2013 Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Brides

Originally Posted by breetuti2 View Post

I would love to see the sheet they sent you! I am plannign for this type of reception as well and have been emailing the hotel to find out pricing and nothing yet! Do you know if they offer buffet? My email is breetuti2@gmail.com

I emailed you what I was sent, but that mainly for the Beach.  Still waiting on info for the Suites.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I got info for the suites.  But now looking at prices for guests, it seems the Suites might be about $500 more a person.

Has anyone found that this is worth it?

Or are the Beach facilities just fine?

Which restaurant would you recommend for reception at Suites, and did you do a semi-private, private, or open?

Heeeeelp! haha :)

Originally Posted by CGervaisToBe View Post

Okay, I got info for the suites.  But now looking at prices for guests, it seems the Suites might be about $500 more a person.

Has anyone found that this is worth it?

Or are the Beach facilities just fine?

Which restaurant would you recommend for reception at Suites, and did you do a semi-private, private, or open?

Heeeeelp! haha :)

I got married at the Suites May 23, but we did our site visit at the Beach last May. After staying at both resorts I will say the food is good at both places and the service is outstanding, however the day passes at the Beach are cheaper for locals so we noticed a lot of that last May.  During our wedding trip just recently, at the Suites, we didn't notice any.

The inside of the rooms at the Suites are also much nicer.  Our room at the Beach was awful (I think this was just bad luck), and considering we went specifically to check the place out, it was bad customer service on their part!  Our room overlooked the lobby roof with astro-turf!

Ultimately, I didn't get married at the Beach mainly because of their wedding coordinator. (who is no longer there, surprise!) We booked a vacation there to see the place and sit with her.  We made an appointment, which she confirmed via email weeks prior and then she was off the entire time we were there!  Nicole at the Suites was so accomodating and gave us a tour on the spot.  I was sold! 

I think overall the Suites is just a nicer upgraded resort. You have to factor in everyone's budget though.  The Beach does just as many weddings a year so I'm sure with the right WC, you will love it!

Our ceremony was on the Lazy River and we did a private reception at Calabash with 50 people.  It was AMAZING! 

Originally Posted by stingerash View Post

Does anyone know if there is a free round of golf included if staying at the suites?

I know if you stay at the Grand, they include a round of golf or two somewhere but I wasn't sure about the suites.

Thanks!!

Not at the Suites!  We had several golfers on the trip with us.  My husband is a huge golfer so the guys went the day of the wedding to Cinnamon Hill, it was $200 per guy but that included everything (and a caddy).  He said it was 100% worth it!

Originally Posted by heather1214 View Post

I got married at the Suites May 23, but we did our site visit at the Beach last May. After staying at both resorts I will say the food is good at both places and the service is outstanding, however the day passes at the Beach are cheaper for locals so we noticed a lot of that last May.  During our wedding trip just recently, at the Suites, we didn't notice any.

The inside of the rooms at the Suites are also much nicer.  Our room at the Beach was awful (I think this was just bad luck), and considering we went specifically to check the place out, it was bad customer service on their part!  Our room overlooked the lobby roof with astro-turf!

Ultimately, I didn't get married at the Beach mainly because of their wedding coordinator. (who is no longer there, surprise!) We booked a vacation there to see the place and sit with her.  We made an appointment, which she confirmed via email weeks prior and then she was off the entire time we were there!  Nicole at the Suites was so accomodating and gave us a tour on the spot.  I was sold! 

I think overall the Suites is just a nicer upgraded resort. You have to factor in everyone's budget though.  The Beach does just as many weddings a year so I'm sure with the right WC, you will love it!

Our ceremony was on the Lazy River and we did a private reception at Calabash with 50 people.  It was AMAZING! 

Thank you for the help!! We will be having about 50 people as well :).  Which menu items did you use at the Calabash? Is it easy enough to just ask your guests what they want and specify beforehand versus subjecting them all to the same item?

Where did you fly from?

I'm still in the silly mindset of over-worrying about how much guests will have to pay, we just really want to keep it below $1600 each if we can, so that's why we were leaning towards the Beach originally... but especially since there will be some children coming, the Suites would be more fun for them we figured.

Ladies who are getting married in summer time... like July/August

What does your special day timeline look like and where will you be having reception?

Our wedding ceremony is planned for 5:30 and we are planning on doing the pictures before the ceremony.

The package we picked have a cocktail hour included.

I was thinking about doing cocktail hour after the ceremony before the dinner...Then dinner and the reception...but not sure where is a good location to do dinner and then reception and also it's a good idea to do a cocktail hour at this time because of timing..

