2013 Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun Brides

• Please log in to reply
1449 replies to this topic

#411 ornxoxo

ornxoxo
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by NinaO 

After reading thru a LOT of these post I noticed Brides referring to the same names at the GCR. However I still haven't found any one mentioning Patty? She is the person who gave us the tour when we where there back in September and emails. She has told me it is all reserved and I paid deposit but have not gotten a contract?? Should I be concerned its July5, 2013! Also I deal with a guy named Ramiro to do the room blocking and room rates??  

I'm not sure if the hotel does the room blocking.  At first, when I asked the resort about room blocking, the WC told me to contact the TA, so that's how I search for TA and contacted TA Wendy.  

#412 ornxoxo

ornxoxo
    • 177 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by BeachBumLesley 

Hi Ladies!

Is there any Canadian brides that got married at the chapel at GCR? If so, was it considered legal here in Canada? I was told by GCR that the catholic wedding is not recognized by their government and only by the roman catholics, but to find out if a catholic ceremony in Mexico would be legal here in Canada.

As far as I know, the catholic ceremony is considered as symbolic ceremony.  It would not be legal anywhere.  You would have to do the legalization part in Canada or do the legal ceremony in Mexico.

#413 Catish11

Catish11
      • 72 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

you really do!!! those drivers are CRAZYYY down there!! gotta be careful!

LOL

#414 ABCDwedding

ABCDwedding
        • 32 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Any GCR brides getting married between Feb 6-13, 2013?

#415 txbrideinmexico

txbrideinmexico
          • 92 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

Is anyone having a videographer? I've asked to see examples of the one the resort uses and havne't heard back yet (of course). At first I didnt think I needed one but of course now I'm second guessing that... and doesn't it seem like the perfect way to blow my tax refund?

If so, who are you using and how much are you paying?

#416 Kaitlyn Wawryko

Kaitlyn Wawryko
            • 51 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Beachbum, I'm gettimg legally married in Canada before we go down to mexico. I also am not too keen on getting a blood test done in Mexico, I'm an LPN and am not very comfotable with it. I'm not bashing their practices just personal preference. Lol

#417 Catish11

Catish11
              • 72 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

TXBRIDE, IM USING THE RESORT VIDEOGRAPHER, IM NOT SURE IF I SAW SAMPLES PRIOR, BUT JUST  DIDNT WANT TO PAY A VENDOR FEE FOR OUTSIDE. THEY'RE THE SAME ONES DOING OUR PICS ALSO. THEIR PIC SAMPLES ARENT TOO BAD...I WILL LET U KNOW!! LESS THEN 3 WEEKS AWAY!!!! AHHHH 

#418 Alicia415

Alicia415
                • 54 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

I'm using Derek & Lorena (Photos in Cancun) for both photography and videography. we met them when we went down for our site visit and they're great!

#419 ornxoxo

ornxoxo
                  • 177 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Catish11 

TXBRIDE, IM USING THE RESORT VIDEOGRAPHER, IM NOT SURE IF I SAW SAMPLES PRIOR, BUT JUST  DIDNT WANT TO PAY A VENDOR FEE FOR OUTSIDE. THEY'RE THE SAME ONES DOING OUR PICS ALSO. THEIR PIC SAMPLES ARENT TOO BAD...I WILL LET U KNOW!! LESS THEN 3 WEEKS AWAY!!!! AHHHH 

Catish11 - let us know how you like the videographer & photographer from the resort.  3 weeks?  So excited!!

#420 mizpriya

mizpriya
                    • 268 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

I'm using a videographer and we are paying 2800 plus the vendor fee. But we wanted to since some of our family are unable to come down. They said they will help to pay for it so we are hoping we don't have to pay much for that. This amount does not include the vendor fee. We are using Cancun Wedding Videos for our videography. Great communication with Mike Canterell so can't complain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users