Jump to content
CourtandMatt

2013 Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Brides

Recommended Posts

Everything went smoothly!

 

I met with the Tiffanya nd Nicole 2 days before the wedding and brought everything to them (sashes, centerpieces, seating charts, cake decorations, everything i had) and told them how i wanted it set up and that was it! You also need to pay the DJ in cash the day before!

 

We had the rehearsal the day before at 6 then dinner at the Steak House for 29 people....no charge it was included as their meal :)

 

The day of the wedding my Bridesmaid and Mom got their hair and make up done at the spa starting at 9AM which the make up took a little longer than expected but was done in time.

 

My photographer came to my room at 130 to start pictures with me and the girls and my family, she then went to the guys at 3 and then John and I had our "First Meet" at 330.

 

Our ceremony was on the beach at 4, we had 55 guests...And there are so many people gathered around taking pictures!!! I brought some grey material that they added to the Huppa for me.

 

We had all of our guests go to the Lobby bar for Cocktail hour

 

Reception - we had a Calabash which i highly recommend it was AWESOME!!!! a little warm in there but that is the only complaint. We had salmon and cheese App, cream of asparagus soup, then dinner was either Steak, Snapper or Jerk Chicken.

I had an open bar for the entire reception from 630-10

 

 

The DJ was good, he played requests right away, but didnt have very new stuff like Suit and Tie lol.

 

1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by HollyAndJohn View Post

 

*

here is a picture of my flowers from Floral Fantasies. they were so nice and delivered on time!

 

*

this is a veiw of guys waiting....

*

cake

 

more to come once i get them from my photographer 

I'm glad you had such a good experience with FF. It's hard putting trust in a venue so far away. Seeing pictures of past brides who have worked with them is very helpful!!

 

You looked abssolutely stunning!!  Congratulations!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by HollyAndJohn View Post

 

Everything went smoothly!

 

I met with the Tiffanya nd Nicole 2 days before the wedding and brought everything to them (sashes, centerpieces, seating charts, cake decorations, everything i had) and told them how i wanted it set up and that was it! You also need to pay the DJ in cash the day before!

 

We had the rehearsal the day before at 6 then dinner at the Steak House for 29 people....no charge it was included as their meal :)

 

The day of the wedding my Bridesmaid and Mom got their hair and make up done at the spa starting at 9AM which the make up took a little longer than expected but was done in time.

 

My photographer came to my room at 130 to start pictures with me and the girls and my family, she then went to the guys at 3 and then John and I had our "First Meet" at 330.

 

Our ceremony was on the beach at 4, we had 55 guests...And there are so many people gathered around taking pictures!!! I brought some grey material that they added to the Huppa for me.

 

We had all of our guests go to the Lobby bar for Cocktail hour

 

Reception - we had a Calabash which i highly recommend it was AWESOME!!!! a little warm in there but that is the only complaint. We had salmon and cheese App, cream of asparagus soup, then dinner was either Steak, Snapper or Jerk Chicken.

I had an open bar for the entire reception from 630-10

 

 

The DJ was good, he played requests right away, but didnt have very new stuff like Suit and Tie lol.

 

1000

You look gorgeous. Couple questions. So you did not have to pay the dj ahead of time? You just told Nicole you wanted them & paid the day before the wedding? Did you have DJ Kevan? I want to book him but wasn't sure if I do it thru Nicole or him. She never answers my emails. What prices did you pay the dj? There is talk of their prices going from $150 an hour up to $170 (private) & 190 (not private) per hour. I am hoping to get in at the $150 per hour as I booked last year. Did you have to ask for a different menu at Calabash? In the paperwork, it says snapper, grilled lamb or steak. I see you got jerk chicken.  So happy everything turned out so wonderful for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by HollyAndJohn View Post

 

Everything went smoothly!

 

I met with the Tiffanya nd Nicole 2 days before the wedding and brought everything to them (sashes, centerpieces, seating charts, cake decorations, everything i had) and told them how i wanted it set up and that was it! You also need to pay the DJ in cash the day before!

 

We had the rehearsal the day before at 6 then dinner at the Steak House for 29 people....no charge it was included as their meal :)

 

The day of the wedding my Bridesmaid and Mom got their hair and make up done at the spa starting at 9AM which the make up took a little longer than expected but was done in time.

 

My photographer came to my room at 130 to start pictures with me and the girls and my family, she then went to the guys at 3 and then John and I had our "First Meet" at 330.

 

Our ceremony was on the beach at 4, we had 55 guests...And there are so many people gathered around taking pictures!!! I brought some grey material that they added to the Huppa for me.

