Photo

2013 Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun Brides

• Please log in to reply
1449 replies to this topic

#561 Jeizzca

Jeizzca
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

how has the planning been going? I am 98 % sure that I am booking my wedding here!

#562 Jeizzca

Jeizzca
    • 16 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

I am happy to see people are booking here, it looks great.  I was so set on The Royal, but it was going to be so expensive for my guests.  I think the GCR is another great option.  Has the planning been easy for you?

#563 gs38

gs38
      • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

I just booked my wedding here too! So excited and this site is awesome!!

#564 MOrdonez

MOrdonez
        • 180 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tammy Host 

Just a reminder: The ROYAL Cancun and Gran Caribe Cancun Wedding Webinar is this Saturday, March 2, 2013 @ 9:00am PST.

There is still time to register if you have not done so.

These wedding webinars are a great way to learn about how to plan your wedding at that resort and get your wedding and travel questions answered!

Thanks again for having the webinar. It was very helpful and informative.

Just wondering if you got answers to the few questions that the GCR representative was going to follow up on? (ie. the 2 vendors for $350)

Thanks!

#565 linz0621

linz0621
          • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hey brides!    This is a little off topic - but I wanted to know if anyone has contacted their airlines about carrying on their dress. AirTran told me that I either have to buy a ticket for my dress (crazy!!) or fold it into a carry on bag.    Has anyone else received this info? Not sure what to do -unless I ship the dress to The Royal - which makes me super nervous.    Looking forward to your feedback!

#566 Billandstina

Billandstina
            • 396 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

According to AA they will allow me to put it in the flight attendants hanging closet IF there's room and they can't guarantee it so I'd then have to stuff it in an overheard or check it! Eeek! To be safe we used points and upgraded to First Class to be the 1st ones onboard so I can put it in there as well as for the extra checked suitcase we can have free of charge!

#567 joannaleigh

joannaleigh
              • 43 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

Wow this totally made me do some more research! We leave on AirTran on Monday for our wedding which is next week Thursday. I do plan on carrying on my dress. When I read the carry-on policy it said that a garment bag is considered a carry-on. My dress is in a garment bag (the bag it came in) and that is what I plan to bring as my carry-on. I hope I don't have any issues. We upgraded to first class when we booked, hoping this would alleviate any issue with the dress.

I will let you know next week if it worked for me!

#568 Jeizzca

Jeizzca
                • 16 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Hi Ladies

I read through many of the pages of threads to get information and ensure I wanted to book with this resort.  Have most of you done the a la carte or wedding packages?

#569 linz0621

linz0621
                  • 16 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Joannaleigh - interested to hear how your experience goes. Best of luck with your wedding. It's finally here! Billandstina - good point on first class! I might need to look in to that! AirTran seems to be the most strict with their policy.

#570 Billandstina

Billandstina
                    • 396 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

It was worth it with points ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users