2013 Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun Brides

• Please log in to reply
1449 replies to this topic

#971 NinaO

NinaO
  • Site Supporter
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Ladies. I highly recommend u start taking probiotics a week before u go. They have them at Walmart "culturelle" @$30 which is $1 a day. U should take these no matter where u are traveling ahead of time so that when your body does have to fight bacteria it will be easier. The water is different which touches all food. Also take pepto and anything else u use at home.

#972 monicamb

monicamb
    • 60 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

Thanks for info, Im getting married this Sunday at the chapel and having the reception at the terrace. Any info is much appreciated.

#973 Kelly718

Kelly718
      • 58 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'm curious as to what you feel it is that you ate that may have caused this. Ive been to Mexico 5 times  prior to our upcoming trip and I'd hate to get sick this time.

#974 mizpriya

mizpriya
        • 268 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:07 AM

Hey Ladies,

Our wedding got featured on BDW!!! Check it out for pictures of the resort for photo ideas here: http://www.bestdesti...ibe-real-cancun

#975 kirab22

kirab22
          • Site Supporter
          • 52 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

I'm going to The Royal in October and I've been reading the trip advisor forum and reviews. It seems like a big illness hit the resorts this month!

#976 txbrideinmexico

txbrideinmexico
            • 92 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

Hi girls. So with several people sick at the same time after eating the same thing we really thought it was food poisoning. Then yesterday afternoon a couple more people came down with it so we figured it was a virus. For most of us it was a 12 hour thing but some got it worse. Unfortunately the timing could not have been worse. My poor husband has not been sick in about three years but he barely made it through the ceremony (which the priest shortened for us quite a bit) and we were unable to attend our reception at all. We took about 10 minutes of pictures together and he just could barely hang in there so we took him upstairs and everyone had the reception without us. We hear the reception was a lot of fun. We are of course crushed at the time and money that went to waste but at least we hear the reception was enjoyed. We are feeling well enough today to travel i think and hoping our honeymoon is better. Sorry for the lack of reviews.

#977 hclibby1982

hclibby1982
              • 274 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

I, like you, read through everything on here and am actually getting married 2/7/14!  How was the site visit? 

My fiancĀ© and I really wanted to do one, but wouldn't be able to do it until the early fall due to our work schedules and we needed to send the Save the Dates before that. He still wanted to do it, but I told him I didn't see the point, if we hated it we couldn't cancel our wedding after people had flights and rooms booked! 

#978 naielym

naielym
                • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

I am so sorry to hear this. Hope you'll are able to enjoy your honeymoon!

#979 Billandstina

Billandstina
                  • 396 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

I

Hi girls. So with several people sick at the same time after eating the same thing we really thought it was food poisoning. Then yesterday afternoon a couple more people came down with it so we figured it was a virus. For most of us it was a 12 hour thing but some got it worse. Unfortunately the timing could not have been worse. My poor husband has not been sick in about three years but he barely made it through the ceremony (which the priest shortened for us quite a bit) and we were unable to attend our reception at all. We took about 10 minutes of pictures together and he just could barely hang in there so we took him upstairs and everyone had the reception without us. We hear the reception was a lot of fun. We are of course crushed at the time and money that went to waste but at least we hear the reception was enjoyed. We are feeling well enough today to travel i think and hoping our honeymoon is better. Sorry for the lack of reviews.

That's devastating!! I hope the resort can give you a free vow renewal in the future! Won't make up for missing your special day but could lessen the sting!

#980 Emily11386

Emily11386
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 244 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

I'm so sorry this happened to you guys. I would definitely recommend he see the resort Dr if he doesn't start feeling better. I hope you guys get to enjoy your honeymoon!
                      May 10, 2013 at The Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun
                      33 adults (including bride & groom) and 3 kids booked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users