2013 Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun Brides

Hey gang!

I posted my review from the wedding here: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/gran-caribe-real-resort-spa-all-inclusive/reviews/7229

I shall post pics as soon as I get them for you. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions at all! Good luck with the planning...and remember...it'll all turn out great! Trust me...I know!

Hi guys. I just came back from my visit to Gran Caribe and I thought their venues were beautiful (it would actually be hard to pick one). I really like the fact that all my guests can be in the shade if we decide to get married at one of the gazebos. 

However, all these hidden fees discussion is making me second guess whether I'm better off paying more somewhere else like Beach Palace. I was wondering, after all is said and done, would you get married there again? What are the most common/frustrating hidden fees? 

Hi guys. I just came back from my visit to Gran Caribe and I thought their venues were beautiful (it would actually be hard to pick one). I really like the fact that all my guests can be in the shade if we decide to get married at one of the gazebos.  However, all these hidden fees discussion is making me second guess whether I'm better off paying more somewhere else like Beach Palace. I was wondering, after all is said and done, would you get married there again? What are the most common/frustrating hidden fees? 
I was wondering the same as Kelly in the post above. Hidden fees or additional fees? You mentioned the venues were beautiful. How were the rooms? Thanks for your feedback!

Originally Posted by TinkerSofi View Post

Hi guys. I just came back from my visit to Gran Caribe and I thought their venues were beautiful (it would actually be hard to pick one). I really like the fact that all my guests can be in the shade if we decide to get married at one of the gazebos. 

However, all these hidden fees discussion is making me second guess whether I'm better off paying more somewhere else like Beach Palace. I was wondering, after all is said and done, would you get married there again? What are the most common/frustrating hidden fees? 

Hi Tinkersofi,

I would get married again there (not that I would remarry or anything lol) but I still would. I think the most common ones would be the fee that you have to pay to have a break for photos between the ceremony and reception time. They asked for $400 or you pay for a cocktail hour. Didn't want a cocktail hour because all my guests stayed on the resort and it's all-inclusive for crying out loud! Mind you, I did argue for them to waive this fee for me. The rational behind them doing this is because if you have guests that do not stay on the resort (outside guests) then they need to cover the fact that they might take advantage of the drinks and food of the resort. So I managed to get them to waive it on the grounds that all my guests are ON the resort and I only needed an hour for us to take pics with the guests and us as a couple. It was frustrating, but it was worth the fight since we won.

The other fee that they don't outright tell is the $350 vendor fee...and that is per vendor, not per person ok. Just to clarify.

Those are really the only hidden fees that we came across. It wasn't that big of a deal really. We went with the free package so it really didn't matter much. And we did it a la carte style. So for us, it didn't amount to much in the end. Yes they should be more clear and specific on their documentation about all these things, but really, it wasn't that bad in my opinion. The break in events fee was the only one of concern. You really still save wayyyy more money doing it this way than an at home wedding. Put it this way, you now know what to expect when dealing with them from reading this. Gran Caribe is inexpensive for you and guests compared to going to Beach Palace (we were looking at them at the beginning as an option but Gran Caribe cost us a lot less!). You might have to put in some time to deal with them to waive fees. but from our experience, it was worth it. Just reason with them, and be respectful when dealing with them, and you can work it out. I told them I wouldn't sign the contract unless they waived that fee and everything else was a negotiation.

That's my two cents!

Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 View Post

I was wondering the same as Kelly in the post above. Hidden fees or additional fees?

You mentioned the venues were beautiful. How were the rooms?

Thanks for your feedback!

Rooms were great! We did the Gran Master Ocean View suite. Even the standard rooms were nice.

To follow up on TinkerSofi question about "hidden fees" and mizpriya "2 cents", the resort also charges an additional $400 if you get married on a Fri-Sat-Sun after 4pm....can't remember if Thurs was included in that.  Again, that's not that huge of a deal.  But it can give you a better idea of what day you actually want to get married.

Originally Posted by mariposa6102 View Post

To follow up on TinkerSofi question about "hidden fees" and mizpriya "2 cents", the resort also charges an additional $400 if you get married on a Fri-Sat-Sun after 4pm....can't remember if Thurs was included in that.  Again, that's not that huge of a deal.  But it can give you a better idea of what day you actually want to get married.

We got married on a Tuesday

Originally Posted by mizpriya View Post

We got married on a Tuesday

Hi mizpriya,

Thanks again for the detailed review - It looks like you had an incredible day.

Just wondering.... you said the food was great....other than the vegetarian dishes, what other dishes did you have on your menu?

Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by MOrdonez View Post

Hi mizpriya,

Thanks again for the detailed review - It looks like you had an incredible day.

Just wondering.... you said the food was great....other than the vegetarian dishes, what other dishes did you have on your menu?

Thanks so much!

Nevermind  :)  I see that you just answered this on your review post for another blogger - Thanks!