Photo

Guestbook idea for small guest count?

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#41 soonCB

soonCB
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

Krisinlilly- We found a local quilter who will be making it for us. Because she makes lots of quilts she has a lot of fabric, but is willing to buy specific fabric if we need. I am super excited to get started in the planning of it. I am not too much of a DIY, but I do like to add touches of our personalities and making things unique.

Originally Posted by kristinalilly 

We also were originally thinking of the puzzle idea, but when I found the quilt one, I fell in love with it! We are having a small wedding, so I want things to be very personal.

Originally Posted by finleya 

I love the message in a bottle idea and the quilt idea!!!

I have also heard of people having their guests sign puzzles pieces then putting it together and framing it for their wall...

#42 kks2012

kks2012
    • Site Supporter
    • 241 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

I really like this idea. We got engaged at a vineyard; this would be so nice.

Originally Posted by anichols8 

We are doing something similar:

http://www.etsy.com/..._facet=handmade

#43 kristinalilly

kristinalilly
      • 182 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

soonCB - how many people are you having at your wedding? We're only having ~15 is that enough to do the quilt?

Originally Posted by soonCB 

Krisinlilly- We found a local quilter who will be making it for us. Because she makes lots of quilts she has a lot of fabric, but is willing to buy specific fabric if we need. I am super excited to get started in the planning of it. I am not too much of a DIY, but I do like to add touches of our personalities and making things unique.

We also were originally thinking of the puzzle idea, but when I found the quilt one, I fell in love with it! We are having a small wedding, so I want things to be very personal.

#44 soonCB

soonCB
        • 264 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

The great thing about making a quilt is that it can be done with any number of guest. We plan on having about 20 guests. I plan on picking the pattern with the quilter, but you can always arrange the signature squares with other fabric squares, I like the idea of adding photoes as well much that will cost us yet.

Here is an example with pictures. I think this one may have been assembled before the wedding. we will just be bringing fabric squares and fabric pens with us. Nice and light :).

soonCB - how many people are you having at your wedding? We're only having ~15 is that enough to do the quilt?

#45 kristinalilly

kristinalilly
          • 182 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

Wow what a great keepsake!

Originally Posted by soonCB 

The great thing about making a quilt is that it can be done with any number of guest. We plan on having about 20 guests. I plan on picking the pattern with the quilter, but you can always arrange the signature squares with other fabric squares, I like the idea of adding photoes as well much that will cost us yet.

Here is an example with pictures. I think this one may have been assembled before the wedding. we will just be bringing fabric squares and fabric pens with us. Nice and light :).

#46 Josie Fiorda

Josie Fiorda
            • 198 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

really great ideas! we are having less than 20 and I was stuck for ideas on this to. Will have to show this thread to my FI and see what he says

One idea I had was getting a nice hand painted plate from Mexico and getting everyone to sign it. I guess they would have to do it with paint though. Not sure.

#47 finleya

finleya
              • 189 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

You might be able to do it with a paint marker... As long as you planned on just displaying it.

#48 lkterry

lkterry
                • 157 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

I love the signed wine bottle and the palm tree for the fingerprints.  Haven't seen the palm before and love it!

#49 negritadr

negritadr
                  • 205 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:40 AM

With the quilt, if written with pen and later on you want to wash it, won't it fade out??

#50 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
                    • 458 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

Instead of a traditional guestbook, we are having our videographer go around during the cocktail hour to capture everyone's well wishes, so we will have them within our wedding video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users