2013 Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun Brides

We flew

Where /what airline did u fly thru to get there. Did the airline give you any hassles with flying w your dress? What did u do w it?
We flew united and another bride and I took up a luggage bin above with our dresses only. No problem! Well he hated carrying it. So on way back I packed it. We had 1 half year old, and lots luggage.

Good one

Also, for all the former brides, how much time should we give ourselves on our wedding day to get the mani/pedi, hair and makeup done at the resort??
! So I read all this stuff & thought I was so prepared. Then big day came I couldn't find salon next door. Yes Paty told me the few days before but I spent whole day chilling in pool with family not stressing over nothing on my mind. I literally had tell myself the night before I'm getting married tomorrow. So any who. I wanted do mani/pedi , hair, makeup. Well come to find out they say to do nails day before. Then day of hair makeup. So I got nervous. I was late then I couldn't be sure how wanted my hair. I had shell bobypins & wanted beachy look. So I then was rushed back at 3:30 the photographer was waiting in my suite to do pics. I felt frantic then. Thank god for Paty. She told me what to do. So I think I would book it an hour earlier. Mine 1:00 for ceremony at 4:30. I didn't have time take pics I wanted & felt lost. Get Janed. She did great makeup compared to other lady.

Don't remind me

Thx for the info.  Could you explain a little bit more about what you mean that the "have to go through you"?  Does that mean you have to put in the order and your guest will be paying you back?  How did you ask your asking?  I'm going back and forth whether I should ask them to pay for it and if so, how to be polite about it. When I was told about outside guests need day passes, I was under the impression that it was $99.  Is that the price that the resort is honoring?  What's the price now?
...we ended up having 17 outside guest. Days before we left the list kept growing. We paid for people we knew and one couple invited there friends so they gave us $200 for them. At first before final payment I kept complaining about extr $ and I had make more favors. But the reception was a blast with those extra guest. Wedding got to 54 and it made it more fun. The hotel sells out in summer so it is very likely pep Le will decide to go after you boom group & they will have no choice but to stay else where.

So I had my wedding back in April. Resort was lovely and very clean. Drinks, activities were all 5*. Food on the other hand was by far the worst iv had at any resort in mexico. Sadly all my guests got sick on multiple occasions and we found ourselves eating across the street at the AMAZING italian restaurant. So when you go there bring lots of immodium and pepto. My wedding went so perfect and couldnt ask for a better day! Flora was my onsite coordinater and she had absolutely everything under control.my guests said the food at the wedding was the best at the resort so far..I on the other had couldnt eat since my stomach had been in knots from the past couple days eating resort food. One tip tho to save some cash do not..I repeat do not buy the lounge furniture they offer for 250. I wanted my wedding to be fun and relaxing and the resort took their crappy old beat up furniture from the lobby. The photo they showed me was beautiful white chairs with blue cusions anda nice table with a candle on it. I was pissed! It was a huge eye sore and no one sat on them. If your thinking about getting upgrades....dont....I myself am so bloody picky and want what I want for my big day and honestly they do better work keeping things simple because when they try to upgrade they make things look a little tacky...so the more simple decorations are much nicer. I had a hair and makeup trial done and it came out perfect the first time but when I went back on my wedding day it came out completely different and I brought the same pictures and everything lol I was ok with this because these girls are so talented! It was beautiful and it didnt move all day/night and it was pretty windy. Well all in all my day was perfect and I know your girls day will be the same! Congrats to you all and hope my info has helped a bit :) if you have facebook my name is kaitlyn mcevoy and iv made my wedding albums public if you would like to see!
Kaitlyn! I love your pictures !! I am getting married January 2014. I have done a site visit last winter as a vacation and that is when we decided to get married at THE Royal. We are having half our guests stay at the royal and half at the gran caribe. Your wedding looked flawless! May I ask what your timeline was like? From morning to night? Which photographer did you choose? Also what were your menu choices for the cocktail hour a dinner? What flavour of cake did you choose!? Was everything yummy? Your dress is stunning!! I tried that dress on while trying to find my dress. It's breathtaking !! That's really too bad that you got sick :( you can't even tell in your pictures!!! A wonderful wedding !!! Xoxo

Originally Posted by Jeizzca View Post

Hi ladies! Have any of you booked/used an outside vendor for photography? If so, who?

