Photo

JamaicaSukie's Wedding Planning Journal - Iberostar Rose Hall Suites 7/7/12

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 JamaicaSukie

JamaicaSukie
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

Hey everybody!  I just wanted to post an update.  I've gotten a lot done the last few weeks.  First, I completely rearranged all of my wedding weekend events.  I decided that it would not be fair to my guests to have them get all dressed up only to sweat to death in Aunt Ruby's in July.  So instead my weekend will go as follows:  welcome cocktail party on Thursday from 6 - 8 p.m. in the Lobby Bar if possible; rehearsal dinner at Aunt Ruby's from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. followed by a beach bonfire with reggae band from 8:00 - 10:30 on Friday; ceremony on the beach from 4:30 - 5:00 followed by cocktail hour in the Music Bar from 5:30 - 6:30 and the private reception in Calabash from 6:30 - 10:30 (hopefully a little longer lol) with a DJ and open bar.  We decided to have the reggae band the night before the wedding so that people would (hopefully) really get into the spirit of things and get down on the beach in much more comfortable clothes than they'll be wearing the wedding day.  We are still getting married on the beach though so and giving everyone fair warning so that they can make shoe arrangements (lol).  However, now the ladies can showcase their best heels if they choose without worrying about taking them off the entire time.

Now....speaking of shoes...yesterday I found (and purchased) my wedding shoes....I will have to post a pic in the next post because for some reason it's not letting me now.  As a matter of fact, I will continue this post in a new one.

To be continued.....

Marrying the love of my life in Jamaica on 7/7/12 and have 11 people booked so far!!

#22 JamaicaSukie

JamaicaSukie
    • 75 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Take Two!  Here are my wedding shoes!  I just love them!!!

Wedding shoes 1.jpg

I also purchased some of my wedding jewelry....

078.JPG

I also found the perfect add on piece for my dress (I hate the flower the came on my dress).

077.JPG

I also started working on my welcome package in terms of welcome letter, itineraries, things to know, etc.  Please note that I totally borrowed from other brides on this site.  I am not very creative and didn't even know that I should HAVE a welcome letter.  I am trying to go back through all the posts to find the sources of my inspiration so as not to "plagarize".  If any of these look familiar, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due.  I created "Do Not Disturb" signs; brochures listing the hotel's main amenities, the itinerary for the whole weekend, and a thank you to our bridal party and guests; a "things to know" sheet with little tips about the weekend (i.e. - please use the cups provided in the OOT bag to identify yourself as part of our group, details they need to know about the rehearsal dinner and party, etc.); a "wedding day" itinerary; and a welcome letter.

083.JPG

I also found a great tote bag from discountmugs.com for the OOT bags.  I anticipate needing about 30 (I per room, not one per person) so I will probably be paying $4.99 per bag but that's still the cheapest I could find for the quality.  I am still strying to find a similar bag in brown (for the men) but if I can't find it this is what I will be going with.

080.JPG

That's all I've got so far.  Hope to update again soon.  Any questions, let me know.  :-)

Marrying the love of my life in Jamaica on 7/7/12 and have 11 people booked so far!!

#23 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
      • 923 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

I think you're doing great for planning with your busy schedule...I'm excited about your makeup and reggae band

#24 Kristin Ri

Kristin Ri
        • 162 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Looks great! Thanks for sharing

#25 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
          • 366 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

Love this thread!  Have you done a review yet?   Or, do you have photos?  I would love to see how everything turned out!  Also, did you like your hair and makeup?

#26 carajoe08

carajoe08
            • 197 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

This was a great planning thread! I would also be interested in a review.

#27 Shauna253

Shauna253
              • 51 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

I love your shoes. What kind are they and where did you find them?

#28 Julia28

Julia28
                • 27 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

Hoping to hear a review as well :)

#29 mstigger

mstigger
                  • 239 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

OMG, I totally wanted this shoe but I could not find it anywhere in my size. Bummer.

I love, love, love it!!!

Originally Posted by JamaicaSukie 

Take Two!  Here are my wedding shoes!  I just love them!!!

Wedding shoes 1.jpg

I also purchased some of my wedding jewelry....

078.JPG

I also found the perfect add on piece for my dress (I hate the flower the came on my dress).

077.JPG

I also started working on my welcome package in terms of welcome letter, itineraries, things to know, etc.  Please note that I totally borrowed from other brides on this site.  I am not very creative and didn't even know that I should HAVE a welcome letter.  I am trying to go back through all the posts to find the sources of my inspiration so as not to "plagarize".  If any of these look familiar, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due.  I created "Do Not Disturb" signs; brochures listing the hotel's main amenities, the itinerary for the whole weekend, and a thank you to our bridal party and guests; a "things to know" sheet with little tips about the weekend (i.e. - please use the cups provided in the OOT bag to identify yourself as part of our group, details they need to know about the rehearsal dinner and party, etc.); a "wedding day" itinerary; and a welcome letter.

083.JPG

I also found a great tote bag from discountmugs.com for the OOT bags.  I anticipate needing about 30 (I per room, not one per person) so I will probably be paying $4.99 per bag but that's still the cheapest I could find for the quality.  I am still strying to find a similar bag in brown (for the men) but if I can't find it this is what I will be going with.

080.JPG

That's all I've got so far.  Hope to update again soon.  Any questions, let me know.  :-)

#30 angela876

angela876
                    • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

Hi, i read on another thread where you wrote about reggae bands to hire in montego bay. Im getting married at the hilton rose hall resort and spa on 16th may 2013. I seen you said the front page band are good but i cant seem to find anything about them. Would you mind to send me any information you have if its not too much hassle, possibly songs/playlistetc or if they have a website? Many thanks Angela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users