2013 Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Brides

DJ question... Getting married at the suites April 14,2013. We want to get a DJ fr dancing at our bonfire on the beach after the wedding ceremony and dinner. Any suggestions? Also can you bring your own playlist on an iPod? I know for the ceremony music they indicate a cd is suggested but wasn't sure about a DJ. Appreciate the input brides!! :)

Originally Posted by jmarshall View Post

Hi everyone!

I just joined Best Destination Weddings and have been researching and reading reviews on Iberostar Rose Hall Suites all night (I work graveyards). 

My fiance and I recently got engaged, and we are shooting for a destination wedding in 2013.  After doing research online on locations and resorts everyday since then, I think I have come to decide to that I have got my heart set on Jamaica and Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

I have a couple of questions for all of you 2013 IRHS brides:

If your destination of choice has always been Jamaica, what other resorts were in the running prior to deciding on Iberostar Rose Hall Suites?  And ultimately, what about those resorts made you pick Iberostar Rose Hall Suites?

Thanks for listening, and I look forward to all your insight!  :)

Jenna

(This is where I meant to originally post, so I apologize if you have to read this more than once.)

Hi Jenna! Welcome to the forum!

We chose Jamaica after visiting once before, and found the people to be so friendly and accomodating. Joe and I are pretty laid back people, and just enjoy smiling faces and some laughs...and the Jamaican people are just so warm and inviting. We chose the IRHS because we might have guests bringing some children, and we wanted a resort where our guests could choose to stay at the Grand for an adults only vacation, or the Suites for a little more affordability and allows kids. We previously stayed at Secrets in Jamaica and were always doing activities. By the end of our stay, we walked around and everyone knew us from all the games and activities...so we knew we wanted an all-inclusive that had those fun games we liked. Good luck on your planning!

Originally Posted by jmarshall View Post

Hi everyone!

I just joined Best Destination Weddings and have been researching and reading reviews on Iberostar Rose Hall Suites all night (I work graveyards). 

My fiance and I recently got engaged, and we are shooting for a destination wedding in 2013.  After doing research online on locations and resorts everyday since then, I think I have come to decide to that I have got my heart set on Jamaica and Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

I have a couple of questions for all of you 2013 IRHS brides:

If your destination of choice has always been Jamaica, what other resorts were in the running prior to deciding on Iberostar Rose Hall Suites?  And ultimately, what about those resorts made you pick Iberostar Rose Hall Suites?

Thanks for listening, and I look forward to all your insight!  :)

Jenna

(This is where I meant to originally post, so I apologize if you have to read this more than once.)

Hi Jenna,

Congrats!

My reason's were very similar to CourtandMatt.  I had been to Jamaica twice before and love how lush it is, the people are very friendly(too friendly in fact at times! ha).

I also wanted somewhere where you could explore outside the resort, have the ceremony be in English and not a far plane ride from Toronto. Besides Iberostar I looked at RIU negril but decided against it due to the 2 hrs drive and the reviews were 50/50. It was down to Gran Bahia but beach is manmade and they did more than one wedding a day. I also know a few people that stayed there. Theysaid  it was nice but I wanted better than nice.

The ulitmate decision came from the reviews on trip advisor.People raved about the food (which is important when planning other people's holiday) and the brides all said it was amazing.

One of the main issues with Iberostar is that they have just over 300 rooms in each resort so at the time I thought great not a huge resort but if you choose a popular time it will sell out early. For me we had to plan it over christmas holidays due to teachers and family visiting from overseas. The beach & suites sold out at the end of September so even if people wanted to book last minute they can no longer stay at those 2 resorts.

Best of luck with the planning!

Hey I am getting married at the Beach in April and I received the same information regarding the tables.

Height: 29 cm Diameter: 71.5 cm Capacity:  10 people max.

What size table cloths did you order? I was thinking of purchasing table overlays like the ones shown in the link below, but I am not sure if this is the correct size.

http://www.efavormart.com/satinoverlay60x60-10colorsavailable-1-2.aspx?variation=2514

Hi,

Thanks for starting this! My date is March 4, 2013.

I'm very behind in my planning so I'm not quite sure I'll be that helpful.

Hotel: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Ceremony Location: Beach

Cocktail Hour: Haven't gotten this far but would love to have a steel band playing at the same time. Likely between 6-7pm.  

Reception Type: Not private. I'm leaning towards Calabash Gourmet restaurant because I heard it was the nicest 

Reception Time: 7-10:30pm

Heading to the hotel club for dancing

Photographer: TBD - this is my biggest concern. Don't think I trust the photographer at the resort.

Videographer: ??

Travel Coordinator: Trip Central 

Guest Amount: Probably 50. 

hi ladies!! new to all the threads and thinking of IRHS for my november wedding.. is anyone having their dinner/reception on the beach itself? If so, are you still having dance floor, DJ? many of the reviews say in the restaurants followed by the disco which is not what i envision. Also, is cocktail hour mandatory, and do you have to pay per person for the cocktail hour time??? Please let me know, thank you!!

Originally Posted by nattiejamrock View Post

hi ladies!! new to all the threads and thinking of IRHS for my november wedding.. is anyone having their dinner/reception on the beach itself? If so, are you still having dance floor, DJ? many of the reviews say in the restaurants followed by the disco which is not what i envision. Also, is cocktail hour mandatory, and do you have to pay per person for the cocktail hour time??? Please let me know, thank you!!

Hi, I'm planning my dinner and reception on the beach at the Suites. My wedding is exactly 2 months away. There are extra charges, including the dinner itself. I'm also renting an open air tent with lantern lighting, dance floor, etc.... but I also didn't envision my dinner in a restaurant followed by the disco. We might end up at the disco at the end of the night, but I wanted something more private. Just be prepared for lots of extra costs if you go the beach reception route. It's also taking me way more time to plan out than I had anticipated, but I'm sure it will all be worth it. I don't think cocktail hour is mandatory, but if you do have one, there is a charge for them to set up and serve. I personally don't see a big issue with that, if you are getting a dedicated bar and servers. I look at it as a charge for the service rather than the alcohol itself.

ErinLee,

wow 2 months away- so soon! Congrats! My wedding date is Dec 14, 2013 and our ideal wedding is on the beach. Have they given you a price breakdown of costs for dance floor etc on the beach? If so, would you mind sending it to me? If not,  I totally understand!

I would love to see photos when you get back!!!

Good luck with everything!

Noticed someone mention a private dinner for 50 guests.... I'm looking at the paperwork that I have and it says that for a private reception you can use Mare Nostrum for 40-50 people, Calabash for 70-100 people and Aunt Ruby's for 100-200 people.  I don't see a problem in us having 70 guests for Calabash (we are at 60 right now) but if you are between 50-70 what do you do?

Also, I think I know the answer but I've been a lot of disco talk recently... if you rent the restaurant for your reception you are able to have the DJ and a dance floor in the restaurant, right?