Photo

Who is doing your hair/makeup in CANCUN?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 brigettewolf

brigettewolf
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:35 PM

How did your hair and makeup turn out? My wedding is at the JW too this December! Any other advice?
    thanks!

#12 rizalr731

rizalr731
    • 22 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:37 PM

Like many of the other girls I don't trust people I don't know to do my hair and makeup. I settled on bringing my stylist/make up artist along with me. My other issue was that I want to ensure that my makeup stays in the heat and couldn't find anyone in Cancun that airbrushes makeup.

#13 salsa_bride

salsa_bride
      • 45 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:57 PM

Hi Kristina!! Wow, I read your post and I could have written the same question. We are getting married at the JW Marriott in May-08, but we'll be staying at the Gran Caribe for the week... my plan originally was to hope and pray that the JW marriott spa would be able to do a great job.. now realizing that this is not very good planning! I'm also very worried about the language barrier, and also, not having the opportunity to have a trial run... and even if I do get to do a trial , run it doesn't give me a lot of time or options if I don't like it! A friend suggested something that might be a good idea... go to a MAC counter at the mall (or any makeup place) and have them teach me to do my own makeup. So at least it will be a backup plan... but I guess that's one thing that i don't want to have to worry about that day. So, I am also open to suggestions!!!

#14 bride_2_b08

bride_2_b08
        • 244 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:28 PM

i'm having my hair and make up done at the resort salon. I have booked a trial to see how it turns out. I plan on going to the MAC counter and having them teach me just in case and if the resort makes me look like a drag queen then i will do my own. I am having my hair dresser do my hair at home and i will bring my BM to watch her do it and take pics of the process. So hopefully the salon at the resort will be able to do the style I want fingers crossed.
          HIKING IN BLUE MOUNTAINS AUSTRALIA

#15 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
          • 812 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:22 PM

I finally decided to kinda use everyone's ideas: I am planning to go to a makeup counter to have my makeup done. While there, I will take lots of pictures and pretty much buy everything they use. Then, I'm just going to ask the makeup people at the resort to use my colors...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users