OOT Bag ideas for a wedding in Mexico

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ANGELA2013

ANGELA2013
  • 312 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

Hi Ladies

We are getting married in Riviera Maya and we want to do OOT bags  for our guests. We will be having around 20 people but I just can't think of what to put in them. I love thought about a few basics like sun screen, bug spray, and a sewing kit but I can't really come up with anything else. We want them to be useful and fun,

Thanks for any help you can give.

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

hi angela! start here:

http://www.bestdesti...-possible-items

if that doesnt help, try using the search bar above, type in OOT IDEAS or something similar, you'll find more ideas than you can shake a stick at :)

#3 ANGELA2013

ANGELA2013
    • 312 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

Thank you Abbie!!!

#4 AudreyP

AudreyP
      • 9 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

Hi Ladies We are getting married in Riviera Maya and we want to do OOT bags  for our guests. We will be having around 20 people but I just can't think of what to put in them. I love thought about a few basics like sun screen, bug spray, and a sewing kit but I can't really come up with anything else. We want them to be useful and fun, Thanks for any help you can give.

Hey Angela! Here's some info I've been collecting on what to put in OOT bags, here's some ideas: Map of the resort Tylenol mini pack Pesto bismol chewables Aloe Vera "Shout out" pen Hand sanitizer Bandaids Chapstick Bubba keg -- to fill up to take to the beach so there are less back and forths to the pool bar? Not sure if there are bars at the beach actually. This could also be handy if you have a tour day with your guests too. Zip lock bags or something for people to put their money inside so it's kept dry. Hair ties ...small little things that people may forget to pack but likely use on the trip. :) Hope that helps! P.s. Now this may not matter...but I'm also getting married at Barcelo Maya Palace and it'll be mine and fianc©'s 12 year anniversary! Super cool. Big huge congratulations!!! I'm sure you feel it's been a lonnnnnggggg time coming too. Lol. Cheers and all the best w planning!

#5 Jenna1511

Jenna1511
        • 209 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

Hey Angela! Here's some info I've been collecting on what to put in OOT bags, here's some ideas: Map of the resort Tylenol mini pack Pesto bismol chewables Aloe Vera "Shout out" pen Hand sanitizer Bandaids Chapstick Bubba keg -- to fill up to take to the beach so there are less back and forths to the pool bar? Not sure if there are bars at the beach actually. This could also be handy if you have a tour day with your guests too. Zip lock bags or something for people to put their money inside so it's kept dry. Hair ties ...small little things that people may forget to pack but likely use on the trip. :) Hope that helps! P.s. Now this may not matter...but I'm also getting married at Barcelo Maya Palace and it'll be mine and fianc©'s 12 year anniversary! Super cool. Big huge congratulations!!! I'm sure you feel it's been a lonnnnnggggg time coming too. Lol. Cheers and all the best w planning!

How exciting for you! Congrats! Thanks for list, I'm saving it for later! Thanks for sharing and happy planning!

#6 Nicci86

Nicci86
          • 41 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

I'm not actually done my OOT bags yet (and I leave on the 10th!!) but I'm going to put a list of useful Spanish words in everyone's bags- things like please, thank you, red wine, white wine, water, etc. I can see those being quite useful.

#7 shan0487

shan0487
            • 1,393 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

Will you share the list when you're done? 

Originally Posted by Nicci86 

I'm not actually done my OOT bags yet (and I leave on the 10th!!) but I'm going to put a list of useful Spanish words in everyone's bags- things like please, thank you, red wine, white wine, water, etc. I can see those being quite useful.

#8 jd0922

jd0922
            • 21 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 10, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Azul Beach Hotel
            • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

http://www.pinterest...61786984521352/

Love this idea -- key/tip holder with spanish essentials on the back! I can see my guests actually trying these out during the day if they are right there on their key holder/ 

#9 Naturalbeauti30

Naturalbeauti30
            • 37 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 8, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
            • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

http://www.pinterest...61786984521352/

Love this idea -- key/tip holder with spanish essentials on the back! I can see my guests actually trying these out during the day if they are right there on their key holder/ 

I really like that.  I'm saving on my pinterest board to use as well.  Thanks for posting. 

#10 FutureMrsSam

FutureMrsSam
            • 176 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 12, 2016

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

Ooh I like this idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users