2013 Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun Brides

Thank you Ladies! Here is the florist info. Vanessajaimes.com / info@vanessajaimes.com. She will meet you at the lobby the day of your wedding so you do not have to pay the vendor fee. I met her on our site visit and she was very professional and speaks English fluently. I definitely recommend her, the bridesmaid bouquets with her were only $40.00 and at the resort there $80 usd! I did two smaller flower arrangements on each tables to complement the lanterns and they were only $30 each. The laterns I brought them :) As for the violinist I thought he was just enough, it was loud enough without being overbearing and it was included in the package. My photographer info is http://citlallirico.smallfolio.com/ info@citlallirico.com. Citlalli was very sweet and laid back which I liked. She's one of those photographers that let's you enjoy yourself and is not pushy. She has won numerous awards and her pricing is very fair. For 6 hours she charged 2500 and she gave my an extra hr, so really 7 hours. I went with the GCR video service as well for that reason. I should receive the video in two weeks so ill keep you girls posted on how it turns out. Good luck ladies and don't hesitate to ask questions!

thanks MRSGUINOVART for the info!! :)

For brides who got married at one of the gazebos using a nondenominational minister, can you explain what the ceremony is like and how long it was? I'm catholic and we have the chapel reserved, but my fiancé's annulment might not go through in time for us to have a catholic ceremony so I wanted to know what the nondenominational Christian ceremony is like in case we have to do that.  Thanks!!

Originally Posted by MrsWilletteToBe View Post

Hi girls!

Has anyone done the Luxury Package at GCR?? What were the pros and cons of it??

I haven't had my wedding yet but I got the luxury package. When I priced out the classic package and included the extras I wanted and the # of guests I'm having (35-45) it made sense to the luxury package and actually ended up being cheaper. 

I'm not getting/doing everything that comes with the package but it still made sense for me. I'd say if you plan to have around 40+ people and want to a private reception it's worth it, otherwise it might not be, I think it depends on what you want and how big your party is.

Originally Posted by hclibby1982 View Post

I haven't had my wedding yet but I got the luxury package. When I priced out the classic package and included the extras I wanted and the # of guests I'm having (35-45) it made sense to the luxury package and actually ended up being cheaper. 

I'm not getting/doing everything that comes with the package but it still made sense for me. I'd say if you plan to have around 40+ people and want to a private reception it's worth it, otherwise it might not be, I think it depends on what you want and how big your party is.

Same here! We are expecting about 80 and the luxury package definitely had all of the extras I would've wanted to have anyway. oh and it looks like your big day is the day before mine--yayyy! are you getting married at the chapel or gazebo?

Hello Ladies! 

So I just received quotes from both GCR and The Royal. But I can't make up my mind! The GCR will be more affordable for my guests but I am really nervous about all of the negative reviews that I have read about the rooms, food, service, and overall grounds. I want my guests to enjoy the resort if they are paying so much and that is why I am leaning toward The Royal. However, is it really right to pick The Royal when the GCR is right next door and cheaper?? I just don't know what to do and its driving me insane. 

Originally Posted by Billandstina View Post

Are you having kids?

No kids. I've also thought about blocking rooms at both and allowing my guests to choose but I am not sure about that either. 

I think I am just going to go with the Gran Caribe and have my wedding planner fly there with me to fight for me in the case that anything goes wrong. No use having everyone pay so much more. This nerve-racking but I hope it feels better once the decision is made! :D