Photo

2013 Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun Brides

• Please log in to reply
1449 replies to this topic

#1371 MOrdonez

MOrdonez
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

We leave in 14hrs!!!!! I can't believe it's finally here..... So excited ....... and trying not to look at the weather forecast   :)

THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL THE PAST BRIDES WITH YOUR ADVICE......IT HAS HELPED A TON!

#1372 MOrdonez

MOrdonez
    • 180 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

OOPS!  *FOR YOUR ADVICE

#1373 mariposa6102

mariposa6102
      • 66 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by chirobride 

Hi I am getting married at the Royal in Oct 14 but I am researching photographers and videographers and becoming quite overwhelmed I would appreciate it so much if you could PM me the spreadsheet as well...also how far in advance from your date did you book your photographer?

Hi there.  I am going to attach the spreadsheet onto this post.  If for some reason you or others cannot open it, send me an email at mhuerta.6102@gmail.com and I'd be more than happy to send it your way.  As for your question about when I booked, I booked Octavio Montes about 6 months before our wedding (wedding was in Nov and I booked him in May).  I would suggest booking no less than 6 months before....the sooner the better.  I contacted almost everyone on the list in April and for the most part, everyone except one photographer was available for our Nov date.  Hope that gives you a better idea.

#1374 Betsy2014

Betsy2014
        • 7 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MrsWilletteToBe View Post

Agreed--the flower thing is made so much harder when it's a DW...not only because it feels like a waste of money when people can't take the flowers with them, but also just getting answers and quotes from people over there!! :( I'm actually in the middle of a tug-a-war with my WC Katia because she decided to be out of the office for like 4 weeks and not answer any emails, so I emailed her supervisor and have been getting a slow trickle of answers from her; to get a quote from the resort florist has been a huge headache.  Katia's supervisor keeps sending these ridiculously big and expensive arrangements when I've already shown her pictures of my centerpieces which are small and could not hold an arrangement that big.  I had initially considered using Maya Floral, but after one exchange from Marvin, he never wrote back to me and that was months ago even after I sent follow up emails--it was super unprofessional so I will not be giving him my business.  I'm still considering just finding a different local florist and getting the flowers dropped off outside to avoid the fee and the all around expensiveness/unresponsiveness of the resort florist. 

I agree...they are very unprofessional.. is really a frustration to deal with them How about contacting the big boss of the manager.  she must have a boss that you can let them know how unprofessional they are go higher than the supervisor.

#1375 katiehenderson

katiehenderson
          • 13 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

Do you guys know which is the better beach area to have the ceremony? The trade winds beach or the beach by the gazebo? I'm stressed out actually putting the down payment when I haven't even been there to look at the place!

#1376 crcombs

crcombs
            • 22 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

Do you guys know which is the better beach area to have the ceremony? The trade winds beach or the beach by the gazebo? I'm stressed out actually putting the down payment when I haven't even been there to look at the place!

Katie I am getting married July 2015 at the Gran Caribe on the beach and I did my deposit last month. We are planning a site visit in May of next year so hopefully if I am not happy with some things I can choose a plan B. I really wanted to get married in the Gazebo but the max is 60 ppl. I don't think I will have more than that but didn't want to take any chances and then have no reserved place.

#1377 Emily11386

Emily11386
              • Site Supporter
              • 244 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

Hey ladies, I'm wondering if anyone who got married earlier this year had their pictures from Ivan Luckie yet. I got married May 10th. I'm really hoping to use some of the wedding pictures in Christmas presents but we don't have them yet. I spoke with him at the beginning of last month and he said he was working on April weddings. I don't want to bother him because I don't want him to rush through ours just to get them to us. Thanks in advance!
                May 10, 2013 at The Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun
                33 adults (including bride & groom) and 3 kids booked!

#1378 BridetobeABCD

BridetobeABCD
                • 221 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

I am getting married in January and have hired a photographer. He told me that I will receive my photos all edited and albums before I leave to go home!!! Does this sound right ?

#1379 meowybells

meowybells
                  • 68 posts
                  • Wedding Date:May 8, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:Gran Caribe Real
                  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

We leave in 14hrs!!!!! I can't believe it's finally here..... So excited ....... and trying not to look at the weather forecast   :) THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL THE PAST BRIDES WITH YOUR ADVICE......IT HAS HELPED A TON!

Yay!! Enjoy your big day!! :D

#1380 Mikecantarell

Mikecantarell

Insiders

• Insiders
                  • 338 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

Hello, planning a wedding can be very stressing, but a destination wedding can be even more, so take a deep breath and enjoy it. You can take a look at this real wedding that took place at Riviera Maya. We really like to capture those very special moments and make them last forever!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users