2013 Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Brides

• Please log in to reply
649 replies to this topic

#611 Krystal084

Krystal084
  • Site Supporter
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

Katie, I did not know it was possible to have a private reception at the blue moon bar!  Did they charge you anything? Did you have open bar?

#612 katiemck22

katiemck22
    • 8 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

I believe it was $500. That included the open bar and the dj. It was by far the best decision we made. And it was worth every penny

#613 jamielt

jamielt
      • Site Supporter
      • 32 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by katiemck22 

@jamielt. I believe it was $500. That included the dj. We also did the semi private dinner,which was just fine for us. The private reception was by far the best money that we spent. It allowed us to do our first dance and our parent dances too. The dj was good, he played the type if music we told Nicole that we liked. If he didn't have a song that we wanted to hear he just hooked up one of our iPods and played it for us.

This sounds great - definitely the way we've decided to go!!

#614 ChelseaCat802

ChelseaCat802
        • Site Supporter
        • 229 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

Can you do round tables for a non-private reception at Aunt Ruby's? I'm going to have about 50 people. Are they rounds of 8 or 10? Thank you!

#615 heather1214

heather1214
          • 229 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by ChelseaCat802 

Can you do round tables for a non-private reception at Aunt Ruby's? I'm going to have about 50 people. Are they rounds of 8 or 10? Thank you!

We were told no, BUT it seems every bride gets different answers, so that's one I'd get in writing from the WC. The rounds are 10 but we put 8 at each, bc 10 is tight!

We ended up doing a private reception at Calabash.

#616 jamielt

jamielt
            • Site Supporter
            • 32 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

Hi All, I have been patiently awaiting…our wedding date is October 28th... when can I expect to get the final details info from Nicole/Tiffany?  Or, should I be asking them to send it to me at 3 months prior?  I've already created a word doc for them that details our 'wedding vision'.  Is this something I should send to them in advance? 

#617 ChelseaCat802

ChelseaCat802
              • Site Supporter
              • 229 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jamielt 

Hi All, I have been patiently awaiting…our wedding date is October 28th... when can I expect to get the final details info from Nicole/Tiffany?  Or, should I be asking them to send it to me at 3 months prior?  I've already created a word doc for them that details our 'wedding vision'.  Is this something I should send to them in advance? 

I think they said it out 3 months in advance. But they are really slow sometimes. I actually have it if you signed your contract in 2012. What is your email address?

#618 jamielt

jamielt
                • Site Supporter
                • 32 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by ChelseaCat802 

I think they said it out 3 months in advance. But they are really slow sometimes. I actually have it if you signed your contract in 2012. What is your email address?

Yes!! We signed back in Aug. 2012.  Thanks so much - jamietaylor@rogers.com

#619 sfox4214

sfox4214
                  • 67 posts
                  • Wedding Date:May 29, 2013
                  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites - Jamaica
                  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by jamielt 

The wedding coordinators will not send you your final details until 2 months prior, and they will get you back your quote sometime before you leave. I got mine back a few weeks before we left, however I know some brides didn't get their quote back until 2 days before they left. I wouldn't go based on 2012 final details, it does not have the right info on it ... and it will only upset you when they charge you more for everything. It doesn't matter if you signed a contract in 2012 or not, they go based on their final details right now, and they pick and choose what they are going to charge you unfortunately. I received all 2012 prices, but another bride a few days after me was charged a 2012 bonfire price and a 2013 steel pan band price. I was charged 2012 DJ, but many brides around me were charged 2013 pricing. You could give them your "wedding vision" but they won't do much with it, they'll put it in a file until you have your meeting with them the day before the wedding and they'll go over what you can and cannot do. I would ask several questions about your "vision" to make sure you can do everything you want before you go ... that way there are no surprises.

#620 jamielt

jamielt
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 32 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

Thanks for this. Yes, I noticed that the 2012 final details quotes the old packages too. Fingers crossed that the wc will contact me sooner than 2 months out...but I won't hold my breath.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users