lolo411

Guestbook idea for small guest count?

I love the fingerprint idea. I am going to look on Etsy for one- we are considering a peacock theme for our palette of blues. Subtle peacock hints so I might get a peacock and heave the feathers be the fingerprints of our guests. I love having a guestbook that will become a part of our home once the wedding is over and not something that will be shoved in a closet or attic. 

I really love the message in a bottle idea and I may have to incorporate that somehow, but originally bought a plain canvas to paint a heart on and have everyone sign. I love everyone's different ideas!

I don't know If someone alreaddy said this on this thread but I had just seen posted by another BDW bride that she brought pieces of frabic to the resort and have all of your guests sign on them with fabric markers and then when you get home have them made into a quilt. :)

I am doing an engagement photo book. One page will have our photo the opposite page will have different question. Questions like " what is the best marriege advice you have ever recieved?" or "what should we name our kids?" or "when did you know we were meant for each other?"

I wanted something fun but also meaningful.

Originally Posted by Aynat View Post

I am doing an engagement photo book. One page will have our photo the opposite page will have different question. Questions like " what is the best marriege advice you have ever recieved?" or "what should we name our kids?" or "when did you know we were meant for each other?"

I wanted something fun but also meaningful.

That's a cute idea. I was going to do something similar when we sent out our invitations. We were going to include an insert with questions and then share them during the reception, or string them together as decorations near the table that has our pictures and guestbook. I have seen it done before at a wedding and thought it added a nice personal touch.

Originally Posted by DwBride2Be View Post

My Guestbook is a chalkboard. The idea is that people will write their message on the chalkboard, and then hold it up and have a friend or another guest take their photo with their message on the chalkboard.  Then we'll take the images and memory card when we're back, and make a photo book out of it, with their pic's and some of our travel pic's.  So at our AHR we'll display the photobook.   

Basically I'll leave the chalkboard, chalk, an eraser, and a digital camera on the guestbook table, and then people can head over there in small groups and get-er done!

I'll get my MC to explain it a bit in case people don't understand and probably print out some directions and put it out with a little frame on the same table!

What do you guys think?

I'll post a pic of the chalkboard I made for you guys to see it tomorrow!!

Love it!! That's what I plan on doing too, only I was going to use a polaroid because I thought that would be a fun twist. But because I am OCD and crazy I don't want guests to put it in the book themselves, I'll want to organize and lay them out all cute after the wedding. I planned to put out a cute sign next to the camera/chalkboard and maybe get my sister to go around during cocktail hour asking people to write something. She's talkative and will probably enjoy that job.

Here's the chalkboard I am going to use (it's from Michael's and isn't super sturdy but I liked the fun shape.) I actually used this in one of our engagement photos, so it'll be a nice tie-in, plus I love anything I can re-purpose!

Originally Posted by alexisinjamaica View Post

Love it!! That's what I plan on doing too, only I was going to use a polaroid because I thought that would be a fun twist. But because I am OCD and crazy I don't want guests to put it in the book themselves, I'll want to organize and lay them out all cute after the wedding. I planned to put out a cute sign next to the camera/chalkboard and maybe get my sister to go around during cocktail hour asking people to write something. She's talkative and will probably enjoy that job.

Here's the chalkboard I am going to use (it's from Michael's and isn't super sturdy but I liked the fun shape.) I actually used this in one of our engagement photos, so it'll be a nice tie-in, plus I love anything I can re-purpose!

Super cute idea ladies!