Jump to content

Photo

2013 Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Brides


  • Please log in to reply
649 replies to this topic

#551 heather1214

heather1214
  • Jr. Member
  • 229 posts

    Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

    Originally Posted by JRWedding 

    Thanks for touching on this because I'm really confused by the wedding package overview. When you paid $800 to rent Calabash for $50+ people, did you also have to pay an additional cost per person for every guest over the 20 that are included in the wedding package? It's not clear to me whether the $800 space rental is flat or if I'm looking at that plus an extra $20-$45 per person depending on the property they're staying at. 

    I just got back from my wedding and the pricing went like this:

     

    Blessed by the Sea (We married in the states) $1800 (for 8 people)

    $18 additional for anyone over 8 (we had 42 additional to pay for)

    $800 to rent reception space (flat rate)

    $10 per hour per person for open bar

     

    I'm not sure what wedding package you are looking at but there are usually additional costs for guests over what is included in the package.



    #552 heather1214

    heather1214
    • Jr. Member
    • 229 posts

      Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:41 AM

      A sneak peak of some family photos for the lazy river ceremony! Our day turned out better than I could have ever imagined!  

       

       

       



      #553 CourtandMatt

      CourtandMatt
      • Jr. Member
      • 366 posts

        Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

        CONGRATS Heather!!

        Originally Posted by heather1214 

        A sneak peak of some family photos for the lazy river ceremony! Our day turned out better than I could have ever imagined!  

         

         

         



        #554 Lisa Dyer

        Lisa Dyer
        • Newbie
        • 29 posts

          Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

          Beautiful Heather! 

           

          We are also considering using the Lazy River Location instead of the Beach. A couple questions for you: did you add the flowers at the top of the arch or did they come with the package? Also, how many people did you have? We'll have close to 60 and I'm wondering if there's enough space.

           

          Thanks!



          #555 heather1214

          heather1214
          • Jr. Member
          • 229 posts

            Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

            Originally Posted by Lisa Dyer 

            Beautiful Heather! 

             

            We are also considering using the Lazy River Location instead of the Beach. A couple questions for you: did you add the flowers at the top of the arch or did they come with the package? Also, how many people did you have? We'll have close to 60 and I'm wondering if there's enough space.

             

            Thanks!

             

            We added those flowers.  It was $100 from Floral Fantasy, and we also used them again on the sweetheart table. We had 40 guests seated and there was plenty of room.  The paperwork I was given said it fit 80 I think.  I have more pictures, PM me your email and I can send you some.  I knew right away I did not want the wedding on the beach because of everyone standing to close.  Pictures friends and family gave us already are amazing and the best part, no one in their bathing suits in my shots!!  Guests were watching the wedding from the terrace and from their private balcony. And everyone got up from the pool to watch behind the bushes!  I read a review that said it was the "stage" of the resort and I agree 110%.  Coming over the bridge gave such a dramatic effect.  I wouldn't have changed a thing!!!



            #556 katiemck22

            katiemck22
            • Newbie
            • 8 posts

              Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

              I just returned home from our wedding. Me husband(still weird to say) and I were also married at the lazy river location. I originally wanted to get married on the beach but I heard that the beach was windy and not totally private. I'm glad we chose the lazy river. Our wedding went better then we could have ever imagined! At the last minute we decided on having a private reception. It was totally worth it!! We were able to do all of our dances there. It include the dj, who played whatever we wanted. If he didn't have it he would just hook up someone's iPhone and play the song for us. Everything was perfect, not just our wedding day but our entire stay. Nicole and Tiffany are amazing. Although it was frustrating with the lack of communication they knew exactly what they were doing and they were extremely accommodating. All of the staff at the hotel were awesome!! We can't wait to go back!

              #557 AandNJam

              AandNJam
              • Newbie
              • 27 posts

                Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

                Originally Posted by katiemck22 

                I just returned home from our wedding. Me husband(still weird to say) and I were also married at the lazy river location. I originally wanted to get married on the beach but I heard that the beach was windy and not totally private. I'm glad we chose the lazy river. Our wedding went better then we could have ever imagined! At the last minute we decided on having a private reception. It was totally worth it!! We were able to do all of our dances there. It include the dj, who played whatever we wanted. If he didn't have it he would just hook up someone's iPhone and play the song for us. Everything was perfect, not just our wedding day but our entire stay. Nicole and Tiffany are amazing. Although it was frustrating with the lack of communication they knew exactly what they were doing and they were extremely accommodating. All of the staff at the hotel were awesome!! We can't wait to go back!

                 



                Congrats!! How many people did you have and which restaurant did you have the private reception?



                #558 katiemck22

                katiemck22
                • Newbie
                • 8 posts

                  Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

                  We had 30 guests. We had our dinner at Mare Nostrome.

                  #559 katiemck22

                  katiemck22
                  • Newbie
                  • 8 posts

                    Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

                    After the dinner we had a private reception in the blue moon bar. By far the best decision we made. It ended at 1030 and the disco opens at 11. So it worked perfect.

                    #560 HeyMonBride

                    HeyMonBride
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 6 posts

                      Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

                      Lana I'm getting married on the 1st at the Suites, yay! Have you gotten your final details sheet from Nicole or Tiffany yet????  I haven't, so just wondering if any one else has who is about a month out. 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users