Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
aprily24

When to send out STDs and Invitations?

Recommended Posts

We sent out our STDs 14 months in advance just to give everyone a heads up. We'll be sending out the invites 11 months in advance (early!) and giving everyone 3 months to RSVP and put down a deposit in order to secure our group rate. Final payment is due 5 months in advance, so we're doing most things early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Send out electronic save-the-dates with link to our wedding website 13 months in advance.  Planning to send out invitations 3-4 months in advance, with RSVP deadline 2 months in advance.  We are not doing our wedding at a hotel though, so we have no group rate deadlines or booking deposits to worry about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got by a little easy on the STD's! My wedding is going to be while on a cruise...so the STD included the cruise information, but didn't need to include a specific resort quite yet! The STD's are out, people are booked on the cruise and now I'm pricing out resorts for where the ship stops. The invitations will go out in a couple months when I've confirmed the resort! Our wedding date is 12.12.12.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jello View Post

 

Send out electronic save-the-dates with link to our wedding website 13 months in advance.  Planning to send out invitations 3-4 months in advance, with RSVP deadline 2 months in advance.  We are not doing our wedding at a hotel though, so we have no group rate deadlines or booking deposits to worry about. 

This is exactly what I am thinking for a timeline regarding sending out the invitations ~ I guess I'm a little behind with the STD's though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We sent them Save The Dates out last week, so almost a year before our wedding date.  We plan on sending the formal invitations about 5 months before the wedding.  I would definitely have a confirmed date before sending out the Save the Dates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wedding is scheduled March 8, 2014. I am planning to send out the Save the Dates sometime in Jan/Feb after the holiday madness. However, I'm a little confused as to when I should send the invites out? Final payments are due 2 months before the date, I was thinking sometime in like July? Is that too early??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MissJali View Post

 

My wedding is scheduled March 8, 2014. I am planning to send out the Save the Dates sometime in Jan/Feb after the holiday madness. However, I'm a little confused as to when I should send the invites out? Final payments are due 2 months before the date, I was thinking sometime in like July? Is that too early??

I think that's maybe a little too early, but I know people do it.  At the end of the day do what works for you!  I just think the more time you give people, the more they put it off.

 

We sent save the dates about 10 months in advance (believe me, I would have liked to do this earlier, but got push back from FI, FMIL, and my mom - all thought it was way too early and I didn't feel like arguing!  Plus FI and his mom really dragged their feet on getting me addresses, so some didn't even go out until a little later), and will send our formal invitations in January.

 

So for our 6.22.13 wedding, we did:

Save the dates - 8.2012 (10 months in advance)

Formal invitations:  1.2013 (5.5 months in advance)

RSVP Date:  3.1.2013 (3.5 months in advance, but our room block is only held until 3.22.13 and I want people to have time to book)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by agm04 View Post

 

I think that's maybe a little too early, but I know people do it.  At the end of the day do what works for you!  I just think the more time you give people, the more they put it off.

 

We sent save the dates about 10 months in advance (believe me, I would have liked to do this earlier, but got push back from FI, FMIL, and my mom - all thought it was way too early and I didn't feel like arguing!  Plus FI and his mom really dragged their feet on getting me addresses, so some didn't even go out until a little later), and will send our formal invitations in January.

 

So for our 6.22.13 wedding, we did:

Save the dates - 8.2012 (10 months in advance)

Formal invitations:  1.2013 (5.5 months in advance)

RSVP Date:  3.1.2013 (3.5 months in advance, but our room block is only held until 3.22.13 and I want people to have time to book)

 

Your timing sounds great! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

Our wedding is 5/4/13.

We did a electronic STD 13 months in advance 4/4/2012 and

I just mailed our invites today 12/4/12; so 5 months in advance

with an RSVP date of 2/4/13-3 months before the wedding but giving everyone 2 Months to think about it :)

Hope that helps!

Happy planning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our wedding is 19/07/2014. 

 

We sent STDs by email to everyone August 2012 , everyone said it's super organised but appreciated the early head up to plan (we got engaged in March 12, and decided in venues and wedding planner in May 12 already).

 

I'm doing the invitation now to finish by May 13, to get to everyone at the latest September 13. 

 

RSVP will be 6 months in advance so mid of Jan 14 (but I will send reminder by emails again earlier), in the hope that we can push them to book their flights sooner than later, and also because we need to book the welcome dinner and in order to get the discount for boat trip by 6 months in advance (guests paying). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×