Photo

What is the Best Bridesmaid Gift you have ever received?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mishele81

mishele81
  • 202 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

I am having a hard time deciding what to buy my bridesmaids for gifts, so far I have bought them their shoes for the wedding but I wanted to add something else.

What is the best gift you have received as a BM gift?

Maybe this will help me!

Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas - April 17, 2012 - 52 booked

#2 Krys21

Krys21
    • 32 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

I've stood in 7 weddings.  As a bridesmaid I really like when i got earrings I would actually wear again - they were simple pearl studs, and a grey pashmina.  I wear the pashmina all the time!  Because its grey it matches everything! 

I also really liked when I once got a clutch as a bm gift.  I use it frequently when I have to get dressed up. 

I really dislike getting fake diamond looking jewellery, reminds me of costume jewellery and I would never wear it again.

For my bridesmaids, I am putting together a box, Micheals craft store has some really cute boxes with magnetic flap  lids, they're about $15-20, but every time you buy something from Micheals you get a coupon for 40-50% off your next purchase, so I've been buying them one at a time!   Inside the box is a clutch, from etsy, earrings from etsy, a thank you card with letter and old picture of us from the past.

#3 kellykanester

kellykanester
      • 236 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

I haven't received a gift, since I have not been one yet. But etsy has great one of a kinds stuff. I will be buying my bridesmaid dresses for them, as appreciation for coming all the way to mexico, as well as personalized necklaces with their initals on them

the sellers store is starfish.jpg

Happily married and now Mrs. West

#4 mishele81

mishele81
        • 202 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

I love etsy!! Thanks Ladies !

Krys,  I love the idea of a card and the picture from the past, I may have to add this! Where are you getting married in CAbo? I notice our weddings are only days apart!

#5 Krys21

Krys21
          • 32 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

My wedding is practically alll Etsy!!

We are staying at the Riu Santa Fe, but our wedding is at the Sunset Da Mona Lisa!!

And you?

#6 brittmcfarlin

brittmcfarlin
            • 164 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

I got a personalized address label stamp thing, not sure what it's called, but that was a neat and different gift.  

#7 mishele81

mishele81
              • 202 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

Another fab idea - personilized address stamp! Keep them coming ladies!

Krys, my wedding is comprised of a lot of etsy stuff as well, it's addicting!!!  We should meet for a drink then because I am staying at the Riu Palace and also getting married there. We get in on April 13 and staying until the 20th.

#8 Krys21

Krys21
                • 32 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:56 AM

That would be Great Mishele!  I'm going to try to send you a PM with my email address so we can talk via email and create a meeting spot and time!  We arrive on the 18th, but our guests arrive on the 21!

#9 mishele81

mishele81
                  • 202 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

I'll send you an email tomorrow so that you also have mine, long day , time for bed!  :)

#10 lavenderlux

lavenderlux
                    • 153 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

Thanks for the idea ladies on checking out Etsy! That site is addicting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users