I booked Octavio Montes.  He has great reviews, great portfolio and good reasonable prices.  His 6 hour session, which is what I booked, will come out cheaper than what the resort is offering, even with the outside vendor fee. 

I research on a handful of photographers in the area and compared packages and prices.  I have all my notes in a spread sheet that has all this info.  If you like, I could send it to you.  You can email me at mhuerta.6102@gmail.com and I can email you back with my notes if you like.  This invite goes to any other bride who's shopping around for a photographer welcome.gif

Hi mariposa! I will take you up on that offer! I've read not so good reviews of the resort photographer (Funever). Your info will be very helpful! Ill be emailing you from msl4@ualberta.ca. Thanks a ton!!! :D

my menu

tropical salad

tuscan cream soup ( they made heart shaped croutons SO CUTE!!)

main was beef medallion ( family is from alberta so they needed beef lol)

Apple tart for dessert (amazing!!)

Then my wedding cake was Vanilla with the fondont over top. Went with something simple and light for the cake since it was a big 4 course meal. And omg the only thing i could really eat a full piece of was the cake... so dang good!!! My tummy was turning the whole day and i inhaled that piece of cake lol so light, tasty and fluffy! *drool*. I had 50 guests and the standard cake was PLENTY! I wasnt crazy about the look of the standard cakes in the pictures but they were beautiful and are much bigger in person. So it will feed all your guests plus more! I had my ceremony on the beach as well as cocktail hour then my reception was on top of the buffet and couldnt ask for a better spot! the buildings blocked most of the wind which was really nice and the stars!! Wow!  plus we had a full moon that night so the lighting was perfect! My girls and I started getting ready at 10am since they only had 3 chairs and i had 5 bridesmaids plus myself. I loved starting early because i wasnt rushed and had time to enjoy hanging out with the girls before i walked down the aisle. plus it made extra time for getting ready pics. It seemed early but man that was the fastest day of my life sadly lol I also extended my reception an extra hour...wishing i extended it by 2. If you have any other questions please let me know!

OH!! I just seen a post about the resort photographer... thought i would put in another thumbs down.... hate to say it but he was not very good. They give you a few photos with the luxury package and I am so glad i brought my own. The videographer was great tho! he stayed down and out of the way so my guests could see us. His video was wonderful!

Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Wawryko View Post

my menu

tropical salad

tuscan cream soup ( they made heart shaped croutons SO CUTE!!)

main was beef medallion ( family is from alberta so they needed beef lol)

Apple tart for dessert (amazing!!)

Then my wedding cake was Vanilla with the fondont over top. Went with something simple and light for the cake since it was a big 4 course meal. And omg the only thing i could really eat a full piece of was the cake... so dang good!!! My tummy was turning the whole day and i inhaled that piece of cake lol so light, tasty and fluffy! *drool*. I had 50 guests and the standard cake was PLENTY! I wasnt crazy about the look of the standard cakes in the pictures but they were beautiful and are much bigger in person. So it will feed all your guests plus more! I had my ceremony on the beach as well as cocktail hour then my reception was on top of the buffet and couldnt ask for a better spot! the buildings blocked most of the wind which was really nice and the stars!! Wow!  plus we had a full moon that night so the lighting was perfect! My girls and I started getting ready at 10am since they only had 3 chairs and i had 5 bridesmaids plus myself. I loved starting early because i wasnt rushed and had time to enjoy hanging out with the girls before i walked down the aisle. plus it made extra time for getting ready pics. It seemed early but man that was the fastest day of my life sadly lol I also extended my reception an extra hour...wishing i extended it by 2. If you have any other questions please let me know!

Thx so much for you food input.  Very helpful!  And I saw your cake in your photos (btw, thx for sharing....everything looked wonderful and amazing!) and it looked very pretty.  And you're right, it looks a lot bigger in your photos than the photos of the standard cakes that my planner sent me.  Glad to hear it was plenty for all of your 50 guests.

How lucky are you to have had a full moon on your evening!  Must of added such great light!  I'm so checking the moon calendar now to see if we'll have that same luck =).  Quick question....when did you guys decide on extending your party and extra hour?  Was that planned or was it the day of?  I know they charge you if you set it up that way.  Just wondering if the hotel kinda "gives" u and extra hour if u decide last min.  Wishful thinking......