Photo

2013 Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun Brides

• Please log in to reply
1449 replies to this topic

#191 Kaitlyn Wawryko

Kaitlyn Wawryko
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Ncalvar my ceremony is at 4pm on the beach then cocktail hour and reception is up on the terrace :) what are you plans! :) see you there for a drink on the beach!

#192 Kaitlyn Wawryko

Kaitlyn Wawryko
    • 51 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Oh and ladies I got my quote back for different centerpieces consisting of hydrenas (spelling lol) roses and 2stem orchids per in a taller vase but not crazy big so people can still see everyone and the wanted $475 EACH!!!! The vibe I'm getting from this place is to just be happy with what they offer and what's included in your package or you will pay one larrrgggeeee penny if you want to customize anything. I sent another quote out through my WC for satin linen instead of the cloth that the have and I'm scared to see what it will be. have any of you had linen options to choose from or are you ladies just using what they have?

#193 Emily11386

Emily11386
      • Site Supporter
      • 244 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

They quoted you $475 each centerpiece??  Was in plated in 24 carat gold?  That's crazy?!  I've been working with Marvin for flowers and he's been great and his prices are really reasonable.

May 10, 2013 at The Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun
        33 adults (including bride & groom) and 3 kids booked!

#194 txbrideinmexico

txbrideinmexico
        • 92 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

That's insane! I really want to just go buy some darn flowers the day before and do my own centerpieces. I am just not into paying for things I'm not crazy about. I'm considering doing this for bouquets too... I'm not super picky I just don't like wasting money. Is anyone else trying to do their own centerpieces and flowers?

#195 Catish11

Catish11
          • 72 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

txbride!! We're debating on making our own centerpieces. We had emailed our wc also bout getting some price quotes for just simple vases w/ water and/or candles, nothing extravagant @ all!! I really hope she doesnt quote us $475 also!! thats 1/2 the wedding cost!! smh I will let you know what she gets back to us w/. There is  a Walmart down the road from resort from what I found during our site visit so we're thinking of buying vases there if pricing is 2 crazy. As for flowers, we're going with what comes in our package. I also hate spending money!!! 

#196 Kaitlyn Wawryko

Kaitlyn Wawryko
            • 51 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

I know I was really disappointed when she came back with rhetoric quote. I'm actually thinking of hiring a company to come in and do decorations instead because it's way cheaper the also do florals too.

#197 ncalvar

ncalvar
              • 53 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Ncalvar my ceremony is at 4pm on the beach then cocktail hour and reception is up on the terrace :) what are you plans! :) see you there for a drink on the beach!

We're getting married at the chapel at 5pm, having the cocktail hr at 6pm and the private reception at 7 on the terrace as well......I'm hoping they have more then one terrace! LOL....Definitely taking you up on the drink at the beach :) Who's your WC? Also are you doing a private or semi private reception? That might make the difference w the terrace. Idk

#198 LaurenandDaniel

LaurenandDaniel
                • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Yeah! Congrats! I have been waiting for someone in July 2013 to post. We are booked for the chapel on July 22nd. We are staying the 16th-25th. So far, I used my travel agency (Legacy Travel) to send the Save the Dates. Its a free service and I will do anything to save money. Hope stay in contact and maybe meet up in Cancun!

#199 Kaitlyn Wawryko

Kaitlyn Wawryko
                  • 51 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

I paid for a private reception so no offence but I hope our weddings aren't side by side haha ;) I do know that there is a "terrace" beside the gazebo. The terrace that I booked is on the roof. My wc is Erika :)

#200 fah042314

fah042314
                    • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hi,

I initially was thinking about my wedding at the Gran Caribe until a couple of my guests had safety concerns with Mexico.  How was it when you did a site visit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users