bcbride2013

Your reasons for having a destination wedding?

We chose to pay for our guest stay for a 3 day / 4 night, instead of a 5 hour event.

We live in Hoboken NJ and I work in Manhattan. So as you can see from chart

NYC is the most expensive. We also have family all over USA, so it would be

an expensive NYC weekend for them also. This was hands down the best choice! 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/23/us-wedding-costs-idUSBRE82M11O20120323

http://www.marketingcharts.com/direct/wedding-guests-spend-490-average-17098/

Good luck!

www.iheartdestinationweddings.com

Originally Posted by Caligirl View Post

We chose to pay for our guest stay for a 3 day / 4 night, instead of a 5 hour event.

We live in Hoboken NJ and I work in Manhattan. So as you can see from chart

NYC is the most expensive. We also have family all over USA, so it would be

an expensive NYC weekend for them also. This was hands down the best choice! 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/23/us-wedding-costs-idUSBRE82M11O20120323

http://www.marketingcharts.com/direct/wedding-guests-spend-490-average-17098/

Good luck!

www.iheartdestinationweddings.com

That's a really practical way of thinking of it :) Thanks for the stats!

Hello Ladies!

Congratulation on choosing a destination wedding. As a wedding planner here in the Riviera Maya I would like to say all the best with planning. We love all your reasons. Love is such a beautiful thing.

Happy planning 

Joyce

Thank God I chose a destination wedding because there is NO WAY i can afford those NYC prices..smile27.gif My FI and I always wanted to get married on the beach because its sooo serene and tranquil PLUS this was the easiest way to cut down my guest list. undecided.gif

A beach wedding seemed perfect for us. I have always said there are too many places on earth to visit to go back to the same pace twice, but here we are traveling back to the Bahamas in less than 12 months. I choose it as our wedding destination as FI mother has only flown once and father hasn't flown in years, so I wanted it to be a non-stop and somewhat short flight for them. Having been to the resort certainly made us more comfortable as we know what the food is like (some All-inclusives have terrible food). But best of all, great scuba diving! Sharks and more sharks.

For me a few reasons are:

1. I love to travel

2. Just the thought of having a big wedding gives me anxiety, which is what would happen if we got married here.

3. My FI and I are from 2 completely different cultures so we wanted something different and neutral.

4. No one in my family or his immediate family has ever gone to a DW.

Originally Posted by JSLM View Post

For me a few reasons are:

1. I love to travel

2. Just the thought of having a big wedding gives me anxiety, which is what would happen if we got married here.

3. My FI and I are from 2 completely different cultures so we wanted something different and neutral.

4. No one in my family or his immediate family has ever gone to a DW.

I have nearly the same reasons.

Initially we were planning to hold the wedding in Russia (at the Black sea) as my family is living there. It was too budget heavy and things also got complicated. But when our best friend, who's going to hold the ceremony, drew me a picture: "Imagine both of you barefoot on the beach somewhere in the Caribbean", - I just couldn't resist that idea!

I agree - these forums are priceless and so useful!

There are a few reasons we decided to have a DW:

1) Cost - we knew we could keep within our small budget if we went away.

2) I am originally from Wisconsin but now live in Philadelphia. My fiance is from Philly. We knew that if we had a wedding in Philly or Wisco - one of us wouldn't have everyone there. Just didn't seem right. So - we decided to cut the list down and go somewhere warm!

3) I have never liked huge weddings. Even as a kid - I begged my parents to get me a babysitter rather than go to a wedding.

Plus, at the end of the day - the most important thing is that I am married to my Prince Charming. The people I treasure most will be there and it will be a blast :)

Weddings reflect the couple's personality in. a big way! On this once-in-a-lifetime day, many would want to go the extra mile to make it special.A destination wedding is any wedding in which the engaged couple and/or a majority of their guests travel to attend the wedding ceremony.Destination weddings give the couple the opportunity to choose a site that has a special meaning for them, such as a favoritecountry,locale,or even terrain--a mountain view or beach might just "fit" their personalities--or they might simply choose a beautiful location they'd like to spend time in with their close friends and families.Depending on the location, it may be helpful to plan additional events during the time guests are in the area, to introduce them to the location.Wedding planners  can make wedding to perfection.A professional wedding planner can make wedding dreams come true .Tamarind Weddings was my wedding planner.I am satisfied with their services.

Weddings reflect the couple's personality in. a big way! On this once-in-a-lifetime day, many would want to go the extra mile to make it special.A destination wedding is any wedding in which the engaged couple and/or a majority of their guests travel to attend the wedding ceremony.Destination weddings give the couple the opportunity to choose a site that has a special meaning for them, such as a favorite country,locale,or even terrain--a mountain view or beach might just "fit" their personalities--or they might simply choose a beautiful location they'd like to spend time in with their close friends and families.Depending on the location, it may be helpful to plan additional events during the time guests are in the area, to introduce them to the location.Wedding planners  can make wedding to perfection.A professional wedding planner can make wedding dreams come true .Tamarind Weddings was my wedding planner.I am satisfied with their services.