2013 Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun Brides

Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Wawryko View Post

OH!! I just seen a post about the resort photographer... thought i would put in another thumbs down.... hate to say it but he was not very good. They give you a few photos with the luxury package and I am so glad i brought my own. The videographer was great tho! he stayed down and out of the way so my guests could see us. His video was wonderful!

Who was your photographer? Your pictures were great!

5 hours prior to wedding. Time goes by so fast. Trust me when I tell you this. That way your not rushed.  I just got married June 5th 2013. They do a good job at the salon. They have pictures of up do's you can pick from. They pin up your hair so good it won't move one bit.  I'm really picky, I couldn't believe I liked my hair. Good luck.

Originally Posted by monicamb View Post

5 hours prior to wedding. Time goes by so fast. Trust me when I tell you this. That way your not rushed.  I just got married June 5th 2013. They do a good job at the salon. They have pictures of up do's you can pick from. They pin up your hair so good it won't move one bit.  I'm really picky, I couldn't believe I liked my hair. Good luck.

Good to know! I don't have any bridesmaids but I do have a ton of hair so I am starting at noon for my 4 p.m. wedding lol I have a few ideas of how I want my up do but not 100% sure so I am super glad that they show you pictures from which to pick.

Hey ladies!! So far, we booked Ivan Luckie after many, many great reviews on here--his crew will also be doing our video.  Our Luxury Package comes with some pictures and a video but the reviews were wayyyy too poor for us to take a chance.  We also have DJ Doremixxx for our reception, again because of all the great reviews :) We'll be extending the reception till 10 and then hitting the bars/clubs after for a change of venue to keep the party going!

My next thing will just be figuring out the flowers.  I really want tall centerpieces but it seems like they will be pricey with or without the resort doing them--2 outside florists quoted me some crazy amounts and even with all the great reviews on Marvin from Maya Floral, he has been unresponsive after I asked him for some more budget friendly options.  guess he doesn't want the business!  if we can't get a decent price from someone, my mom will be bringing silk flowers and centerpiece risers to create my centerpieces.

We have 16 people booked already! 4 at the Royal and the rest at GCR (we are staying at the Royal so that we can use their ballroom--during our site visit, we realized how much nicer it was and how it did not smell of mold like the GCR ones did).  From what other brides have said, you can definitely make it so you spend time with guests at both hotels pretty easily so that's what we plan on doing.  we have one couple so far that wants to stay at the Marriott (to use their points) but have offered to pay their own guest passes so we are ok with that.  However, my WC Katia said that we as the couple have to pay for the guest passes in our final payment--previously I had thought that the guests purchased them themselves at the front desk, so heads up on that! :)

My wedding dress has arrived at the shop, I ordered my veil and shoes so now it's time to find bridal jewelry--any suggestions?? OH also, there is a Gran Caribe/Royal 2014 Brides thread that has been started too in case you want to find other 2014 brides! :)

FYI: I had read all the post on this site prior to my wedding July 5. I just wanted to warn those of you. I decided not to purchase video because I went with an outside photographer & paid vendor fee. I had read on here that they video anyways and you can buy DVD for way cheaper. So as with all the other great tips I thought great! Well the day of I paid no mind due to all the other things going on and seemed as if cameras where every where. Come to find out Paty told videographer no need to come since I had hired Juan. Thank god for my hubby. He gave one of the kids our video camera. She recorded whole thing. Buy video. You miss the first half of wedding. Which was our baby walking down aisle. I had to hide behind building and could here all the awhs

Music: we chose to spend $ on this and super glad we did. The single Mexican guitarist was perfect. That's why I wanted hear the video to listen to his beautiful music again during ceremony and it is awesome. So glad we didn't do mp3. We also had mariachis during cocktail hour that did good and looks great for our pics. So nice in there cream suits on beach. Nice Mexican touch. Dj doremixx did good for reception. I would not have waisted the 1,200$$$$ on the fireworks. It is literally like 5 that go off. We all went outside to a big balcony to see and by time people realized what was going on they are over. Kind off embarrassing causes all stood starring up waiting for more.