2013 Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun Brides

• Please log in to reply
1449 replies to this topic

#81 Emily11386

Emily11386
  • Site Supporter
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

Hey everyone, So we finally got our group block up and running this Monday! We already had 6 people book! I finally feel like we are somewhat able to do something. We want to fly Jet Blue and they only come out 9 months in advance so we still have a litle time before we can book airfare. At least I feel like we are able to really start getting our guests into it now!
    May 10, 2013 at The Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun
    33 adults (including bride & groom) and 3 kids booked!

#82 Catish11

Catish11
    • 72 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

Hey Ladies!!!! 

How bout i've been following to older posts of The Royal Playa del Carmen weddings bc i didnt realize Gran Caribe 2013 had a forum; my FI just pointed it out to me smh LOL!!! This is great!! Super excited to talk to all the future brides!! Our wedding is set for 2/23/2013. One of our biggest concerns is the talk i've heard bout spring break during that time and @ the Gran Caribe. Have any of you gotten any feedback regarding this?? I really really dont want family and friends to deal w/ flashing or drunkeness LOL. Happy planning!!

O yea  Iwant to do passport invites too! but everywhere we look it's over $200 and i really really dont want to spend that on stuff thats going in the garbage within the month =( any suggestions?? 

#83 nimbleknits

nimbleknits
      • 52 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

We are getting married at GCR on July 26, 2013, and are having the ceremony in the Gazebo, with a cocktail hour on the beach, and then reception in the ballroom.  I've had great experiences so far with the WC's at the resort.

#84 Emily11386

Emily11386
        • Site Supporter
        • 244 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:13 AM

Hey ladies, How is everyone's planning going so far. People are starting to put down deposits which is exciting! Airfare (except jet blue) is out for us now too!

#85 Catish11

Catish11
          • 72 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

hey emily!! Planning is going slow bc we still havent done anything w/ the resort in terms of decorating and menus, but we did order our invites from invitations by dawn!! Hoping for the best!! they were the best deal for passport invites which we really wanted. We just went 2 old navy 4 the big $1 flip flop sale n picked up a bunch for the OOT bags...how bout u!? how's everything going!? Time's flying isnt it

#86 babigirl21

babigirl21
            • Site Supporter
            • 76 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

Hello Emily,

So far I have 18 people booked (Yea!).  I'm hoping to stay between 35 and 60 guests.  I'm about to send out my invitations with a RSVP date of October 5th.   I will soon approach the 6 month mark (wed date 2/16/13).  

Cherish Each Moment!

#87 SparksFly

SparksFly
              • 219 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

I wrote my review on the Royal in Cancun

http://www.bestdesti...rt/reviews/6287

Let me know if you have any questions!

#88 Emily11386

Emily11386
                • Site Supporter
                • 244 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

Sparks fly, If you don't mind me asking, how much did Marvin charge for your flowers?

#89 mizpriya

mizpriya
                  • 268 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:28 AM

Pretty quiet on my end these days in the planning process. Had ruffled up a few feathers to get what I wanted but now that I got what I wanted, I am pretty content and quiet. I think more activity will happen closer to the date. Now....to focus on saving more money for the wedding! *sigh* lol...

#90 Emily11386

Emily11386
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 244 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

I know, it has been quiet. I feel like I want to do stuff but I really don't know what to do! Lol. What is everyone else doing right aout now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users