Photo

When to send out STDs and Invitations?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#11 AmyG

AmyG
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

I was going to send out my formal invites earlier but my STD's and my website had all the information my guests needed, so my invites are just protocol I guess, lol.   I basically know who is coming and who is not.

I also just figured I would save a stamp and send them out along with my at home party invites.

Originally Posted by ntlsnow 

That is a good idea for the STD. I will get started on mine now then.

As for the formal invites, you are sending those out only 2 months ahead of time? I guess that makes sense. Then you do not have to send them to the people you already know are not going...I like that.

#12 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
    • 400 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

I think that's a great idea, and I may just do the same thing!

Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

49 Guests booked, and counting...

#13 ntlsnow

ntlsnow
      • 204 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:23 AM

Excellent idea Amy, I never thought about sending them out with the AHR invites. Genius. I love to save money anywhere I can. Thank you! - Natalie

Originally Posted by AmyG 

I was going to send out my formal invites earlier but my STD's and my website had all the information my guests needed, so my invites are just protocol I guess, lol.   I basically know who is coming and who is not.

I also just figured I would save a stamp and send them out along with my at home party invites.

#14 favorsmr

favorsmr
        • 178 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:01 AM

Once I have a confirmed date and location, I will send out STDs, even though it will be well over a year in advance.  I would want as much notice as I possibly could to plan vacation time from work, and the expense of the trip.  So I want to provide the same to our guests who really want to come. In the next few weeks we'll narrow down a date and location so we can get them in the mail.

#15 AmyG

AmyG
          • 189 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:33 AM

After I sent mine out a year in advance, so many people told me that they appreciated me giving them so much time to plan so I think if you want to send them out over a year in advance that would be great for your guests!   :-)

Originally Posted by favorsmr 

Once I have a confirmed date and location, I will send out STDs, even though it will be well over a year in advance.  I would want as much notice as I possibly could to plan vacation time from work, and the expense of the trip.  So I want to provide the same to our guests who really want to come. In the next few weeks we'll narrow down a date and location so we can get them in the mail.

#16 AmyG

AmyG
            • 189 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:33 AM

Thank You Natalie!!  I love to save money too!  :-))

Originally Posted by ntlsnow 

Excellent idea Amy, I never thought about sending them out with the AHR invites. Genius. I love to save money anywhere I can. Thank you! - Natalie

#17 favorsmr

favorsmr
              • 178 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:17 AM

Thank you!  That's exactly what our point is in sending them out early.

Originally Posted by AmyG 

After I sent mine out a year in advance, so many people told me that they appreciated me giving them so much time to plan so I think if you want to send them out over a year in advance that would be great for your guests!   :-)

#18 ntlsnow

ntlsnow
                • 204 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:08 AM

I like that idea as well. What information did you put onto your save the dates. I plan on sending mine out in the next 2 weeks (End of January is when I will be getting married).

How far in advance would you send the invitations then too?

Originally Posted by favorsmr 

Thank you!  That's exactly what our point is in sending them out early.

#19 Kim Deslippe

Kim Deslippe
                  • 85 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

We planned on sending out our STD in the next couple weeks, which puts us about a year out from our wedding in Feb 2013.  Our date has been booked and confirmed with our resort but know we are just concerned about pricing because our TA is giving us prices much higher then what he originally estimated.  So, I think we will wait till the beginning of March when we can get official pricing, to send our STD just in case we need to rethink our DW wedding choice, which I will be really disappointed if we have to

I figured on sending out the formal invites about 6 months before, depending on when deposits/final payments are due to book.

STDs included:

- date

- website (where guests can get resort and TA info before the formal invites go out)

Formal invites include:

- date

- resort

- TA info

- website

- RSVP info

#20 JayKay

JayKay
                    • 3,472 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

We sent out our STDS about a year in advance.  We included the resort, and month and year (January 2012).  We did have a date booked with the resort at that time, but because our flight schedules weren't out yet, we thought it would be better to not include a specific date.  In the end we did have to end up changing our wedding date so it was good that we didnt include the specific date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users