Jump to content

Photo

2013 Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Brides


  • Please log in to reply
649 replies to this topic

#491 HollyAndJohn

HollyAndJohn
  • Newbie
  • 23 posts

    Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

    Everything went smoothly!

     

    I met with the Tiffanya nd Nicole 2 days before the wedding and brought everything to them (sashes, centerpieces, seating charts, cake decorations, everything i had) and told them how i wanted it set up and that was it! You also need to pay the DJ in cash the day before!

     

    We had the rehearsal the day before at 6 then dinner at the Steak House for 29 people....no charge it was included as their meal :)

     

    The day of the wedding my Bridesmaid and Mom got their hair and make up done at the spa starting at 9AM which the make up took a little longer than expected but was done in time.

     

    My photographer came to my room at 130 to start pictures with me and the girls and my family, she then went to the guys at 3 and then John and I had our "First Meet" at 330.

     

    Our ceremony was on the beach at 4, we had 55 guests...And there are so many people gathered around taking pictures!!! I brought some grey material that they added to the Huppa for me.

     

    We had all of our guests go to the Lobby bar for Cocktail hour

     

    Reception - we had a Calabash which i highly recommend it was AWESOME!!!! a little warm in there but that is the only complaint. We had salmon and cheese App, cream of asparagus soup, then dinner was either Steak, Snapper or Jerk Chicken.

    I had an open bar for the entire reception from 630-10

     

     

    The DJ was good, he played requests right away, but didnt have very new stuff like Suit and Tie lol.

     



    #492 heather1214

    heather1214
    • Jr. Member
    • 229 posts

      Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

      Originally Posted by HollyAndJohn 

      *

      here is a picture of my flowers from Floral Fantasies. they were so nice and delivered on time!

       

      *

      this is a veiw of guys waiting....

      *

      cake

       

      more to come once i get them from my photographer 

      I'm glad you had such a good experience with FF. It's hard putting trust in a venue so far away. Seeing pictures of past brides who have worked with them is very helpful!!

       

      You looked abssolutely stunning!!  Congratulations!!



      #493 julzman22

      julzman22
      • Newbie
      • 26 posts

        Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

        Originally Posted by HollyAndJohn 

        Everything went smoothly!

         

        I met with the Tiffanya nd Nicole 2 days before the wedding and brought everything to them (sashes, centerpieces, seating charts, cake decorations, everything i had) and told them how i wanted it set up and that was it! You also need to pay the DJ in cash the day before!

         

        We had the rehearsal the day before at 6 then dinner at the Steak House for 29 people....no charge it was included as their meal :)

         

        The day of the wedding my Bridesmaid and Mom got their hair and make up done at the spa starting at 9AM which the make up took a little longer than expected but was done in time.

         

        My photographer came to my room at 130 to start pictures with me and the girls and my family, she then went to the guys at 3 and then John and I had our "First Meet" at 330.

         

        Our ceremony was on the beach at 4, we had 55 guests...And there are so many people gathered around taking pictures!!! I brought some grey material that they added to the Huppa for me.

         

        We had all of our guests go to the Lobby bar for Cocktail hour

         

        Reception - we had a Calabash which i highly recommend it was AWESOME!!!! a little warm in there but that is the only complaint. We had salmon and cheese App, cream of asparagus soup, then dinner was either Steak, Snapper or Jerk Chicken.

        I had an open bar for the entire reception from 630-10

         

         

        The DJ was good, he played requests right away, but didnt have very new stuff like Suit and Tie lol.

         

        You look gorgeous. Couple questions. So you did not have to pay the dj ahead of time? You just told Nicole you wanted them & paid the day before the wedding? Did you have DJ Kevan? I want to book him but wasn't sure if I do it thru Nicole or him. She never answers my emails. What prices did you pay the dj? There is talk of their prices going from $150 an hour up to $170 (private) & 190 (not private) per hour. I am hoping to get in at the $150 per hour as I booked last year. Did you have to ask for a different menu at Calabash? In the paperwork, it says snapper, grilled lamb or steak. I see you got jerk chicken.  So happy everything turned out so wonderful for you.



        #494 Krystal084

        Krystal084
        • Site Supporter
        • 30 posts

          Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

          Originally Posted by HollyAndJohn 

          Everything went smoothly!

           

          I met with the Tiffanya nd Nicole 2 days before the wedding and brought everything to them (sashes, centerpieces, seating charts, cake decorations, everything i had) and told them how i wanted it set up and that was it! You also need to pay the DJ in cash the day before!

           

          We had the rehearsal the day before at 6 then dinner at the Steak House for 29 people....no charge it was included as their meal :)

           

          The day of the wedding my Bridesmaid and Mom got their hair and make up done at the spa starting at 9AM which the make up took a little longer than expected but was done in time.

           

          My photographer came to my room at 130 to start pictures with me and the girls and my family, she then went to the guys at 3 and then John and I had our "First Meet" at 330.

           

          Our ceremony was on the beach at 4, we had 55 guests...And there are so many people gathered around taking pictures!!! I brought some grey material that they added to the Huppa for me.

