• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much TyreBride......

I'm already to mail out our DIY thank you cards tomorrow which direct all guest & those that purchased us presents to the website.  After two weeks, from the mailing I will then send out "we are married cards" to those that did not make it to the wedding.

Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 View Post

absolutely love your site.  your wedding was beautiful

With any package/purchase you get to customize your domain name.  I chose the next to the highest package, with copyright, etc.... The reason I did this was since we were planning a destination wedding, we wanted to give everyone at least a year to plan etc....  and the "What's new pop up feature" is awesome! 

To get the new domain name was only $20.00.  So essentially you can link to us via both names until the expiration date. 

if you don't mind me asking how much is the initial purchase for the site/name?

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Thanks so much TyreBride......

I'm already to mail out our DIY thank you cards tomorrow which direct all guest & those that purchased us presents to the website.  After two weeks, from the mailing I will then send out "we are married cards" to those that did not make it to the wedding.

you are very welcome loved your TTD session the underwater shots were amazing and love the dress change your photographer did an excellent job.  I really do wish that our resort allowed outside vendors.  I really am considering changing venues I'm so conflicted.  

you are very welcome loved your TTD session the underwater shots were amazing and love the dress change your photographer did an excellent job.  I really do wish that our resort allowed outside vendors.  I really am considering changing venues I'm so conflicted.  

I see you had many DIYs how long did you take for wedding planning?  Do you think you save enough money for the time/work put in yourself?  I'm trying to figure out just how much I want to do myself

If it wasn't for this website I would have purchased EVERYTHING & definitely wasted money.  The bottom line is your having a destination wedding and the surroundings of the resort, beach etc... is beautiful by itself!!  So, if anything you are simply providing enhancements based on your style.  You can keep it simple or go all out (more expensive option without the DIYing)

Paper in the way of others doing things add up!!!!  You can keep this to a minimum by DIYing or finding someone to set-up the design and you do the printing etc...  With all that said, I started planning  about 15 months before our wedding date.  I sacrificed my weekends (in most cases which saved me tons of money) and cut etc....  I was also able to print at work (saved me easily a couple hundred bucks).

But you know you best!!! 

I see you had many DIYs how long did you take for wedding planning?  Do you think you save enough money for the time/work put in yourself?  I'm trying to figure out just how much I want to do myself

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

If it wasn't for this website I would have purchased EVERYTHING & definitely wasted money.  The bottom line is your having a destination wedding and the surroundings of the resort, beach etc... is beautiful by itself!!  So, if anything you are simply providing enhancements based on your style.  You can keep it simple or go all out (more expensive option without the DIYing)

Paper in the way of others doing things add up!!!!  You can keep this to a minimum by DIYing or finding someone to set-up the design and you do the printing etc...  With all that said, I started planning  about 15 months before our wedding date.  I sacrificed my weekends (in most cases which saved me tons of money) and cut etc....  I was also able to print at work (saved me easily a couple hundred bucks).

But you know you best!!! 

Actually the same applies here.  I am not the creative DIY type however, this site is really inspiring me to want to at least try.  Also, to be able to save and cut corners will help me be able to have extras that I want, because I do see how everything can add up. I know that I can't print at work but I am hoping that FI will be able to print at work or we might be able to get a reasonable discount from a vendor that they use.  I am going to seriously get on my grid and make it happen.  

Hi Coconoir1908,

I absolutely LOVED your site! The fact that we are Sorors make it even better :)))

I actually went to the wedding window website to inquire about the options and started the free trial, the only problem my wedding is not until October 2013 in Dominican Republic, so I am afraid it will expire before our wedding :( I think I may have to call them and get this straightened out.  Or do you know if this will be an issue for me August 2012?  Do they give you the option to extend past the 12 months if you need it?

Did you say you ended up getting an upgrade to the free package, if so, which package did you get?

Melissa

SkeeWee :-) Thanks so much for the compliments Soror! No worries about the time as you can always purchase an extension for a minimal fee. I started out with some type of special after my trial which gave me 15months. But this domain name will be active for 1yr so 6/2013. Hope that helps.

Hi Coconoir1908,

I absolutely LOVED your site! The fact that we are Sorors make it even better :)))

I actually went to the wedding window website to inquire about the options and started the free trial, the only problem my wedding is not until October 2013 in Dominican Republic, so I am afraid it will expire before our wedding :( I think I may have to call them and get this straightened out.  Or do you know if this will be an issue for me August 2012?  Do they give you the option to extend past the 12 months if you need it?

Did you say you ended up getting an upgrade to the free package, if so, which package did you get?

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

We are wanting to create our wedding website, but before we get started we need some advice...

Half of our guests speak Spanish and the other half English, so what do you think is the best option for us?? should we create two websites or should we just post in both languages in each section?? or is there a better option??

Thanks in advance for your advice =)