 

We had all of our guests go to the Lobby bar for Cocktail hour

 

Reception - we had a Calabash which i highly recommend it was AWESOME!!!! a little warm in there but that is the only complaint. We had salmon and cheese App, cream of asparagus soup, then dinner was either Steak, Snapper or Jerk Chicken.

I had an open bar for the entire reception from 630-10

 

 

The DJ was good, he played requests right away, but didnt have very new stuff like Suit and Tie lol.

 

1000

Your pictures are beautiful!  I LOVE the colors!!!  This is making me so excited to have my wedding there in a few months  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi girls!  Quick question.  I just found out from Nicole that I cannot rent Calabash for a private reception unless I have 70+ guests.  I am expecting 40 at most.  She suggested renting the disco after having my wedding dinner at Calabash.

 

I wanted a space to enjoy dinner and then have speeches and the mother/son, father/daughter dance. I was also looking forward to a private, intimate dinner with my friends and family and now to find out that this is not possible really upsets me.  I was planning on paying the $800 to rent the space, and an additional $1,000 or so for DJ and open bar.

 

Under 2012 rates, the disco is only $450 and that includes 2 hours of open bar and DJ... I can't understand what difference it makes if there are 40 or 70 guests.  Either way, I would be paying almost $1500 more to rent Calabash than the disco.. Anyone else have this happen to them??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found out that I cannot rent Calabash for a private reception unless I have 70 guests, which is not happening.

 

This is upsetting because I was looking forward to a private, intimate dinner with family and friends and then a space to do speeches and dancing.  I was also planning on renting DJ and having open bar. 

 

Nicole suggested that I rent the disco, which under 2012 rates is $450 and includes 2 hours of DJ and open bar.

 

What I dont understand is if I am offering to pay $800 to rent Calabash and then another $1000 for DJ and open bar, what difference does it make if there are 70 or 30 people?  They are still getting their money..  Anyone else have any advice?

 

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Julzman22....yes i paid the day before for the DJ....$525 from 630-10....As far as the food, I just asked Nicole to replace the lamb with a chicken option

 

Krystal, i rented Calabash with 55 for the $800

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi girls!  Quick question.  I just found out from Nicole that I cannot rent Calabash for a private reception unless I have 70+ guests.  I am expecting 40 at most.  She suggested renting the disco after having my wedding dinner at Calabash. I wanted a space to enjoy dinner and then have speeches and the mother/son, father/daughter dance. I was also looking forward to a private, intimate dinner with my friends and family and now to find out that this is not possible really upsets me.  I was planning on paying the $800 to rent the space, and an additional $1,000 or so for DJ and open bar. Under 2012 rates, the disco is only $450 and that includes 2 hours of open bar and DJ... I can't understand what difference it makes if there are 40 or 70 guests.  Either way, I would be paying almost $1500 more to rent Calabash than the disco.. Anyone else have this happen to them??
Krystal, I had the same thing happen to me, I got several people involved and it got me nowhere. They are very strict about the minimums, they don't care how much money you're willing to spend :/ I think holly was able to rent with different minimums because she signed her contract before march 2012 when they changed the minimums. It really does suck :/ I wanted a private reception so bad ... and unfortunately I don't have guests to do one ... but you have the mins for the Mediterranean, you could do a private reception there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by sfox4214 View Post

 

 

Krystal,

 

I had the same thing happen to me, I got several people involved and it got me nowhere. They are very strict about the minimums, they don't care how much money you're willing to spend :/

 

I think holly was able to rent with different minimums because she signed her contract before march 2012 when they changed the minimums. It really does suck :/ I wanted a private reception so bad ... and unfortunately I don't have guests to do one ... but you have the mins for the Mediterranean, you could do a private reception there.

 

Thats so terrible! If anything I feel like they would prefer it to be a smaller crowd so they have less to clean up!  Anyway, what are you planning on doing?  Are you just going to rent the disco? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Krystal084 View Post

 

 

Thats so terrible! If anything I feel like they would prefer it to be a smaller crowd so they have less to clean up!  Anyway, what are you planning on doing?  Are you just going to rent the disco? 

 

How about doing a Semi-Private? That's what I'm doing. You can have the restaurant for 2 hours where you are the only ones in there.. for $450.

 

I assume the Mins came into play as with the wedding going on at the resort, it was making it near impossible for non wedding guest to get reservations at the a la Carte restaurants. Booking out a whole restaurant for say 30 people .. means that the 100 people that would normally eat there that night need to go elsewhere, making a bag log.

 

I know it sucks.. but I also see the reasoning behind it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×