lounge set up on the beach sounds awesome!  We may do the same but we wanna see how many people actually come.  It's been hard to gauge our headcount.  We asked about extending our reception as well and it was $16 per person for the 1 hour extension, so we may go with that.  How was lupita lounge when you went to the Beloved for your tasting?  I heard there's a DJ or live music.  Do people dance there?  Or is it more like for drinks and more subdued merriment?

            It is very hard to gauge head count!! But I think the hotel is flexible that way.  I had Alejandro give me a price proposal for 70 people, I don't think there will be more and hoping we might have less.  Lupita lounge did have some type of music starting from around 6ish... most nights it had a DJ then a band would come for an hour then maybe a sax player when no one was playing live they had music going.  People did dance and it was never really busy there after dinner.  It seemed like most people (including us) would go to grab a drink and app. before dinner. We have decided to add an extra hour to our reception however, I think $16pp is a bit much seeing that a rehearsal cocktail hour friday (2hrs) with passed apps in $18pp.  



            #96 Snoopy129

            Snoopy129
            • Jr. Member
            • 158 posts

              Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

              Originally Posted by suzanni84 

              It is very hard to gauge head count!! But I think the hotel is flexible that way.  I had Alejandro give me a price proposal for 70 people, I don't think there will be more and hoping we might have less.  Lupita lounge did have some type of music starting from around 6ish... most nights it had a DJ then a band would come for an hour then maybe a sax player when no one was playing live they had music going.  People did dance and it was never really busy there after dinner.  It seemed like most people (including us) would go to grab a drink and app. before dinner. We have decided to add an extra hour to our reception however, I think $16pp is a bit much seeing that a rehearsal cocktail hour friday (2hrs) with passed apps in $18pp.  



              Hmm you got a point there about the $16pp.  Thanks for the heads up (I hadn't priced out a separate cocktail reception).  As for the price proposal, did it include all the decor/flowers and DJ?  Or just food/drink costs of the welcome reception and wedding/reception?  I know you had already done the tasting and picked out your menu when you went for the site visit.  Oh man, we haven't decided on our menu yet!  Haha!



              #97 bksweetheart

              bksweetheart
              • Newbie
              • 12 posts

                Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

                Just booked The Beloved for December 14, 2013!!! So excited to begin planning :-) 



                #98 Snoopy129

                Snoopy129
                • Jr. Member
                • 158 posts

                  Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

                  Originally Posted by bksweetheart 

                  Just booked The Beloved for December 14, 2013!!! So excited to begin planning :-) 


                  whoo!  congrats on making it official!  i love the way everything is decorated for the holidays in December! 



                  #99 C Lombardi

                  C Lombardi
                  • Newbie
                  • 6 posts
                  • Wedding Date:October 25, 2013
                  • Wedding Location:The Beloved Hotel, Playa Mujeres
                  • LocationChicago, IL

                  Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

                  Hi Nicole- 

                   

                  Don't give up - I'm working with a travel agent that works closely with The Beloved Hotel. She's been incredible. If you need a referral - let me know. 



                  #100 TammyWright

                  TammyWright

                    Admin & Owner

                  • Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

                  Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

                  Hello The Beloved Brides,  We have scheduled the wedding webinar for March 16.  More info in the link below:

                   

                  Wedding Webinar 2013 Schedule:  A great way to learn about planning a wedding at different destination wedding venues.  Get your questions answered by the resort wedding department and your travel questions answered by a destination wedding specialist.


                  Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

                   
                  Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
                   
                  Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.





                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users