Initially I thought of bonfire but since our date is in mid-July, we think it would be too hot.

Here's what I'm thinking:

3:00 - 4:30 Couple Picture

4:30 - 5:00 Family Picture

5:30 - 6:00 Ceremony (beach)

6:00 - 7:00 Cocktail hour / Sunset Picture (Not sure if this is a good idea to do cocktail hour at this time---)

7:00 - 8:30 Dinner (thinking of Calabash)

8:30 - 10:30 Reception (not sure where... Wonder if we can do reception at Calabash too without having it as a private...? Also is beach reception/party too hot in July? Where else would be a good option for reception without spending extra $$$?)

What do you ladies think?

Originally Posted by Tara Thurau View Post

Ladies who are getting married in summer time... like July/August

What does your special day timeline look like and where will you be having reception?

Our wedding ceremony is planned for 5:30 and we are planning on doing the pictures before the ceremony.

The package we picked have a cocktail hour included.

I was thinking about doing cocktail hour after the ceremony before the dinner...Then dinner and the reception...but not sure where is a good location to do dinner and then reception and also it's a good idea to do a cocktail hour at this time because of timing..

Initially I thought of bonfire but since our date is in mid-July, we think it would be too hot.

Here's what I'm thinking:

3:00 - 4:30 Couple Picture

4:30 - 5:00 Family Picture

5:30 - 6:00 Ceremony (beach)

6:00 - 7:00 Cocktail hour / Sunset Picture (Not sure if this is a good idea to do cocktail hour at this time---)

7:00 - 8:30 Dinner (thinking of Calabash)

8:30 - 10:30 Reception (not sure where... Wonder if we can do reception at Calabash too without having it as a private...? Also is beach reception/party too hot in July? Where else would be a good option for reception without spending extra $$$?)

What do you ladies think?

It appears that the packages are different now, so I'm not sure what your choices are! We couldn't do a reception at Calabash unless we had it private.   We saved on Cocktail Hour by inviting our guests to the lobby bar, because cocktail was not included in anything on the old packages. That was the only place we saved any $, everything else was an "extra charge".   Good Luck!!

Originally Posted by CGervaisToBe View Post

Thank you for the help!! We will be having about 50 people as well :).  Which menu items did you use at the Calabash? Is it easy enough to just ask your guests what they want and specify beforehand versus subjecting them all to the same item?

Where did you fly from?

I'm still in the silly mindset of over-worrying about how much guests will have to pay, we just really want to keep it below $1600 each if we can, so that's why we were leaning towards the Beach originally... but especially since there will be some children coming, the Suites would be more fun for them we figured.

We did a Jerk Chicken app, Caesar Salad, Surf & Turf (tenderloin & shrimp as lobster was not in season in May) and they had a choice at dinner between apple pie or brownie (and everyone had wedding cake).  We did a vegetarian option of pasta primevera.  I asked Nicole for all of this and she was ok with it.

I didn't want to bother with several different choices.  We only had 2 vegetarian so dinner went really smoothly.   They just made their choice on the Response Card. 

We had 2 groups, 1 group of us (22 total) flew from Philly, Sunday-Saturday was $3078 per couple with flight.  The other "group" flew all different times/airports so I'm not sure.  We locked in our rate early in the process so all of the guests coming in on Sunday got that rate.

Awesome, thanks! We are beginning to discuss making our invites, the FI and I... wondering about the best way to do this. In order to get a good quote, we need a good estimation on the group count for the travel agent. But we won't really know that until we get RSVPs back from the invites. But we really wanted to send pricing info WITH the invites... lol. Ideas? I was just going to ask people personally if they are thinking they will come or not, get the group quote, then send that out with the invites. Did you guys have people mail back RSVPs or just email? We sent out Save the Dates last month :) won't do invites until later this year!

Awesome, thanks! We are beginning to discuss making our invites, the FI and I... wondering about the best way to do this. In order to get a good quote, we need a good estimation on the group count for the travel agent. But we won't really know that until we get RSVPs back from the invites. But we really wanted to send pricing info WITH the invites... lol. Ideas? I was just going to ask people personally if they are thinking they will come or not, get the group quote, then send that out with the invites. Did you guys have people mail back RSVPs or just email? We sent out Save the Dates last month :) won't do invites until later this year!
The way my travel agent advised is to book the minimum, which is 10 rooms, and then as people are calling in, if we feel we need more rooms, to book more. That's what we are planning on doing. We have guesstimate of number of guests because we are doing close family and friends only but you never know....