Photo

2013 Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun Brides

• Please log in to reply
1449 replies to this topic

#151 mizpriya

mizpriya
  • 268 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

Thanks. I hope not...there better be booze! and I better not have to pay extra for that at an all inclusive!

#152 txbrideinmexico

txbrideinmexico
    • 92 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hi Girls! Just wanted to say hello and jump into the conversation if I can! We just decided on Gran Caribe/Royal because of the Catholic chapel onsite. We are looking at a few dates right now, so nothing in stone yet. I'm excited to hear about everyone else's plans!

#153 Kaitlyn Wawryko

Kaitlyn Wawryko
      • 51 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

Welcome to the conversation txbrideinmexico :)

#154 Kaitlyn Wawryko

Kaitlyn Wawryko
        • 51 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Welcome to the conversation txbrideinmexico :)

Attached Files

#155 Emily11386

Emily11386
          • Site Supporter
          • 244 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

Welcome txbrideinmexico! The chapel is what drew us in to the Gran Caribe to begin with as well. We were happy to be able to still have a religious ceremony while being able to have the wedding we wanted (destination wedding). It was a good compromise. :)
            May 10, 2013 at The Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun
            33 adults (including bride & groom) and 3 kids booked!

#156 Alicia415

Alicia415
            • 54 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Hi txbrideinmexico...welcome to this forum! You will find so much info on this that will be so helpful! I'm getting married July 27 2013! We still have plenty to do but have gotten lots done thanks to BDW! We're going down the end of November for a site visit! So excited! I'm also getting my hair & make-up trial done too! I'll definitely post helpful things after we visit!

#157 txbrideinmexico

txbrideinmexico
              • 92 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

Thanks everyone!

We are looking at a date in May 2013 right now which is very soon, but it happens to work with all the schedules we are trying to work around... So much to do if we go with that!

Where are yall having your receptions? I was told the options for our date are a ballroom, the terrace or the beach.

Alicia, I can't wait to hear all about your site visit! We are not planning to do one so any information is hugely appreciated! :)

#158 mandjphoto

mandjphoto
                • 89 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Whichever location you choose, make sure you ask the hotel about back up locations for bad weather. We shot several weddings in April and May last year. April tends to be warm and dry, but the end of May was pretty wet.

One hotel was prepared for the bad weather, another was not and it was a long wet night for the wedding party.

So, ask now if you are getting married during the months when it tends to rain (late May - October).

Good luck,

M&J

#159 Kaitlyn Wawryko

Kaitlyn Wawryko
                  • 51 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

Does anyone know how good they are with large groups? Im looking at 40-45 people now which i had no idea since many said they couldnt make it and now they are joining us. My coordinator doesnt sou d too happy and is pushing me to get the ultimate luxury package when i dont think its needed. I just wanted to pay the $10 a plate extra for the guests since it would work out cheaper anyway.

#160 mizpriya

mizpriya
                    • 268 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Wawryko 

Does anyone know how good they are with large groups? Im looking at 40-45 people now which i had no idea since many said they couldnt make it and now they are joining us. My coordinator doesnt sou d too happy and is pushing me to get the ultimate luxury package when i dont think its needed. I just wanted to pay the $10 a plate extra for the guests since it would work out cheaper anyway.

Hey Kaitlyn, I had seen a bride recently in one of the forums who had her wedding and had about 100 people come to her wedding. She didn't report any complaints about it...just a slow check it and maybe some complaints of where people were roomed. That's waaaay more people than what you have though.... they should be able to accomodate. We have about 30 people attending ours...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users