           

          We had all of our guests go to the Lobby bar for Cocktail hour

           

          Reception - we had a Calabash which i highly recommend it was AWESOME!!!! a little warm in there but that is the only complaint. We had salmon and cheese App, cream of asparagus soup, then dinner was either Steak, Snapper or Jerk Chicken.

          I had an open bar for the entire reception from 630-10

           

           

          The DJ was good, he played requests right away, but didnt have very new stuff like Suit and Tie lol.

           

          Your pictures are beautiful!  I LOVE the colors!!!  This is making me so excited to have my wedding there in a few months  :)



          #495 Krystal084

          Krystal084
          • Site Supporter
          • 30 posts

            Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

            Hi girls!  Quick question.  I just found out from Nicole that I cannot rent Calabash for a private reception unless I have 70+ guests.  I am expecting 40 at most.  She suggested renting the disco after having my wedding dinner at Calabash.

             

            I wanted a space to enjoy dinner and then have speeches and the mother/son, father/daughter dance. I was also looking forward to a private, intimate dinner with my friends and family and now to find out that this is not possible really upsets me.  I was planning on paying the $800 to rent the space, and an additional $1,000 or so for DJ and open bar.

             

            Under 2012 rates, the disco is only $450 and that includes 2 hours of open bar and DJ... I can't understand what difference it makes if there are 40 or 70 guests.  Either way, I would be paying almost $1500 more to rent Calabash than the disco.. Anyone else have this happen to them??



            #496 Krystal084

            Krystal084
            • Site Supporter
            • 30 posts

              Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

              I just found out that I cannot rent Calabash for a private reception unless I have 70 guests, which is not happening.

               

              This is upsetting because I was looking forward to a private, intimate dinner with family and friends and then a space to do speeches and dancing.  I was also planning on renting DJ and having open bar. 

               

              Nicole suggested that I rent the disco, which under 2012 rates is $450 and includes 2 hours of DJ and open bar.

               

              What I dont understand is if I am offering to pay $800 to rent Calabash and then another $1000 for DJ and open bar, what difference does it make if there are 70 or 30 people?  They are still getting their money..  Anyone else have any advice?

               

              Thanks :)



              #497 HollyAndJohn

              HollyAndJohn
              • Newbie
              • 23 posts

                Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

                Julzman22....yes i paid the day before for the DJ....$525 from 630-10....As far as the food, I just asked Nicole to replace the lamb with a chicken option

                 

                Krystal, i rented Calabash with 55 for the $800



                #498 sfox4214

                sfox4214
                • Newbie
                • 67 posts
                • Wedding Date:May 29, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites - Jamaica
                • LocationChicago, Illinois

                Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

                Hi girls!  Quick question.  I just found out from Nicole that I cannot rent Calabash for a private reception unless I have 70+ guests.  I am expecting 40 at most.  She suggested renting the disco after having my wedding dinner at Calabash. I wanted a space to enjoy dinner and then have speeches and the mother/son, father/daughter dance. I was also looking forward to a private, intimate dinner with my friends and family and now to find out that this is not possible really upsets me.  I was planning on paying the $800 to rent the space, and an additional $1,000 or so for DJ and open bar. Under 2012 rates, the disco is only $450 and that includes 2 hours of open bar and DJ... I can't understand what difference it makes if there are 40 or 70 guests.  Either way, I would be paying almost $1500 more to rent Calabash than the disco.. Anyone else have this happen to them??

                Krystal, I had the same thing happen to me, I got several people involved and it got me nowhere. They are very strict about the minimums, they don't care how much money you're willing to spend :/ I think holly was able to rent with different minimums because she signed her contract before march 2012 when they changed the minimums. It really does suck :/ I wanted a private reception so bad ... and unfortunately I don't have guests to do one ... but you have the mins for the Mediterranean, you could do a private reception there.

                #499 Krystal084

                Krystal084
                • Site Supporter
                • 30 posts

                  Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

                  Originally Posted by sfox4214 


                  Krystal,

                  I had the same thing happen to me, I got several people involved and it got me nowhere. They are very strict about the minimums, they don't care how much money you're willing to spend :/

                  I think holly was able to rent with different minimums because she signed her contract before march 2012 when they changed the minimums. It really does suck :/ I wanted a private reception so bad ... and unfortunately I don't have guests to do one ... but you have the mins for the Mediterranean, you could do a private reception there.


                  Thats so terrible! If anything I feel like they would prefer it to be a smaller crowd so they have less to clean up!  Anyway, what are you planning on doing?  Are you just going to rent the disco? 



                  #500 Kassi22

                  Kassi22
                  • Newbie
                  • 135 posts

                    Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

                    Originally Posted by Krystal084 


                    Thats so terrible! If anything I feel like they would prefer it to be a smaller crowd so they have less to clean up!  Anyway, what are you planning on doing?  Are you just going to rent the disco? 

                     

                    How about doing a Semi-Private? That's what I'm doing. You can have the restaurant for 2 hours where you are the only ones in there.. for $450.

                     

                    I assume the Mins came into play as with the wedding going on at the resort, it was making it near impossible for non wedding guest to get reservations at the a la Carte restaurants. Booking out a whole restaurant for say 30 people .. means that the 100 people that would normally eat there that night need to go elsewhere, making a bag log.

                     

                    I know it sucks.. but I also see the reasoning behind it.






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users