Photo

Shower Dress Thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cdc150

cdc150
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

Since we are having a small wedding in the DR, I am having a shower with our whole families and friends on March 3rd at a local country club.  My wedding colors are aqua and coral my shower has somewhat of a beach theme.  I found this dress on Lilly Pulitzer that I sorta love, but I think it may be too casual for my shower.  Especially because it will still be cold here in PA.  My sister said it was too casual, my BM said I should wear it with a cardigan.  I need more opinions.... what do you ladies think?

#2 cdc150

cdc150
    • 332 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:11 AM

the picture for some reason didn't paste   http://www.lillypuli...e Coral Cascade

Quote:
      Originally Posted by cdc150 

Since we are having a small wedding in the DR, I am having a shower with our whole families and friends on March 3rd at a local country club.  My wedding colors are aqua and coral my shower has somewhat of a beach theme.  I found this dress on Lilly Pulitzer that I sorta love, but I think it may be too casual for my shower.  Especially because it will still be cold here in PA.  My sister said it was too casual, my BM said I should wear it with a cardigan.  I need more opinions.... what do you ladies think?

#3 acireta

acireta
      • Site Supporter
      • 750 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

that is so adorable!! I'd have a cardigan on hand depending on the temp of the room, but I don't necessarily think it's too casual. I wore a grey sweater dress and black boots to my shower this weekend, so I wasn't all that fancy :-)

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#4 Maritza919

Maritza919
        • 421 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

Cute dress!! You can wear something like that to an afternoon shower.  I am in a predicament I have no idea when my shower is it;s a surprise, but I feel like there's somethings you can wear to an afternoon shower that you can't wear to a night one and vice versa.  Here in NY that's the new thing - night showers. I just ordered two dresses. My mom and MOH said I can be as dressed u as I want since I am the bride. Which also gives me the assumption of it being in the pm.  So confusing =( 

#5 lolo411

lolo411
          • 160 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

I agree that it would be ok for an afternoon shower. Maybe you can wear a cardigan over it and take it off as the day goes. I think if you just dress it up with some nice accessories it will be fine. But I would take the advice of whoever is planning it since they know what the atmosphere will be like. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users