2013 Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun Brides

Originally Posted by txbrideinmexico View Post

I don't know if anyone else has figured this one out since it wasn't communicated very well, but for an extra $10 per person you can get a buffet menu for the reception. It appears to have a lot more food. This is the same as the extra charge to do soup and salad so if there is as much food as a buffet usually has it should be well worth it. I know some prefer plated dinners, but we wanted to go with variety and quantity and don't mind people serving themselves.

Also the cocktail hour thing is BS, but I think since we have open bar coming right up I'm going to opt to save the money there. Half of our guests will be taking pictures at that point anyway...

Also, for photographers we booked Sascha Gluck. He has great reviews on here and the examples of his work in the the chapel are gorgeous! I guess I shouldn't post his price here but I thought it was pretty reasonable. He charges by the hour and you get a certain number of prints for each hour with that price. I also priced out Del Sol and while they do lovely work it was a bit out of my price range.

Did you choose the buffet option? I was told i had to have a minimum of 50 guests, and it would be an additional $30/ per first 30 guests, then $50 for the remaining 20+. I was interested in the buffet as my family and friends are big eaters. Until I heard the price I completely shut that option out. Please advise if you were told addition $10/per person for buffet option.

Hi LADIES, I'm torn between Dj Mannia or Dj Doremixx. Any suggestions? I've heard one of the two had provided cold fireworks, face masks, white balloons etc. I don't remember where I saw this so I don't remember which dj it was that was mentioned. I'm sure both of them are great DJ's and MC's, so at this point, whoever provides the fun service or fireworks and such, gets my vote. 
We booked Doremixx and from what I've heard he's amazing and brings all the fun stuff! Can't wait to see how it all happens June 15th! :)

Originally Posted by BeachBumLesley View Post

Did you choose the buffet option? I was told i had to have a minimum of 50 guests, and it would be an additional $30/ per first 30 guests, then $50 for the remaining 20+. I was interested in the buffet as my family and friends are big eaters. Until I heard the price I completely shut that option out. Please advise if you were told addition $10/per person for buffet option.

Hi Lesley,

Which buffet did you request? I had to tell her which one I wanted before I was quoted. But the PDF sheet had prices listed and I think only a handful were more expensive. I was told to add $10 for each guest. So, for the first 30 guests it's $25 and the remaining will cost $40. We chose the international buffet 2. We were also told minimum of 50 guests.

Hey for those of you who paid their final payment, have you been in touch with your onsite WC? Elsa said she would send an email introducing us to each other but I haven't seen anything yet and it's about a week away before we leave. Not sure how the process works, but thought I'd ask if any of you had any experience thus far.

Originally Posted by Emily11386 View Post

I got an answer yesterday. I had to send in what the drink was and she showed it to the chef. I gave her 3 options to see which they could do. She told me they could do any of them, just to let her know which we want and that there was no additional charge! I almost fell over when I read that! I think it's the only time I've seen the words, no additional charge from them...lol

WOW that's a shocker! well, good to know!....my wedding is comin up as well..June 30th at the Gran Caribe Real...so stressed!!! I don't know how i am getting my huge princess dress there..I called Jet blue,who we are flying with, to ask them if they had somewhere that they could hang my dress in the plane and they said no..its definately not going to fit in a small luggage to go in the overhead compartment, and i am definately not checking it! Has anyone else had this dilema?

Originally Posted by deeaay View Post

WOW that's a shocker! well, good to know!....my wedding is comin up as well..June 30th at the Gran Caribe Real...so stressed!!! I don't know how i am getting my huge princess dress there..I called Jet blue,who we are flying with, to ask them if they had somewhere that they could hang my dress in the plane and they said no..its definately not going to fit in a small luggage to go in the overhead compartment, and i am definately not checking it! Has anyone else had this dilema?

Hey deeaay...

Sorry I can't help you there. I can't believe there are airlines that don't let you carry on your wedding dress! That's ridiculous! Can't they make an exception considering you are getting married? Or maybe even let you pay for the extra carry on item (being your dress)?

QUESTION:

Do any of you have guests staying at THE Royal and at The Gran Caribe? How are you finding this?

Originally we wanted all of our guests at THE Royal however it looks like we will be opening up the option for guests to stay at wither THE Royal or the Gran Caribe - due to pricing and children.

I am just stressed and feel bad that those who will be staying at the Gran Caribe will not be able to participate in any daytime/night time activities that will be at THE Royal. (BRIDE AND GROOM ARE STAYING AT THE ROYAL).

Any advice would be so helpful as I am very stressed about opening it up to both resorts ....

Thank You So Much

xoxox

The question above mine made me think of something to point out to everyone.

There is at least one other resort with Royal in the name in Cancun. We have a travel agent working with us so 90% of our guests booked through her and there was no problem. However, my Uncle tried to book through his timeshare and they booked them at the wrong resort. The only way he figured it out was he asked a question about the all inclusive and that "Royal In Cancun" did not offer it or something. Thank goodness! It was very stressful when I realized I would feel obligated to purchase all four of them day passes for every dang day so they would be a part of everything...

Anyway, it all worked out but I wanted to make sure you guys know so you can stress to any guests who might be booking through a third party...

Originally Posted by mizpriya View Post

Hey for those of you who paid their final payment, have you been in touch with your onsite WC? Elsa said she would send an email introducing us to each other but I haven't seen anything yet and it's about a week away before we leave. Not sure how the process works, but thought I'd ask if any of you had any experience thus far.

@ Mizpriya:  My wedding is a day after your and I was also told that I would receive an email...... I got tired of waiting for the email so I just emailed her myself.  She seems to be very helpful and she answered the very next day.  I would just email her instead of waiting around for them to reach out.  Good luck.

Originally Posted by deeaay View Post

My wedding is coming up at the end of this month, and we are also flying Jetblue!!! I'll let you know how it goes.  When I called them, they informed me that they don't have closets (wth)and the employees only have drawers. Lol! I advised them that I will be carring on my dress as if it's a jacket because I'm not willing to give up my carry on (it's bad enough you only get one check-in).  I may not have a choice and will have to carry my dress on my lap but I don't trust checking it in and I'm not putting it in a small ass suitcase so hopefully it works out and they don't try and charge me for it as an additional carry on. ..... I'll keep you posted. =)